'Terrifier 2' director wants to remake 'Friday the 13th'

Jotham

"[...] I've been on record for quite some time now saying if I could ever remake one slasher film, it would be 'Friday the 13th.' Jason was always my favorite slasher since I was a little kid, and I think that there's a way to ... I mean, my approach would be to keep it in the '80s, honestly. I would have it take place in the early '80s. I would try and make him as scary as possible because I feel like that's something they kind of lost as the movies went along. You just start getting too comfortable with these villains and you need to be scared of them again."

Read more

ATRL, would you be here for this?

• Like 3

I have no idea about the Terrifier movies, but his quoted statement makes me wish it was happening.

• Confused 1

If it’s what he describes, then yes. If not, he can keep it. 

And that's completely fine, the concern is how it would be differentiated from the original films. Could I just pop in one of those old Friday the 13th films and pretend he had directed it, or would it have its very own unique spin? I don't necessarily want to see Jason in space again, but there's only so much that can be done at Camp Crystal Lake without it being a rehash of what's already been done.

Cast Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Voorhees, and let's largely explore her again working alongside Jason setting people up to be killed by him—if not just killing them herself.

Jason is so boring. Why not come up with a new villain instead of these remakes? Some directors are so amazing but their vision is so unoriginal sometimes. Make their own mark in cinema history instead!

• Like 2

Why does he want to downgrade?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, differentkindahigh said:

I have no idea about the Terrifier movies, but his quoted statement makes me wish it was happening.

oh you're missing out big time, Art The Clown (from The Terrifier) is a future horror legend and lowkey already is tbh

• Like 4

Hell no :rip: the terrifier films are **** 

also we need to leave this 80’s nostalgia in the past. It’s overdone at this point 

It would literally have to be a reqeuel ( ignoring anything after 2) cuz 2-4 was literally in like a week timeline wise and then its a 10-15 year gap. 

He did an amazing job with the 'Terrifier' movies and with a low budget, horror remakes are not easy to deliver but why not? He seems to have a clear vision so I would be here for that.

@The Witch @Reverse Warholian

39 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Jason is so boring. Why not come up with a new villain instead of these remakes? Some directors are so amazing but their vision is so unoriginal sometimes. Make their own mark in cinema history instead!

Well he created his own villain with the 'Terrifier' movies, it's not easy but he could do something good with a remake.

1 hour ago, DamianSolo said:

Cast Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Voorhees, and let's largely explore her again working alongside Jason setting people up to be killed by him—if not just killing them herself.

This would be interesting. I personally liked the 2009 remake but if they’re gonna do F13 again they might as well create some kind of new storyline. The franchise as a whole is so stale besides 4, 6, and Freddy v Jason.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leptine said:

He did an amazing job with the 'Terrifier' movies and with a low budget, horror remakes are not easy to deliver but why not? He seems to have a clear vision so I would be here for that.

@The Witch @Reverse Warholian

Here for Jason and Art The Cown teaming up + beating Freddy's ass :skeleton:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bad guy said:

This would be interesting. I personally liked the 2009 remake but if they’re gonna do F13 again they might as well create some kind of new storyline. The franchise as a whole is so stale besides 4, 6, and Freddy v Jason.

Yes, I liked the '09 remake as well. I love how they gave it an actual story that ran alongside the events of the film. It made it more interesting and increased the stakes.

Nothing about his idea sounds fresh. The reason Jason is not scary is because the character itself is not scary. Him and Michael with their superhuman powers and always coming back is really boring. 

They either turn this into an over the top absolute Camp sequel which would rely on total nostalgia or they could try and turn this from a basic slasher flick into an elevated horror film.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.