is it finally time to admit Taylor has surpassed Madonna?

DTF

Atrl decides  

475 members have voted

1. 1. Yes

• No
    • Yes
    • Abstain

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thequeenofpopmadonna

• GlamSlam

• JaXXXon

• WildHeart

9 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I’m not saying you guys should view it in the same lens as me but I definitely don’t think it should be as vilified as it’s becoming rn 

Honestly, I think that Swifties will find a way to excuse poor Swiftie behavior. That's what all fanbases tend to do.

Switching the poll around isn't a joke. It's an obvious attempt at rewriting the narrative because the poll didn't go the way the OP wanted. It doesn't matter if the poll is about Madonna or your favorite pizza topping. It's disrespectful to the users of this forum.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

20 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Honestly, I think that Swifties will find a way to excuse poor Swiftie behavior. That's what all fanbases tend to do.

Switching the poll around isn't a joke. It's an obvious attempt at rewriting the narrative because the poll didn't go the way the OP wanted. It doesn't matter if the poll is about Madonna or your favorite pizza topping. It's disrespectful to the users of this forum.

It’s not about “excusing poor Swiftie behavior” it’s just that I really don’t think this is serious.

It could’ve been a poll asking if Katy has more influence than Gaga or if Britney has more talent than Rihanna and no matter what it would be comical to see the option that was losing by a vast majority suddenly get flipped around and become the winning option.

I can’t force anybody to laugh at this kind of scenario the way I am but I can point out that you guys are kind of making a mountain out of a molehill.

Switching the poll around -IS- a joke and it doesn’t rewrite the narrative considering anyone could read the replies and tell that most people here believe Madonna will not ever be surpassed. But if it matters this much to you don’t let me tell you what your priorities are :gaycat6: 

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, byzantium said:

This same user has been mass disliking my posts because I disliked one of theirs once so they are probably the type to just ignore. 

Lmao I knew something was up when they randomly downvoted me in a Taylor thread (first of all, why enter a Taylor thread if you dislike her so much?), which I assume is because I disliked a post or two of theirs in this thread. It’s giving lame OTH behavior. :coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, The7thStranger said:

Exactly. There's not much point in creating a poll (or voting on them) if the OP is going to twist the votes to suit their preference, it's disrespectful and rude and there should be a rule against it (if there isn't already).

34 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Lmao I knew something was up when they randomly downvoted me in a Taylor thread (first of all, why enter a Taylor thread if you dislike her so much?), which I assume is because I disliked a post or two of theirs in this thread. It’s giving lame OTH behavior. :coffee2:

Another one playing the victim, when in reality it was you who's been voting down a LOT of my comments before I even read yours. The jokes really do write themselves. lol

Edited by GlamSlam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

Another one playing the victim, when in reality it was you who's been voting down a LOT of my comments before I even read yours. The jokes really do write themselves. lol

The victim of what? Downvotes on a pop culture forum? :skull: I’m just pointing out what you literally did and how I thought it was funny, that’s all. Continue to downvote me if it makes you feel better.

Also, it was just two of your comments in this thread…because it was the one I was reading at the time. :toofunny2: I had no agenda against you or anyone else I downvoted or upvoted in this thread. I feel like the bigger joke is following members around the forum (even to threads specific to their fave that you’ve made it known you dislike!) because you got butthurt someone disagreed with your comments in another thread. 

@DTF Sis, you must know people will bring this up every time you post in a thread from now on. You might as well wait until registration opens up again and start all over. This DTF account of yours is done. :coffee::rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, 1989 said:

The victim of what? Downvotes on a pop culture forum? :skull: I’m just pointing out what you literally did and how I thought it was funny, that’s all. Continue to downvote me if it makes you feel better.

Also, it was just two of your comments in this thread…because it was the one I was reading at the time. :toofunny2: I had no agenda against you or anyone else I downvoted or upvoted in this thread. I feel like the bigger joke is following members around the forum (even to threads specific to their fave that you’ve made it known you dislike!) because you got butthurt someone disagreed with your comments in another thread. 

So what are you whining for? 

Apparently, you don't have an issue with being downvoted and yet you came in to make a point of it. I haven't mentioned you (or anyone else) downvoting me until another Swifitie started accusing me of downvoting them. I had no issue with you or TS, in fact, I was even following you a few weeks ago (up to now), so you can't even say I'm a OTH.

Madonna's fanbase were all for our Queen passing the torch to Taylor, until her fans started coming for Madonna, and that's the truth.

Edited by GlamSlam
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 8:20 PM, LittleStarmen said:

Taylor will be forgotten by the next 5 years and will be more akin to the spice girls. a big phenomemon that society has moved on

I agree. The Swifties are delusional. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 10/29/2023 at 9:23 AM, Mystic Boy said:

Swifties,is everything good at home?

Baiting and provoking every damn fanbase ? :rip:

What kind of hysteria is this?

Even is she sells 1 trillion albums she's not ever touching the Madonna,MJ and The Beatles level, wake the **** up and nurture your atrophied redneck brains with music culture :ace:

With 16M inflated album units from Chinese sales and digital downloads Taylor has yet to hit the 50% of The Beatles overall units. Maybe after finishing all of her re-recordings and with one or two new studio albums she'll hit the 50%. 

As for America, Taylor has just recently passed Madonna but not World-Wide.  

Edited by Aristotle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2023 at 2:30 AM, RobynYoBank said:

A few years from now Taylor will surpass MJ and The Beatles and people will still be trying it with Madonna and Britney Spears :rofl:

Few years? 

The Beatles - 420M

Taylor - 165M albums (without 1989 TV) :doc:

Maybe in 20 years?

I think only The Beatles and Michael Jackson are above her. For now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

2 hours ago, Red Light said:

2023 Swifties remind me so much of 2010 monsters :gaycat7:

Undoubtedly the 2 most delusional fanbases in history

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Lmfao the poll switched. 

Close this thread this is pathetic. 

• Thanks 3

Manipulation, desperation, trolling, inflation, and Delusion are all dear friends with pressed swifties.

I think she's happy about and supportive of that.

That's all I can sum it up.

:bam:

Edited by thequeenofpopmadonna
  • Thanks 1

How is this topic still opened lmao.

The way Madonna is trolled with no issue here should be studied :rip:

• Like 2

The manager is probably the fellow swiftie???

Other than that, it's unacceptable.

It's not managed fairly.

I've never seen any other site trolling and manipulation  by some kind of a crazy trolling stan not banned or closed or properly punished.

:coffee2:

• Like 1

You cannot "surpass" someone who literally invented the path you are walking on.

M will remain the blueprint until the day she dies. Until then, she'll always be at the very top.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

Sadly I think people are yet to understand impact goes bigger than commercial numbers. Let me give you an example for MJ here while surely is the biggest selling solo act ever but that's not even what makes him great. The guy's music cross every boundary possible, whites - asians - blacks everyone loved him he had no demography the world was his demography no matter how much you sell it's mainly a product of time. This is how MJ is remembered via his music today, this is real impact and legacy. 

This is what Madge did for others, you guys think Taylor just coz she's doing big numbers now means she has surpassed Madonna the one who invented the female game? You guys talk commercial success is all that matters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

People know the truth except for the delusional , desperate, and manipulative cheap swifties.

They are not local like them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

How is this topic still opened lmao.

The way Madonna is trolled with no issue here should be studied :rip:

If Madonna's fans had done the same, the thread would've been closed and OP would've been slapped with a ban.

• Like 9

Why can’t Swifties wait until she at least comes close to Madonna’s units before making these threads.

She’s still like 70M behind, so annoying. 

The poll options change :skull: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

If Madonna's fans had done the same, the thread would've been closed and OP would've been slapped with a ban.

my sentiment exactly. Madonna fans always given disadvantages. How typical

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

at the age of 34 madonna released erotica, sex book, being public enemy nr1, selling millions, going on world tour, pushing all possibe bounderies.

at the age of 34, taylor was singing karma is my boyfriend, karma is my cat, like songs for "special" people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 2