Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

rehceeb

1 minute ago, Soul Glitch said:

That person is clearly a pressed hater. Don't give them attention.

i thought it was one of those 5 posts dupes but when i saw the post count i had to react :toofunny3: mb.

on a positive note, the dark red looks great on her. during the bbc interview, with the leather coat woof :flame: 

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• KatyPrismSpirit

• katara

• unclefloprry

1 minute ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Usually Dua's first week streaming are not her peaks

A bit pointless to judge already 

Well Dua is a powerhouse now so i wouldn't be surprised if i see 1st week big numbers 

5 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Usually Dua's first week streaming are not her peaks

A bit pointless to judge already 

The ones talking about first week are trying to set her up or haven't been her fans for long. Because we know

1 hour ago, shark_heather said:

OOOMMMGGG you guys i wonder in which world are you living 

This is not 2012 where music videos were huge and they were investing half of their campaign on music videos and live performances ( see Katy Perry ) 

Now all that matters is radio , Spotify,  AM and TikTok 

The video is perfect for tiktokers and influencers ( dancers and not ) to copy paste and to make it huge 

If there were fireballs and dragons Dua cutting a person in half in a box nobody ( serious ) would do that stuff :rip:

Okay but that’s not what your original argument was at all though :rip: idgaf about what “matters” or any of the above things you listed. I give a **** about quality art and musicianship - not to say something can’t be that and also low budget, but a high budget pop spectacle music video is always exciting.

disappointment of the century.....

where's the development since NF? hope to see more of that on the actual album.

Edited by Don
  • Thumbs Down 6

the background instrument (bass or percussion or something like that?) in the first verse HITS HARD :WAP: and the 2:16 till outro is PURE EUPHORIA like the first time i heard As It Was

Edited by truthteller

1 minute ago, Geraldine said:

the mid song, the mid video... what is she doing? too much vacation?

The song mid??? Nah, the video though… it’s evident that Houdini wasn’t supposed to be the lead 

• Like 1

I love Dua and im rooting for her cause she's amazing but i dont like Houdini. Too repetitive. The houdini hook is annoying. The instrumental is really weird
I knew it. I had a bad feeling when they spilled how Tame Impala was producing this.  His music is amazing but He's not a good pop producer
The video is also too simplistic-too low budget.  Im a maximalist.

I would give a more positive opinion but that would be lying. Im not vibing with this :lakitu:
If this turns into a Monster Hit it would be shocking to me.
Maybe im the minority cause looks like everyone loves it. 

Even with my dislike i hope it turn into a SMASH.
She's ambitious and a hard worker. She deserves the sky and to be on top foreva. Xo :giraffe:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Just now, AvadaKedavra said:

I love Dua and im rooting for her cause she's amazing but i dont like Houdini. Too repetitive. The houdini hook is annoying. The instrumental is really weird
I knew it. I had a bad feeling when they spilled how Tame Impala was producing this.  His music is amazing but He's not a good pop producer
The video is also too simplistic-too low budget. 

I would give a more positive opinion but that would be lying. Im not vibing with this :lakitu:
If this turns into a Monster Hit it would be shocking to me.
Maybe in the minority cause looks like everyone loves it. 
Even with all of that i hope it turn into that. She's ambitious and a hard worker. She deserves the sky and to be on top foreva. Xo :giraffe:

Well, she said that the album doesn’t sound like Houdini so maybe she’ll move a bit away from the generic pop soundscape and try out more genrebending, I’d welcome it for a change 

3 minutes ago, lapisnour said:

Well, she said that the album doesn’t sound like Houdini so maybe she’ll move a bit away from the generic pop soundscape and try out more genrebending, I’d welcome it for a change 

Oh yes. We can appreciate how she's trying new things. So many artists today are stuck in the same sound....i could put some names but lemme stay silent
Dua Lipa coming with another Disco pop album would be boring and generic-predictable even if we love those bangerz. Real artists evolve. 
Hope the next songs are stronger. This one feels to me more like an Intro to the era :chick1: Smashes are coming

Lemme raise houdini score from 6 to 8 for reinvention :ryan3:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

this tired disco infused dance pop again :ryan:

is she saving the psychedelic stuff for the album?

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 6

Ugh I love the music video so much!

24 minutes ago, _Fey said:

:gaycat7:

When it started I thought it was the bridge. That low synth needs to be the hook throughout the damn song!

6 minutes ago, jqnetto said:

this tired disco infused dance pop again :ryan:

is she saving the psychedelic stuff for the album?

She’s probably picking the song that sounds like what’s worked for her in the past as the lead to be safe don’t worry 

• Like 1

This is nothing we haven’t heard from her already  but it’s so catchy 

I love it and I’m excited 

let’s see if it can top FN

Edited by mypaintoyou

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.