Democrat president nominee Marianne Williamson releases statement on Israel-Palestine

Bloodflowers.

On 10/30/2023 at 7:02 PM, Miss Show Business said:

I would trust most elected officials much better than I would trust someone who has no experience in politics. The more experience, the better. Elected officials usually get briefed on the latest goings-on in the world, especially as you go higher up the ladder of power. To me, it's the same issue as with Trump; obviously her policy stances are no where near similar, but I opposed Trump hugely for the fact that he had zero experience, in addition to his awful policy positions.

The elected officials with the most experience and credentials are the ones who have made the most destructive decisions and left the world a less safe place. Your YASS QUEEN Hillary Clinton is direct proof of this.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, Harrier said:

the tankie left 

Quickly -  what is Israel planning to drive into the borders of Gaza?:celestial5:

I don't know anything about her but salute to her for dragging Bibi's hateful ass and calling for a ceasefire and 2 state solution

12 minutes ago, Communion said:

Quickly -  what is Israel planning to drive into the borders of Gaza?:celestial5:

Tanks because the IDF are disgusting fascists :heart: you can try to slander me as an Israel apologist all you like, but I'm not and neither is Ms Williamson.

She, unlike you, lives in reality and doesn't bend over backwards to frame Hamas' brutal violence against civillians as 'sad, but necessary resistance' as if that is not the exact same way that Israel frames their disgusting massacres of Palestinian children. Add to her members of the progressive left in congress and you have a solid faction of people standing up for what's right without jumping the shark into terrorism apologia.

Must be disheartening to know that your abhorrent, violent, radicalist worldview has absolutely no support in any mainstream corner of Western society. And thank god it doesn't :heart:

7 minutes ago, Harrier said:

Tanks because the IDF are disgusting fascists 

So you agree your suggestion that someone who "approves of authoritarian violence, including ground military invasion" would make no sense as a label to those who support Palestine, but more-so apply to those like yourself who have been IDPOL'd out into believing a Zionist Israeli ethno-state has a right to forever occupy and subjugate an indigenous population

"The Palestinian people don't want to live in a concentration camp."

"I DON'T CARE! ISRAEL MUST BE FOREVER!!! ROLL THE TANKS INTO GAZA CITY!!!"

Sad that such instances show you actually just mean "tankie" to mean "brown people I don't like" since there's no clearer analogy than here of USSR = Israel / Hungary = Palestine. But "Western Judeo-Christian values!!!" or something. :biblio:

Can't take the Aussie out of Australia, can you! 

Edited by Communion

Also:

8 minutes ago, Harrier said:

of Western society

what-do-you-mean-by-that-druski.gif

A little too mask off, sister!!! You're not supposed to say the quiet part out loud!

23 minutes ago, Communion said:

So you agree your suggestion that someone who "approves of authoritarian violence, including ground military invasion" would make no sense as a label to those who support Palestine, but more-so apply to those like yourself who have been IDPOL'd out into believing a Zionist Israeli ethno-state has a right to forever occupy and subjugate an indigenous population

"The Palestinian people don't want to live in a concentration camp."

"I DON'T CARE! ISRAEL MUST BE FOREVER!!! ROLL THE TANKS INTO GAZA CITY!!!"

Sad that such instances show you actually just mean "tankie" to mean "brown people I don't like" since there's no clearer analogy than here of USSR = Israel / Hungary = Palestine. But "Western Judeo-Christian values!!!" or something. :biblio:

Can't take the Aussie out of Australia, can you! 

I see you're very upset by the use of the word tankie, sistergirl - what would you prefer? Communist? Far left? Radical? I use the word only as a stand in for far leftists that love violence, such as yourself, and not really with any historical parrallels in mind.

I won't bother responding to any of your other inane points, as your strategy is, as always, to highlight some small part of a post, and attempt to put words into the poster's mouth or frame them as something they aren't. It seems arguing agaisnt my actual position - which is that we should reject any ideology that justifies the brutal murder of civiliians, regardless of psuedoacedemic American college campus framing - is too difficult. Better to just pretend I think israel's ground invasion is good and call me a racist Aussie than contend with the violence inherent in your own worldview, right?

Go back to the other thread and keep posting endlessly about how murdering civillians is only bad when it's done by Westerners or whatever

1 hour ago, Harrier said:

I see you're very upset by the use of the word tankie

Upset? I, as an Hungarian American, am pointing out historical illiteracy and the frightening implications of your post, in solidarity with Palestinians. Why should I allow you to use history for white supremacy?

The implication that "brown" - or as you say, "non-Western" - nations are inherently authoritarian and Western nations inherently democratic is shocking, especially when you make a blunder of a comparison to use a term like "tankie" that either means 1) you don't know what the word means or 2) you hate Palestinians.

Why do you think it was the Hungarian *REVOLUTION*? It was literally an armed uprising with Soviets in Hungary killed for being symbols of Soviet over-reach. Photos of dead pro-Soviet government workers, killed by angry mobs, literally hang in honor in museums across America dedicated to documenting what the US deemed a worthwhile uprising.

And "tankie" is meant to to disparage those who supported the Soviet Union being willing to use violence to re-assert its influence. So if you use that term, it's assumed you supported the Hungarian revolution.

So why does Hungary get a revolution... but not Palestine? Why is Palestinian revolution bad?

If anything.....the Palestinian revolution is more justified. Soviet control over Hungary was cultural and in the abstract of military allies. Soviets were not ethnically cleansing Hungarians. How can killing hundreds be justified for market reforms but not for ending apartheid and genocide?

Maybe you don't know what words mean, because you use a term that represents those at odds with a violent uprising towards an asymmetrical power who caused a huge global diaspora.. while you remain at odds with a violent uprising towards an asymmetrical power who is causing a huge global diaspora.

By defending Israel's existence, you are a tankie. You are supporting an authoritarian nation, underscored by the assertion that you feel kinship because Israel is "Western". You clearly love violence. It just has to be aimed at the "right" targets for you to cheer on the Western world in designating them as "the enemy". :biblio:

Edited by Communion

The fact that the DNC WARNED her to stop campagining is a good thing. My vote in the primary will not be wasted on her.

“The Vietcong should have stayed in their villages and allowed themselves to get burned by the Americans’ napalm.” -American liberals, probably

5 hours ago, differentkindahigh said:

The fact that the DNC WARNED her to stop campagining is a good thing. My vote in the primary will not be wasted on her.

What primary? The one where the DNC already decided the victor and where we don’t get a real choice? I mean, that also describes literally every primary ever, but particularly this one, with no debates and no alternatives to our disastrous President.

• Like 1

Just now, Cruel Summer said:

What primary? The one where the DNC already decided the victor and where we don’t get a real choice? I mean, that also describes literally every primary ever, but particularly this one, with no debates and no alternatives to our disastrous President.

The DNC may have said there won't be a choice, even if they do rig it every time, even more clearly this time, as far as I know there are still going to be people voting.

Marianne said she is currently on the Ballot in New Hampsire, Biden isnt.

4 minutes ago, differentkindahigh said:

The DNC may have said there won't be a choice, even if they do rig it every time, even more clearly this time, as far as I know there are still going to be people voting.

Marianne said she is currently on the Ballot in New Hampsire, Biden isnt.

Yeah, and the DNC have said that they’re going to nullify New Hampshire’s results and not let them have any delegates because they’re “disrespecting the black voters of South Carolina” that Biden wants to reward for supporting the establishment over Bernie Sanders in 2020

16 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Yeah, and the DNC have said that they’re going to nullify New Hampshire’s results and not let them have any delegates because they’re “disrespecting the black voters of South Carolina” that Biden wants to reward for supporting the establishment over Bernie Sanders in 2020

Not going to get into racial voting demographics & numbers to get called racist on an online forum by just going over simple numbers. However, the black voters always do give the establishment the power it needs to win. Every. Single. Time. 

Why even vote then if it's rigged everytime. Ill still be donating, even if it's fruitless. I have some hope.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 6:02 PM, Miss Show Business said:

I would trust most elected officials much better than I would trust someone who has no experience in politics. The more experience, the better. Elected officials usually get briefed on the latest goings-on in the world, especially as you go higher up the ladder of power. To me, it's the same issue as with Trump; obviously her policy stances are no where near similar, but I opposed Trump hugely for the fact that he had zero experience, in addition to his awful policy positions.

So your problem with Trump is not his policies, or conduct, but that he is inexperienced? Make it make sense.

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.