Bodies (2023) | Sci-fi crime mystery limited series | 82% RT | Out now on Netflix

Komet

eMfDtqy.png

Four detectives. Four timelines. One body.

Synopsis: 

Based on the mind-bending graphic novel by Si Spencer, Bodies is a police procedural with a twist. When a body – the same body – is found on Longharvest Lane in London's East End in 1890, 1941, 2023 and 2053, one detective from each period must investigate. As connections are drawn across the decades, the detectives soon discover their investigations are linked, and an enigmatic political leader – Elias Mannix (Stephen Graham) – becomes increasingly central. Did he have a part to play in the murder? Or is something far more sinister at play? To solve the mystery, our four detectives must somehow collaborate and uncover a conspiracy spanning over 150 years.

Country of Origin: 

United Kingdom

Release date: 

October 19th, 2023

Links: 

Netflix | IMDb | RT

Run don't walk yall :jonny5: This one's for my DARK girlies, but also for the girlies who found DARK too complicated. I know nerds might have some problems with the sci-fi parts, but that's only the vehicle for the characters and their personal stories, which are the core of the series imo.  Also there's only 8 eps, I binged it 2 days  

Watching this right now and it's been so long since I was this invested in a series. Definitely reminds me of Dark :jonny5:

Got only two episodes left to watch. So far it's really good: there's enough to figure out yourself and there's plenty of plot-twists.

Spoiler

Only thing that annoys me is how the 2023 police officer has like zero common sense and neither seem to have the people around her. How on earth is she allowed to transport that boy herself when he almost set off a bomb lol

I am confused by it lmao 

Also, the way that couple has me in chokehold :jonny2: The chemistry between those two actors was palpable, I kinda need a spin-off  

Halfway through this, I love it!!! The "hold me" scene :chick3:

Definitely reminiscent of Dark, but way less complicated. It's really entertaining, thrilling and gets you trying to connect the dots. I overall liked it very much.

Of course it has plot holes and a couple of things that could've been fixed or exposed more, but if anyone likes sci-fi, murder mystery and time travel stories, is a must.

Loved the first two episodes, a serve, excellent cast, perched.

im-sat.gif

• 3 weeks later...

This honestly didn't end up to be the slay I think it was, solid start, great cast but I found the second part and ending kind of weak with several plot holes, I wasn't satisfied.

Overall i think it was a good show

Spoiler

I just hope Afred and Henry had a happy ending tho. Do you think they will be with each other even though it didn't show if they would ever meet again?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.