Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

rehceeb

Am I the only one living for her whispering the chorus in the background? :jonny6:

LAYERS!

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• KatyPrismSpirit

• katara

• unclefloprry

14 minutes ago, popmusic said:

Early reports shows that Europe loves Houdini and Dua is on course to get her biggest debut ever (now BMH with 4.277m chart streams as far as I know). Now everything depends on America, so we need to wait 3 - 4 hours.

Keep us updated King :duca:

Given the Argylle ad plays literally every time before the video plays I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a deal in place but she deserves it i fear :michael:

praying this song isnt related to argylle in any way shape form etc.

22 minutes ago, popmusic said:

Early reports shows that Europe loves Houdini and Dua is on course to get her biggest debut ever (now BMH with 4.277m chart streams as far as I know). Now everything depends on America, so we need to wait 3 - 4 hours.

BMH is not her biggest debut?

It's actually nice, I got hooked on the first listen. Never really got into her songs instantly until this one, this is instant!

2 minutes ago, Naikuun said:

BMH is not her biggest debut?

its not

Prisoner remains her biggest but she will def beat it with Houdini

Houdini will build some airplay this month to keep it floating during Xmas freeze and in January it will explode 

She should plan like a massive New Years Eve first performance of the song 

The MV looks like they recorded Dua rehearsing the choreography for the actual MV.

• Haha 1

This is not as instant as DSN or Physical but it makes me excited about the sonic direction of the album

37 minutes ago, popmusic said:

If she does less than 5M :rip: 

23 minutes ago, houdini said:

its not

Prisoner remains her biggest but she will def beat it with Houdini

Im talking about full 24 hours. 

• Like 2

The instrumental and the beat are sick. It's catchy. The melody is cute too. The weaknesses are the chorus (not very distinctive from the rest imo) and the lack of a bridge but it's a good song, I enjoy it.

The video is nothing special and does not suit the song. Dua is doing some efforts but she isn't a good dancer.

i think first 24 hours will be 13M. I’m calling it 

:clack:

Edited by houdini

6 minutes ago, houdini said:

i think first 24 hours will be 13M. I’m calling it 

:clack:

10M are locked:bird:

She understood the assignment.

I'm shocked (but not mad) she's still making throwback disco music, but it works for her. She's clearly excited about her music (unlike some of the other girlies) and wants to be better. I'm Excited to hear what she's gonna serve this era.

It's a hit! I love that it's still disco but not the kinda disco Future Nostalgia was. Excited for the rest of the album :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.