Puck News: Taylor Swift will NOT report any 'The Eras Tour' boxscore numbers

Feanor

taylor-swift-eras-tour-081023-3-3411bb8115944906a22fa9d1b7239d13.jpg

Taylor Swift, the pop star and American football fan, is giving the Heisman to Pollstar and Billboard Boxscore, the two major outlets that compile concert grosses. They’ve just been informed that she will not be providing data for the entirety of The Eras Tour, per sources familiar. That shouldn’t be a total shock. Swift hasn’t reported grosses so far, but artists often withhold data until the end of a tour, then dump it on the reporting outlets as a flex. Many expected Swift to do just that, especially since Eras is expected to shatter records. As of now, though, that won’t happen—even if the outlets are still holding out hope that she will change her mind. It’ll be the first time a Top 5 touring artist hasn’t provided any numbers in at least 15 years, according to two touring sources.

Tree Paine, Swift’s PR rep, didn’t respond to my email, but I’m betting the reason is that the Eras numbers are much bigger than Pollstar has estimated. [… ]And that $1.5 billion prediction is if Swift doesn’t add more shows, as she is expected to do.

As perhaps the greatest marketer in the history of the music business, Swift understandably tends to shy away from media attention about her wealth.  There aren’t any posts about her new billionaire status, of course; and her rep wanted nothing to do with the story after I reported a couple months ago about the favorable split that AMC Theaters C.E.O. Adam Aron had given her on The Eras Tour movie.

Puck News

3lMq.gif

Edited by Feanor

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klein

• Solaria

• Blue Rose

• By the Water

You'd expect that numbers would not be made public if they're low. If they are indeed hiding them because of how insane they are, and that estimates are already talking about 1.5B, I wonder how much her tour is actually grossing. :ahh:

She said "i'm not gonna give the gays everything they want". 

• Haha 1

I’m literally curious on what’s the thought process on hiding it. Like, what’s the rationale? What are they trying to achieve? Are they trying to evade taxes? Is it too low? Is it too high? Did Bey asked her to keep it a secret so she can keep the record for a year? whyyyyyyyyyy????

I won’t be sleeping tonight, it seems. :chick3:

Well, Beyoncé, congratulations on having the officially documented highest grossing female tour :clap3:

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, chiliam said:

Seriously, if this was true, i would unstan her real quick, how dare she.

Its not her achievement only, its a team work, its us fans achiement also. This is like a slap to every fans attend the tour. 

I beg you Taylor, change your mind. Release those damn boxscore. 

girl.... :deadbanana: 

It’s a little manipulative to break industry norms on reporting your stats so you can hide your wealth from your fans to feel more relatable to them :rip:

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.