is it finally time to admit Taylor has surpassed Madonna?

DTF

Atrl decides  

475 members have voted

1. 1. Yes

• No
    • Yes
    • Abstain

On 10/31/2023 at 6:18 AM, Miss Americana said:

I'm not going to watch any YouTube video quoting dubious facts while you are out here calling Billboard "fans with an agenda".

BB artist of the year is not an award grandpa, it is a Year End Top Artists chart that lists artists based on their chart performance.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2009/top-artists/

Not in a rude way, but I love educating the elderly :WAP:

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thequeenofpopmadonna

• GlamSlam

• JaXXXon

• WildHeart

Taylor plays it way too safe to be compared to Madonna.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2023 at 8:44 AM, Trent W said:

Taylor is way more dominant right now than Madonna ever was in her time

Biggest tour all time, taylor is outselling everyone 5x more, her debut weeks are outselling albums.

You can’t really compare albums vs streaming (even tho Taylor is by far the biggest in both)

But is really obvious that Taylor has found more commercial success

Her longevity is also absolutely insane.

For example Madonna was not as big in the 00s as Taylor is in the 2020s. Both in their 3rd decade

LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, XtunaStan said:

actually @DTF ain't slick swapping the YES and NO options in the poll. :dies:

I think I actually voted "yes" by accident.

:dies:

15 hours ago, XtunaStan said:

actually @DTF ain't slick swapping the YES and NO options in the poll:dies:

I just noticed and WTF.

Surely the OP switching the options is poor sportsmanship and against the rules.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

HELP NOT THE OP SWITCHING THE OPTIONS LMAOOOO

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, HEAVYONIT said:

That's actually insane that most people in here have voted "yes". Just because Taylor has earned bigger numbers doesn't mean she will leave a giant legacy, it is wayyyy too early to determine that. Madonna's career has spanned 4 decades, Taylor's barely 2. 

Boo the OP edited the options. The 62% used to be 65% No. Lmao

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Namie-Knowles said:

HELP NOT THE OP SWITCHING THE OPTIONS LMAOOOO

in that case this topic should be closed. lemme report this

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I’d say this statement is a perfect summary:

All of the people who believe Taylor is capable of surpassing Madonna have admitted or will admit to it. 

All of the people who don’t believe Taylor is capable of surpassing Madonna will never admit to it, so this question falls on deaf ears. 

Asking “is it time to admit Madonna has been surpassed?” to a group of people who don’t see a world in which she ever could be surpassed is a waste of your time and theirs.

Instead of asking this, engage in discussions with the people who do believe accordingly and find out -what- Taylor has done to lead them to that belief. :) 

• Thumbs Down 2

Why is it an option to change the votes in the OP.

So sad.

It is obvious the answer is NO.

And the kids in the Taylor orbit need to realize that the 12 years they lived in this earth are an infimous portion of time... and streaming is not comparable to sales.

Madonna has been selling out tours since 1985, performed in front of tens of millions of people, and grossed multiple billions in the meantime.

Sold over 200M albums and the cultural impact is nowhere even near between them.

Stop the delusion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

in that case this topic should be closed. lemme report this

I reported it too and suggest others do the same.

1 hour ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I’d say this statement is a perfect summary:

All of the people who believe Taylor is capable of surpassing Madonna have admitted or will admit to it. 

All of the people who don’t believe Taylor is capable of surpassing Madonna will never admit to it, so this question falls on deaf ears. 

Asking “is it time to admit Madonna has been surpassed?” to a group of people who don’t see a world in which she ever could be surpassed is a waste of your time and theirs.

Instead of asking this, engage in discussions with the people who do believe accordingly and find out -what- Taylor has done to lead them to that belief. :) 

@GlamSlam sorry but what exactly was worth disliking here? I’m not implying people should believe Madonna has been surpassed because I don’t think anyone should be forced into believing a subjective take like that. There are people who do believe and people who don’t. That’s all I’m saying.

9 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

@GlamSlam sorry but what exactly was worth disliking here? I’m not implying people should believe Madonna has been surpassed because I don’t think anyone should be forced into believing a subjective take like that. There are people who do believe and people who don’t. That’s all I’m saying.

This same user has been mass disliking my posts because I disliked one of theirs once so they are probably the type to just ignore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, byzantium said:

This same user has been mass disliking my posts because I disliked one of theirs once so they are probably the type to just ignore. 

Erm, "Mass disliking" is an exageration on your part. You however have disliked quite a few of mine....hardly just ONE.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, byzantium said:

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I try to approach every single discussion on this forum fairly, without bias. I try to encourage others to do the same when I can but I won’t poke too hard if it seems like a dead end with anyone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I try to approach every single discussion on this forum fairly, without bias. I try to encourage others to do the same when I can but I won’t poke too hard if it seems like a dead end with anyone.

That is fair and reasonable.  I try to do the same.  Just thought I would let you know because there are certainly people

on this forum who are far from reasonable.  

Taylor winning this poll. :ducky: Yesterday, it was Madonna leading by a large margin.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Time to close this thread.

ATRL AGREES TAYLOR SWIFT HAS SURPASSED MADONNA

OH LEGEND TAYLOR SWIFT, THE SUPERIOR MOTHER QUEEN THAT YOU ARE

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

14 minutes ago, SwiftLover said:

Time to close this thread.

ATRL AGREES TAYLOR SWIFT HAS SURPASSED MADONNA

OH LEGEND TAYLOR SWIFT, THE SUPERIOR MOTHER QUEEN THAT YOU ARE

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:lmao: Imagine believing this after the OP switched the votes.