Lucky meets Paparazzi in a head to head showdown of pop peak first eras  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Better song?

• Lucky
    • Paparazzi
  2. 2. Better MV?

• Lucky
    • Paparazzi

in their 1st/second albums both pop icons featured pop ballads about the struggle with fame which made for great versatility and also gave chance to exercise some vocal flexing

They also had some of their best mvs:

i definitely think paparazzi was inspired by lucky

But, which one do you prefer?

You deserve JAIL for doing this to me :weeps: 

Paparazzi is so good and so iconic. I love everything about it. 
But lucky is so catchy and so personal. Even if you don’t know Britney you understand her pain very well. 

its a 10 against 10 :clap3:

I have to choose Paparazzi because my lastfm shows that but otherwise both fantastic :clap3: 

I used to stan Paparazzi when it came out. I really enjoyed the song, the video and the piano version Gaga was performing was really cool too. I think it has aged a lot and I don't use it anymore. On the other side, I always enjoyed Lucky too but probably less than Paparazzi at the time they got released. Though Lucky is aging really well and I am loving it more and more with the years.

Wait, Britneys live performance is kinda serving:

h5IXZA6.gif

:thing:

Edited by Illuminati

Paparatzi is better but that doesn't mean much

I really love both 😒

Lucky is the better song IMHO. But the video for Paparazzi is more memorable 

Lucky is cute and was such a great, iconic early moment in Britney’s career :heart2: it humanized her a bit more, for those who were detractors. she was on her princess sh*t here, and it’s aged quite well!!

however, Paparazzi is a true pop masterpiece in every way. everything about it is next-level and was instantly timelessly. it’s beautiful, it’s tragic, it’s epic, it’s ambitiously done without seeming tryhard. it was initial proof (alongside Poker Face) that Gaga KNEW she was already a force to be reckoned with. UGH I love that song/MV so much, and every single performance of it during its promo cycle was an EVENT! a true cultural reset, the second of MANY which followed. Paparazzi wins by a landslide here :gaygacat5::heart2:

I love them both but Paparazzi is a pop masterpiece.

i always thought Paparazzi was about being so obsessed with a guy you started stalking him :redface: and not about fame like Lucky is so the comparison doesnt make sense in my head :deadbanana:

Paparazzi but the highlight of the song is the vocal layering so the live version doesn't hit for me lol

Both are products of their time to me. I prefer up-tempos... That being said, Lucky is a one of a kind moment.

I think there's something very impressive about how Britney managed to incorporate angsty themes into catchy, lively pop tunes.

I think Lucky has aged better, both thematically and sonically

I still voted for Paparazzi LOL. I actually think the music video is insane and deserves its flowers

6 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

You deserve JAIL for doing this to me :weeps: 

Paparazzi is so good and so iconic. I love everything about it. 
But lucky is so catchy and so personal. Even if you don’t know Britney you understand her pain very well. 

its a 10 against 10 :clap3:

I have to choose Paparazzi because my lastfm shows that but otherwise both fantastic :clap3: 

100%. Two classics. 

I was a fanatical liddo back then, so in the end I'd choose "Paparazzi" by a hair. 

As much as I love Paparazzi, Lucky is just that girl, the fact Britney released it when she was 18 and it was a mega hit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.