Why haven’t A-listers said anything about the Israel-Gaza conflict?

mrpartyrocker

Why isn’t Taylor saying anything? She is currently the biggest celebrity in the world and her tour had a massive impact on economy according to her fanbase? She clearly has a bigger platform than Selena Gomez or Gigi Hadid, yet she chooses to ignore everything!!!!

What about Lady Gaga or Rihanna or Adele or Beyonce who most recently wrapped up the biggest female world tour as of yet according to her stats? 

why do we choose to crucify the people who said something, showed compassion, but we ignore the ones who stay silent and don’t want to spread awareness? 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

Because they’re not politicians. They’re not obligated to say anything. 

Some of you care more about cancelling celebrities than the actual victims of the war :deadbanana4:

• Like 11

Celebrities don't need to comment on everything. There's really no need to raise awareness for an issue everyone knows about and has been in the news non stop for the past few weeks.

Honestly, most celebrities aren't very well informed and just parrot the same opinions as each other. I'd rather they stuck to commenting on issues that personally matter to them because they're more likely to have a better understanding of the ins and outs of those things.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mrpartyrocker said:

why do we choose to crucify the people who said something, showed compassion

Posting a whiny post about how you don't want to say anything isn't saying something or showing compassion sorry.

• Like 2

Judging by just how terrible some celeb takes have been (Amy Schumer, Selena, etc.), it's maybe for the best.

If they're not going to speak up for the people who are victims of a genocide (the Palestinians), they may as well not speak at all.

• Like 6

Because they’re celebrities trying to do their job, which is to entertain, not political activists. I’m not asking for a statement from Bobo the local circus clown either. No one should care about their uninformed opinions.

I don’t remember ATRL being outraged when celebrities didn’t comment about the Rohingya genocide, or the Uyghur genocide, but of course those never became a cause celebre for the Twitterati to virtue signal about 

It’s also very obvious that most online users are just waiting to attack celebrities whatever opinion they voice, whether they support Israel and Palestine. I’ve seen many celebrities get attacked viciously for giving the most milquetoast statements in the vein of “children dying is bad, we should stop it” 

Edited by Dephira
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Nobody(non-celebrities too) gets to the point of being a billionaire or anywhere close to that without being self-serving. quit acting new :sadviolin:

Edited by Sheep

bc all of them are airheads who don’t know **** about anything + it’s not their job jesus how many times do we have to tell you people that ? :deadbanana:

I think a lot of them don’t like listening to women unless they’re making cute lil bops for them. 

People will hate them anyway so why bother :michael: Every comment section under any post  on Instagram/Tiktok on this topic turns into cesspool. I would be minding my business in my huge  mansion too

Edited by Raptus

Because it's extremely cringe for celebrities to be releasing PR statements about a 100+ year old conflict that the media has just now decided to shine a spotlight on again.

• Thumbs Down 1

A good chunk of A-list celebrities have spoken and/or signed something about it: 

However, yeah, a nice portion of MPG have been silent on the matter. That doesn’t mean they haven’t donated w.e to such causes though

support palestine or don't say anything at all. idgaf about what celebs have to say about real life issues from their saccharine LA bubble echo chambers when they have no knowledge about what they are speaking on 

• Like 1

Because the moment they do, their post will be scrutinized and any flaw will be criticized. And for a lot of celebrities, it just isn't worth it.

• Like 1

Honestly, I have never quite understood why people expect celebrities, particularly female celebrities, to constantly express political opinions.  

Do we really expect Ariana Grande to be well versed on the Sudan civil war?  Or Miley Cyrus to express thoughts on the Indian-Canadian diplomatic situation? 

• Like 1

Stop acting dumb, you know why :rip:

Also can’t understand the obsession with y’all wanting celebrities to comment on situations they have literally nothing to do with over and over again.

They simply don't care, most if not all off them only care about making money :toofunny2:

But the least they could do is not support genocide joe, we'll see :coffee2:

• Thumbs Down 1

i do not care to hear a statement from any of those celebs who are probably not as educated on those topics as our politicians or activists. we’re not entitled to that.

you should re-evaluate your values if you’re busy making a list of celebs who haven’t released a statement instead of focusing on the real issues here.  @mrpartyrocker

They arent politicians, also dont live in those areas and have no connection to the impact or outcome of the situation. 

Edited by Afterglow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.