Which version of Style will you be streaming?

ks_dollar

129 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Style (Homophobic/stolen version)
    • Style (Botched/Taylor's Version)
    • Buy Applause on iTunes

A lot of the TVs work but this is the perfect example of one that, while not horrendous, just sounds cheaper and worse than the original with no redeeming qualities

It's a difficult balance to strike for her - change too much and you'll throw people off, but change not enough and it's just going to sound like a slightly off version of the original :rip:

• Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ks_dollar

• Rv1709

• hungrymuffin

• Trash

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly. Style and New Romantics still the OG. They’re literally perfection and it’s hard to recreate that.

The rest of 1989tv is good. 

7 minutes ago, MaxMartin said:

The well produced one.

ok max martin

I don't really stream the song at all but I agree the OG remains superior. I'm just glad she didn't butcher "Blank Space", which sounds ******* fantastic.

I can ignore the differences between the old and new Blank Space, Bad Blood, Shake it off, and New Romantics. Unfortunately I just can’t do it with Style, no matter how hard I try, maybe because it’s my favourite Taylor Swift song ever. I tried listening to it several times in the last few hours hoping I will get used to it but my body has a visceral reaction against it. I really want to support her but I’ll have stick to the Stolen version. I feel defeated and deflated today :chick3:

1 hour ago, hungrymuffin said:

original

i dont use her rerecordings at all

I have a genuine question. Why can’t they make the new ones sound exactly the same???

1 hour ago, Rv1709 said:

I have a genuine question. Why can’t they make the new ones sound exactly the same???

i think the producers are different

i really dont care much about the rerecordings so i dont really have a clue

It really feels like when you’re trying to search for a song on Spotify and somehow you fall on an unofficial version that is disguised as the official but its song by some random person and it tries to imitate the original 

The new Style is vastly bette and I encourage you to listen with something HQ and not a set of toy headphones 

The production is so good sand her matured voice meshes so well :giraffe:

The OG. A lot of her TVs don’t hit the same :michael:

• Like 1

I’ve bought the new album as a physical copy. Style OG is the only one I’ll return to on streaming. Sorry blondie, this missed 🥺

4 hours ago, What_A_Mess said:

I can ignore the differences between the old and new Blank Space, Bad Blood, Shake it off, and New Romantics. Unfortunately I just can’t do it with Style, no matter how hard I try, maybe because it’s my favourite Taylor Swift song ever. I tried listening to it several times in the last few hours hoping I will get used to it but my body has a visceral reaction against it. I really want to support her but I’ll have stick to the Stolen version. I feel defeated and deflated today :chick3:

This. I just can’t support her on this :dancehall:. I’ll try listening to both hoping that I get used to the new version one day.

After listening to it in my car, I might (unfortunately) have to stick with the original. This is the first TV that I feel completely missed the mark. 

The OG Sadly

As much as I want to support her rerecordings, this one just came out wrong and I can't listen to it in full. :rip:

The og, but I won’t be streaming it I still have my purchased album from 2014 on apple mu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.