• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Enrique523

• Cruel Summer

• PoisonedIvy

Just now, wastedpotential said:

Surely you can come up with something better. If you're going to fume and troll, at least say something of substance :ryan3:

Quite surprised she didn't go for the "32 versions!!!" drag

:ryan3:

1 minute ago, Carry My Heart said:

That doesn't include pre-orders I assume, since those stood at 900k+ in the US

I think it’s only pure-sales sold after the release of the album. 

1 minute ago, PopA911 said:

so the #1 was a lock with just ONE day of sales? :rip: beyond insanity is the only way I can describe the power this woman holds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pokerfaceboy said:

Madonna.

Madonna and Taylor are both truly in their own leagues :clap3:

• Like 1

If 1989 (Taylor’s Version) debuts atop the Billboard 200, it will mark Swift’s 13th No. 1 album, extending her record for the most among women.

Billboard is playing safe

• Haha 13

Just now, Squall said:

Quite surprised she didn't go for the "32 versions!!!" drag

That is a classic OTH card to pull. I guess she was afraid of us pulling out basic arithmetic and calculating the total sales per version and how they still outsell every other pop girl (even when not considering their sales per version):ryan3:

7 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

So this on top of the roughly 950k pre-orders is already 1.2M pure. At this point there's literally no way this does less than 1.3M (making it her biggest pure week ever), and realistically lands closer to 1.35M or 1.4M pure, on top of 250-350k SEA. I think this is probably shooting for 1.6-1.8M now :ryan3:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

Surely you can come up with something better. If you're going to fume and troll, at least say something of substance :ryan3:

Maybe he should try to answer my question in the previous page, it'd make things more interesting :ryan3:

Edited by Enrique523

1 minute ago, Enrique523 said:

Maybe he should try to answer my question in the previous page, it'd make things more interesting :ryan3:

Good idea

@Margaux, why do you think Taylor has had very small sales weeks if her entire career is fanbase driven? Why wouldn't her fanbase have streamed and bought evermore or Fearless TV like they have everything else? Surely the growth in her fanbase hasn't been that extreme? Or what about folklore sales, why were they still high before?

2 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

So this on top of the roughly 950k pre-orders is already 1.2M pure. At this point there's literally no way this does less than 1.3M (making it her biggest pure week ever), and realistically lands closer to 1.35M or 1.4M pure, on top of 250-350k SEA. I think this is probably shooting for 1.6-1.8M now :ryan3:

Oh Middies you are BONES as long as something hasn't gone horribly wrong and this is actually the preorders plus first day

Just now, Cruel Summer said:

Oh Middies you are BONES as long as something hasn't gone horribly wrong and this is actually the preorders plus first day

if these are the pre-orders I will be jumping off of something alongside Taylor

• Haha 2

I -

When rep TV debuts with +2million units in its first week… we ain’t ready for it :jonny6:

13 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Madonna and Taylor are both truly in their own leagues :clap3:

I agree

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

idk how to interpret the data in this article lol. It needs to be better defined what these 250k+ copies include and don't include. Also they report over 110m US streams and with 76 million US streams first day, I find it hard to believe it's not over 120m US streams across platforms.

1 hour ago, pokerfaceboy said:

I agree

Trust me, you won't find this Swiftie disrespecting Madonna in any way, she's also one of my all time faves.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jpkun said:

idk how to interpret the data in this article lol. It needs to be better defined what these 250k+ copies include and don't include

The 250k copies they're talking about are entirely pure and encompass 1989 TV vinyls, CDs, and digital albums that were sold in the US in its first day. The figure doesn't include the album's pre-order sales.

And people wanna compare her to an artist that can’t even write a song or play any instrument 💀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Now the question remains: will this be the 11th time where HDD under-estimates her in their initial projection and she rises through the week? :lakitu:

15 minutes ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

I -

When rep TV debuts with +2million units in its first week… we ain’t ready for it :jonny6:

I don't think she's gonna go this hard with variants for any other TV tbh, i think 1989 was simply her commercial peak and she wanted to milk it's debut as much as possible.

6 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

I don't think she's gonna go this hard with variants for any other TV tbh, i think 1989 was simply her commercial peak and she wanted to milk it's debut as much as possible.

she needs to drop a video next

3 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

she needs to drop a video next

Yes, the video for Cruel Summer :ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, pokerfaceboy said:

Madonna.

Madonna was surpassed. And that's OK. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.