confirmed by dovehq on the alchemical instgram channel 

• 2 weeks later...

Shes ******* phenomenal i lovee this

mv is A SERVE :jonny5:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 8:36 PM, kyliefever2002 said:

nov 10

If she doesn’t go #1 with “Lethal” because of the “Sand” misstep she will need a new record label

On 11/26/2023 at 11:11 PM, FoxyBrown said:

If she doesn’t go #1 with “Lethal” because of the “Sand” misstep she will need a new record label

She been needing a new record after they erased her previous discography. Botched Breakfast and then We Go Down Together and then splitting her debut album into 2 parts as if they couldn't just release a deluxe 

• Like 1

This song is AMAZING, it's vulnerable and RAW. hate that her label didn't capitalize off the success that boyfriend had. I really hope her album does amazing this Friday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

She been needing a new record after they erased her previous discography. Botched Breakfast and then We Go Down Together and then splitting her debut album into 2 parts as if they couldn't just release a deluxe 

This made absolute NO SENSE, whoever suggested this needs to be fired, why is your DEBUT album split into 2 parts, by the time the "second" part comes out, fans will be uninterested and all hype will be gone. also don't understand why she thought it was smart to release HALF of the songs off Vol. 1 -- get those streams ig.

On 11/28/2023 at 7:05 PM, Garbaj said:

This made absolute NO SENSE, whoever suggested this needs to be fired, why is your DEBUT album split into 2 parts, by the time the "second" part comes out, fans will be uninterested and all hype will be gone. also don't understand why she thought it was smart to release HALF of the songs off Vol. 1 -- get those streams ig.

the issue is the album being too short. if it would’ve been 12 tracks (or 14 like it was initially planned), 4 pre-release singles would’ve been fine.

but because of the reason of what she claims as being “unreasonable” and putting “a lot” of songs on the record — hence they split it into 2 parts, vol. 1 now only has 8 songs of which 2 are singles released in 2022 and the other 2 were released recently. i’m expecting vol. 2 to be no more than 8–10 songs. cohesiveness is one thing but it seems like w/ the whole ethic the album was being carried out w/ and the approach they had towards it, an album of 12–14 tracks could’ve done fine. add on a bonus track or two on a deluxe if you don’t wanna let go of any other track(s). streaming is also to be noted here since she’s relatively new as a solo act so they also don’t wanna have too many songs on the record.

and they also had no choice tbh, they can’t just leave the whole month of november empty after releasing lethal woman in october. they had to fill that gap, that bridge. so they went ahead w/ sand to showcase some versatility since boyf, breakfast, and lw are somewhat like similar tones, hues, and shades from a color palette. the music video for sand is beautiful, btw.

the label is clearly not promoting well but the pop-up events have sold out and she’ll be playing lolla chile/argentina/brazil and estéreo picnic in colombia q1 2024; so those will try help gain traction.

back to streaming, boyfriend and breakfast are the ones boosting this album, over almost 2 years and a year and half of their individual releases. lethal woman is doing <50k streams daily on spotify. sand is coping around ~150k daily on the other hand. i thought lethal woman had potential to sort of take off on tiktok but the issue of it is the chorus, there’s no hook in the song. and it’s so short, but a good opening track imo.

i’m hoping for good numbers this friday.

• Thanks 1

crybabyvocalsvol2.jpg?ex=657aa05d&is=656

this is from a few weeks ago.

she confirmed that vol. 2 is coming in 2024. hopefully early next year.

I really love this one. I feel like this + We Go Down Together (which should've been on the album) are some career-highs and I'm not even a big consumer of the ballad(-ish), laid-back sound. She is just VERY good at it. I actually prefer these over Boyfriend, Breakfast, etc. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 8:32 AM, Garbaj said:

This song is AMAZING, it's vulnerable and RAW. hate that her label didn't capitalize off the success that boyfriend had. I really hope her album does amazing this Friday.

Yeah I initially wrote it off because I wanted just bops from her but wow the video and the song are just gorgeous. I'm really scared that if it doesn't "do well" that they're gonna scrap part 2 which is why i hate it when the "split" albums. This rollout, her management, her label make little to no sense. From literally erasing her previous discography, then not knowing what to do once she took off, dropping **** to see what sticks, album delays, album split, scrapping celestial body. If she shows up in person to her pop up imma press her about how underutilized and underestimated she is by everyone and that they need to realize the untapped potential they have on their hands 

On 11/28/2023 at 8:35 AM, Garbaj said:

Why they couldn't just make a 13 track album and then do a re-release with a deluxe and adding another 7 to round it out to 20. Yeah hence why this shouldn't have been a full project. She should've labeled this as Celestial Body as originally intended including Bad Idea, Girl Like Me, We Go Down Together as they're actually good songs that were treated terribly in their releases and deserve justice by having a home. 

On 11/30/2023 at 2:17 PM, FireFade said:

I really love this one. I feel like this + We Go Down Together (which should've been on the album) are some career-highs and I'm not even a big consumer of the ballad(-ish), laid-back sound. She is just VERY good at it. I actually prefer these over Boyfriend, Breakfast, etc. 

I use to feel the opposite but now I can say that I've switched. Her being an actress actually helps with her delivery because she's able to sell emotion really well which is why her ballads always have this raw element to them if that makes any sense?

On 11/30/2023 at 1:30 AM, laqqinq said:

crybabyvocalsvol2.jpg?ex=657aa05d&is=656

this is from a few weeks ago.

she confirmed that vol. 2 is coming in 2024. hopefully early next year.

I'm not playing when I say she better include Bad Idea, Girl Like Me, We Go Down Together on the second volume along with fan favorite anticipated tracks like Girls And Boys, Kate Moss, Life Without Me,
Whole Body, Kate Moss, I Know Something That You Don't and
Made You Up In My Head. There you go another 8 tracks Miss Dove Cameron now deliver us.

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

I'm not playing when I say she better include Bad Idea, Girl Like Me, We Go Down Together on the second volume along with fan favorite anticipated tracks like Girls And Boys, Kate Moss, Life Without Me,

Whole Body, Kate Moss, I Know Something That You Don't and
Made You Up In My Head. There you go another 8 tracks Miss Dove Cameron now deliver us.

we can hope :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.