HDD: "1989 (Taylor's Version)" 1,586,516; beats Midnights, 10 albums top 40

Squall

4 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

Girl stfu. Ain’t nobody trolling but you. I’m about sick of you hoes. The girl is making money, as she should. And if I want to point out the fact she’s doing everything to get the money she wants, then I can. Ain’t nothing wrong with getting money. Get money b****.

Your attempt at trolling was bad, and you should feel bad 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Enrique523

• Cruel Summer

• PoisonedIvy

• ATRL Moderator

This is insane. :deadbanana4:

Dr. Alexander
Just now, Dephira said:

Your attempt at trolling was bad, and you should feel bad 

Chile, I’ll feel bad when you stop cosplaying as the tampon up her ***** 

ANYWAY, she getting that money by any means. Can’t hate it for the b**** :clap3:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

ANYWAY, she getting that money by any means. Can’t hate it for the b**** :clap3:

You are so mad :dies: the fact that you actually thought you ate when you typed those words is so cringeworthy 

Edited by Dephira
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

Girl stfu. Ain’t nobody trolling but you. I’m about sick of you hoes. The girl is making money, as she should. And if I want to point out the fact she’s doing everything to get the money she wants, then I can. Ain’t nothing wrong with getting money. Get money b****.

The anger

1163943025689497700.webp?size=240&qualit

Hope her next re-records and album don't do even more of a number on you sweety

OT: The biggest female artist of all time (x342342423) 

Her power is truly something to behold :giraffe: I can't believe how far she's come from a little country artist to this, it's incredible. 

And still nobody is going to listen to the Misstopher Throwup reinterpretations and Nap Antonoff tracks

• Thumbs Down 3

4 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

40k+592k+1047k+1208k+1287k+1238k+867k+846K+329k+291k+605k+1578k+716k = 10.644M before 1989TV :ryan3:

So much for people saying she sells 1M+ only because her fanbase buy her albums again and again, why didn't they do it for those albums i wonder :ryan3:

41 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

33 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

spacer.png

• Haha 11

1 minute ago, Enrique523 said:

So much for people saying she sells 1M+ only because her fanbase buy her albums again and again, why didn't they do it for those albums i wonder :ryan3:

What a prudent question :ryan3:

I'd love for some OTH to step to the mic and try to answer it :ryan3: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if her next album debuts with 2 Million at this point. 

Oh it will ABSOLUTELY debut with 2M+. TS11 will be her most anticipated album ever, there's no way it'll do below 2M+ if she's able to do that much with a re-recording.

Edited by Enrique523
  • Confused 1

I think part of the astronomical numbers (for all TVs) is that now there is ZERO stigma to being a Taylor fan/listener from the GP

People forget and say that the only backlash Taylor experienced was AFTER 1989 (circa 2016) but even during Shake It Off/Blank Space's releases, it was still uncool to like Taylor who was coming off of the Red era where she too experienced (unfair) backlash and ****-shaming and she was seen as an arrogant and fake Regina George character at the time (hence Katy's tweet years later)

Post-folkmore Taylor has a lot more prestige to her name and she's seen as more likable and down to earth so people are tuning in to the re-releases cause they really missed out on the original eras that they thought they were too "cool" to partake in. Same with the "I only listen to real music" crowd who only noticed Taylor after folkmore

And also, her vocals HAVE improved since the originals so some people will prefer the re-recordings (myself included)

This is basically the Disney Live Action Remakes of the music industry but kinda like the opposite? Just as successful because of the nostalgia and revisiting childhood memories and whatnot but the Disney remakes are reviled for "losing" their soul whereas EVERYONE (except for jealous OTH of course) is celebrating Taylor's Versions because Taylor is simply RECLAIMING her soul, reclaiming her art, reclaiming her voice. There's something universal and commendable about that and she brilliantly marketed it as such. As a great storyteller she sold it as a story, like a wronged princess taking back her lost treasure that was stolen from her by evil sorcerers.

"Screaming, crying, perfect storms. I can make all the tables turn." indeed!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 11

Bots & Farms?
Where are those people now?

isn't she supposed to be over after Lover! (and Me!) bombed?

must be the streaming farms (which spotify doesn't count)

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

What a prudent question :ryan3:

I'd love for some OTH to step to the mic and try to answer it :ryan3: 

I'd love for it to happen too but we both know that's never gonna happen, the anti-Taylor hatred is purely based on irrational arguments so of course they won't even try to answer it :gaycat7:

2 minutes ago, Margaux said:

quality lost

It took you 8 pages to say that? OTH are so disappointing today :!ohno:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Squall said:

It took you 8 pages to say that? OTH are so disappointing today :!ohno:

Right? They're not at the top of their game today :ryan3:

1 hour ago, adylovestaylorandjb said:

Biggest female artist of all time. Its not just one peak but regular consistency over two decade with high peaks. No female artist has that in history. Just crazy

Madonna.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Margaux said:

quality lost

Surely you can come up with something better. If you're going to fume and troll, at least say something of substance :ryan3:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.