Guyana calls Venezuela's upcoming referendum on Essequibo 'annexation'

Kitty Kat

https://caribbean.loopnews.com/content/guyana-calls-venezuelas-upcoming-referendum-essequibo-annexation

Guyana says Venezuela’s upcoming national referendum on the disputed Essequibo region “amounts to nothing less than the annexation of Guyana’s territory”.

In a statement on Monday, Guyana said the referendum and seizure of Guyanese land “would constitute the international crime of aggression.”

Venezuela’s National Electoral Council approved five questions to be included in the national referendum scheduled for December 3, 2023.

[...]

5. Do you agree with the creation of the state of Guyana Essequibo and the development of an accelerated plan for the integral attention of the current and future population of that territory, which includes, among others, the granting of Venezuelan citizenship and identity cards, in accordance with the Geneva Agreement and International Law, consequently incorporating said state in the map of the Venezuelan territory?

Guyana has taken particular issue with the last question.

The Guyanese Government said it would reject any attempt by Venezuela to undermine its territorial integrity and sovereignty.

“The people of Guyana remain resolute against any threats to the sovereignty and territorial integrity of their country. Neither the Government or the people of one country have the right in international law to seize, annex or take the territory of another country. International law emphatically prohibits this,” Guyana said.

Guyana added that Venezuela’s continued action has the potential “to incite violence and to threaten the peace and security of the State of Guyana and by extension the Caribbean region.”

I know this issue has been going on for a long time. I still need to learn more information about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Venezuela suffering from corruption and total economic collapse? You would think they would have more pressing matters to attend to :rip:

2 minutes ago, Luner45 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Venezuela suffering from corruption and total economic collapse? You would think they would have more pressing matters to attend to :rip:

Well... there's nothing better for a country's economy than getting land for free :lakitu:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luner45 said:

I know this issue has been going on for a long time. I still need to learn more information about it.

One thing has nothing to do with the other :toofunny2: not sure where the correlation is.

3 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Well... there's nothing better for a country's economy than getting land for free :lakitu:

Isn’t that how the Guyana puppets want to get it? Just because the Demon that Chavez was basically handed it to them? 

• Thanks 2

Well, as a Venezuelan, I can say that although Guyana belongs to us, the skibo part has always been in the claim zone, on our map, but Chavez's trash gave it away in the 2000s and now these dictators want it back. However, for me, Guyana can keep it since we as Venezuelans have more important things to worry about but since our misgovernment is what you want is the oil discovered in Guyana... it wants to take over

I just hope that this does not turn into a war, for those lands, we Venezuelans are people of peace, and I imagine that Guyana too... unfortunately we are governed by rats who only seek war

In addition, our economy has improved a lot just this year and our inflation has been + o - controlled , we are recovering... and they are looking for a war WTF? We, the standing citizen, are always the most harmed.

Edited by Nebur
  • Like 1

Huh? Hopefully this doesn't mean war, because Maduro has no money and regional support for that :deadbanana4:

but I think he can always count with Russia and China...things might escalate and get messy real quick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20231124-us-defense-officials-to-visit-guyana-amid-venezuela-row-guyanese-vp

US Department of Defense officials will visit Guyana next week, the South American country's vice president said Thursday, as he pledged that "all options" are on the table in its row with neighboring Venezuela.

Omg not a war in Southamerica. :rip: we are peaceful and only have those within our countries
Hope this leads to Maduro Downfall. The greed of that vile dictator
Sadly i see our Current Colombian president helping maduro cause he's friend with him and he was chavez bestie
As a Colombian im worried :gaycat6: this could also bring a bigger humanitarian crisis and there's already so many venezuelans sufferin here

Edited by AvadaKedavra

Venezuela is suiting up to be the country that dies embarrassingly as the caribbean coalesce against them. No one is interested in a Spanish Russia.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.