Which Bey era made you a fan/stan?

satellites.™

Which Bey era made you a fan/stan?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which era got your attention to become a fan/stan?

• Destiny's Child [Platinum]
    • The Writing's On The Wall [8x platinum]
    • Survivor [4x platinum]
    • Destiny Fulfilled [3x platinum]
    • Dangerously In Love [6x platinum]
    • B'Day [5x platinum]
    • I Am... Sasha Fierce [6x platinum]
    • 4 [4x platinum]
    • Beyoncé [5x platinum]
    • Lemonade [3x platinum]
    • RENAISSANCE [2x platinum so far...]
    • Other: Dreamgirls, Cadillac Records, 8 Days of Christmas, This Is The Remix, The Lion King: The Gift, Everything Is Love

I became obsessed with her after seeing the performance where comes down from the ceiling to sing Baby Boy back in 2008, but I guess that would've been the Sasha FIerce era at the time.

Edited by Mocha

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soda Pop Queen

• JaXXXon

• bijonse

• Vixen Eyes

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The first Beyoncé Album I bought was 4.  It is a great gateway drug into her discography.  

21 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

Yeah but she was still "just" a pop girl until 2013 when she became much more. She was suddenly a Goddess almost. You can't deny that. 

in the public's eyes or the critic's eyes? Seemed like she had already reached mass adulation and respect from the public prior to 2013. The conversation about her status had been changing for several years by that point. It was all over the 4 era. Ironically, she decided she was "done" with being another "it girl" as far back as 2006/2007. As far as the critical elevation goes, she was more than a decade in so it was time. I say "it was time" because if you notice, prior to 2013 when poptimism started gaining, misogynistic critics would withhold a certain level of respect from popular female acts until they were either x amount of years into their career or a certain age where they could be "taken seriously" as artists and musicians. Unless you were a traditional singer-songwriter type with instrument in tow, then female artists had a critical ceiling. I'm not saying she didn't spectacularly step up to the plate and skirt expectations, just like some of her predecessors did at that fork in the road, but her age at that point definitely played a part in "critics", mainly rockists, starting to respect her.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

well I remeber hearing (and loving) her music all over the radio as a kid in the 2000s, so i've always technically been a fan

but i really became a stan/ hardcore following her since ST 

25 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

Kinda explains why her sales never reached IASF heights anymore because she became much less commercial but gained newer, more acquired-taste fans. Perhaps her new style didn't work for you like it didn't work for millions of others :michael:

it was also around the time i started listening to metal more. especially in 2015/2016 i started getting completely bored of pop music aside from Kesha. my friend in middle school got me into My Chemical Romance and Marilyn Manson and its been a deeper hole since then.

*with the Feb 2020 accusations and lawsuits against MM i stopped consuming his stuff*

I bought TWOTW from one of those penny magazines in the 90s. Wore it out. Shaped my childhood. 
LOVED the naughty girl/baby boy era

Irreplaceable was a STAPLE in my life 

IA…SF was a staple 

I checked out until ST

i rediscovered 4 later in life and loved it 

hated lemonade and only liked a handful of songs off ren 

Since Bill's Bills Bills was released in 1998 ish

• Like 1

I was never huge into Bey but I really liked 4. When ST came out, I was loving the new direction and getting into her more. Lemonade was not it for me, loved it upon release but had zero replay value. RENAISSANCE is flawless IMO. Oh and I actually really got into BIK, visuals and music. Some of her best.

Survivor was the first Bey album we had in the house, so I voted that. I remember being glued to my TV whenever the DIL videos would come on. B'Day was the first Bey album I physically purchased myself when I was 8 and I attended the accompanying tour. Day 1. :gaycat1:

Growing up I never really noticed Bey/Destiny’s Child until Say My Name. And then when Survivor was released I was full on stan. I played that CD out. 

when Baby Boy was released to be honest. IASF then was such a serve, especially the ballads and her vocals (Satellites stan here). 
Self Titled then was the icing on the cake, truly a legendary album

Not including DC material, but I was a fan, especially Bug A Boo and Jumpin' x2

Edited by skizzo

The Writing's on the Wall. I was a hardcore Destiny's Child fan that transitioned into a hardcore Beyoncé fan. Still am.

• Like 1

It really started with the Check On It video on TRL. I thought she was the most beautiful artist/celebrity to exist when that dropped (already knowing full well who she was, but I wasn’t an avid follower of music/pop culture until I started watching MTV/VH1 in middle school) Then came B’Day and all the fun videos where my stan card was solidified. The Ring The Alarm performance at the VMAs in particular is such a core memory for me, I was not only mesmerized by her beauty, but obsessed by her stage presence. 

Im from Southamerica and i remember watching the Irreplaceable video on TV and Youtube back in 2007 :giraffe:

thats how i fell in love with her. She was so perfect and classy

Edited by AvadaKedavra

I’ve been a fan since Jumpin, Jumpin but Renaissance was the first era I truly went in on stan mode. 

I was only ever a beyonce fan during IASF era!  but then kinda stopped because I didn't love any of her other albums the same! I did like self title though 

I was a big fan of DC and Solo Bey during DiL, but went full stan mode after seeing The Beyonce Experience when BET aired it in like 2007.  I had never seen anyone perform like that... the vocals, the dance, the stage presence.  I was used to seeing artists have issues performing only 1 song live, but to see her keep her stamina for 1.5 hours ish, she became super human to me that day lol.

I knew all of her hits, but the first time I was actually blown away was Self Titled. I remember being GAGGED by the release of all the videos. That's when I started really paying attention to her, watching her performances on Youtube and wanting to attend her tours. Lemonade was the nail in the coffin. Still not the biggest fan of her work prior to 4, but 4 onwards is just very strong album after very strong album. 

Pretty much been a fan since Destiny's Child, but I was mostly a casual fan of pop culture in music in general at that time, I loved collecting CDs and what not.

It wasn't until early 10s when I got into stan culture like that and after ST I became obsessed with her and she's been my number 1 ever since. 

I grew up with her and always knew all her singles and a few album cuts but I got obsessed around the 4 era. I think when I discovered social media I officially started stanning her lol there was a whole community of people that love her

Edited by bijonse

I think I've always been a casual listener / fan as long as I can remember (mainly the singles and from DC)

But ST made me a ''stan'' I guess. I stand by that album is one of the best of the century. No Angel, Haunted, Mine, Jealous are really some of my favourite tracks ever. Also her VMA medley for ST was insane. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.