is Taylor the only pop star in recent memory (last 15 years) without a "slump"?

tili33

is Taylor the only pop star in recent memory (last 15 years) without a "slump"?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. is Taylor the only pop star in recent memory (last 15 years) without a "slump"?

This thread is going to have people claiming Swifties are annoying when, like always, someone who isn’t even very present or active in the Swift base in the creator of this thread. When will everyone learn it’s hardly ever US inciting these boastful discussions :gaycat6:

OT: yes sure but only if you count evermore as a continuation of folklore 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

That 329k is because physicals weren't available otherwise it would be easiy 600k+

Anyways slump is different for different artists 

lOVER was a massive slump :gaycat:

Taylor has had commercial dips (Speak Now's singles did fairly poorly... as did Reputations) but on a whole she's the most successful female popstar of our generation by a country mile.

Edited by Peroxide

• ATRL Moderator

Slumps are relative. Speak Now, Lover (before the recent resurgence), and Evermore were all slumps for Taylor

• Like 4

Taylor Swift 100%

But Ariana Grande and Rihanna also never had a true "slump", they managed to get a hit with each album.

• Like 2

lover back in 2019

She’s had her own fluctuations and brief dips before, but Taylor’s career is entirely anomalous. Her consistency is unprecedented - no notable commercial downturns or failures and peaking 17 years into her career. I don’t think it’s necessarily fair to compare an outlier to everyone else; career fluctuations are totally normal.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

Taylor Swift 100%

But Ariana Grande and Rihanna also never had a true "slump", they managed to get a hit with each album.

It’s not really appropriate to call a debut album a slump, it’s you finding your footing. The “slump” is what happens after you establish yourself 

Edited by PoisonedIvy

Everyone has its own slump and Taylor have no exceptions. Lover era was considered a slump on her standard based from the terrible single choices during the original run.

She's had, they just don't feel like them because she's still way too successful.

She started declining a bit with rep and Lover but folklore + evermore + Red TV revitalised and cemented her career

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

Taylor Swift 100%

Moonlight/Dangerous Woman and Rated R exist. I mean both era are still pretty successful on their own but it's obvious when you compare to their own discographies.

Every artist has a slump. The Reputation era was hers but she recovered from it. 

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

Moonlight/Dangerous Woman and Rated R exist. I mean both era are still pretty successful on their own but it's obvious when you compare to their own discographies.

Lover/Evermore/Speak Now were also a decline for Taylor, but the eras were still big too, especially evermore which really sticks out.

25 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

It’s not really appropriate to call a debut album a slump, it’s you finding your footing. The “slump” is what happens after you establish yourself 

I meant Taylor Swift is 100% the only artist ^^ I wasn't talking about the album (which was big nonetheless)

Speak now, lover, evermore 

But obviously it's only like that if you have to compare it to her level of success and not other artists 

YES ABSOLUTELY SHE HAS A SLUMP. 

evermore is a disgrace in her discog and a true failure of an era!!! :oxygen2: In fact, we should all go stream ha right NOW just to confirm how dirty and ugly of an album she is. Forest pony tail puta B*TCH.

Stream it quite a few times actually all of you!!! Stream it over and over. Especially stream Cowboy Like Me!! She’s so ugly omg she deserves to have y’all mock ha brutality!!!

I hope this works. Come thru evermore for a repeak on billboard :monkey:

Edited by youreyesgocold
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

I meant Taylor Swift is 100% the only artist ^^ I wasn't talking about the album (which was big nonetheless)

oh that makes more sense :dies: my mistake! 

• Like 1

Shakira, Rihanna, Beyonce and Ariana have also yet to have a slump. But yeah, Taylor is one of the few and also is one of the most successful and massive of those girls 

At one time it was lover 

22 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

DW isn’t a slump it would be positions 

Well, she had slumps when you compare them to her own albums. If you compare it to the other artist's albums, then they're not really slumps. And her discography has just so much staying power that it ends up having huge numbers nonetheless. 

4 ix 4x platinum and had both RTW/LOT, I dont think Bey has really had a slump tbh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.