Black woman confronts a man after spying on his racist text messages

MoonGoodandHappy

Do you think she is in the wrong for spying on other's text messages or she is in the right ? :chick1:

Edited by MoonGoodandHappy
  • Thumbs Down 1

for me its okay to confront them, and tell them they are doing wrong, i liked she was calm quick to deliver the messagge.:clap3:
 she did spy bc she knew something was wrong about him, acting like that around her and others making her/them feel bad...there is no point to confront someone if you don't have proofs they get away with it. she had them and was so classy to call him out. queen!

• Like 2

They will go out of their way not to sit next to us on planes so this isn’t surprising 

So she reinforced all the stereotypes and we're supposed to clap? "No one needs to know" but she posted it on tiktok for the whole world to see. :rip:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

1 hour ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

Do you think she is in the wrong for spying on other's text messages 

Not at all. He was shameless enough to send those texts while sitting right next to her, it's like he was daring her to speak up. 

Edited by Reginald

the hatred some white people have for poc merely existing is so disgusting. i’m glad she confronted him 

• Like 6

The texts are rly weird but she’s not with NSA, unless you think he’s literally plotting to hijack the plane, there is no excuse to read other people’s texts, period. You can’t rly be mad about what you find snooping thru ppl’s ****, that’s not your businsss

Edited by LoveInStereo
  • Like 6

I am glad she confronted him :clap3: Her argument was valid, if you are making someone deliberately uncomfortable because you are an intellectually-low, ignorant caveman with nails waving hi to fungus, then you deserve to be made uncomfortable as well :clap3:

• Like 2

Imagine being an old bag with disgusting fingernails and saggy, scabbed skin and still thinking you’re better than someone just because they’re black

• Like 1

Spying on texts isn’t really ok but it’s nothing next to sending those kind of disgusting comments, she was more than justified to call him out like that.

Dr. Alexander
1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

TBH I dont see what confronting someone on this does. Its not going to stop someone from being racist

spacer.png

Fitting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

TBH I dont see what confronting someone on this does. Its not going to stop someone from being racist

it makes the racist uncomfortable, which is good. they should feel bad about what they said.

• Like 3

Dr. Alexander

It’s incredibly fascinating to me how white people, and some other others as well, are so bothered by Black people. They can just sit there and quietly eat lunch at a restaurant, and they will have something to say about them internally or externally. That’s how popular Black people are. Always on everybody else’s minds 24/7.

As the late-great Diahann Carroll said, “It isn’t a problem for me being Black. It’s a problem for them” 

• Like 3

• ATRL Moderator

I spy on texts ALL the time. Am I the only one? :huh: (Esp if I see a phone with the blue and yellow bubbles on the black background — oh mama the way I will CRANE my neck to see what they're typing.)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

So she reinforced all the stereotypes and we're supposed to clap? "No one needs to know" but she posted it on tiktok for the whole world to see. :rip:

Help imagine if this comment made sense.

BIG BROTHER ANNOUNCEMENT IF YOU ARE BLACK YOU MAY NO LONGER GET ANGRY, DEFEND YOURSELF PHYSICALLY, DO ANYTHING BUT WHISPER, OR ENJOY ANY SOUL FOOD.

Respectability politics is a joke. Black people are allowed just as much as any other race to get angry especially if they are being disrespected 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Namie-Knowles said:

Help imagine if this comment made sense.

BIG BROTHER ANNOUNCEMENT IF YOU ARE BLACK YOU MAY NO LONGER GET ANGRY, DEFEND YOURSELF PHYSICALLY, DO ANYTHING BUT WHISPER, OR ENJOY ANY SOUL FOOD.

Respectability politics is a joke. Black people are allowed just as much as any other race to get angry especially if they are being disrespected 

She went out of her way to spy on a stranger's phone and made a scene out of what she discovered. I don't see how this is a step forward to absolving racism, especially when she uploaded it on social media to prove what exactly? That white people are racists? Shocking.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Like 1

Good for her.  She shouldn’t have been reading his texts, but she was absolutely in the right to confront him considering how he was saying racism things about her.  That’s never acceptable, and people won’t change unless they’re confronted.

Edited by Archetype
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

She went out of her way to spy on a stranger's phone and made a scene about what she discovered. I don't see how this is a step forward to absolving racism, especially when she uploaded it on social media to prove what exactly? That white people are racists? Shocking.

It is more so about spreading awareness because shocking people still to this day don't believe racism is real or wide spread. It also is to discourage any other racist from attempting to covertly share their believes and hatred in a public setting. Keep that **** in your home and be ashamed. Period. 

Same way if a woman had caught a man on the train talking about how he would assault her or have sex with her with his friends on his phone. If she catches him and exposes him on social media it isnt a woman being "overly emotional". It's spreading awareness of a social issue. 

Edited by Namie-Knowles
  • Like 1

Some of these posts and likes in here are appalling to me. :biblio:

She did the bare minimum. She should have called a flight attendant, called him out in front of them and requested a different seat. She should have also filmed him into his undoubtedly fugly face and let the internet do its thang. 

SpYiNg On MeSsAgEs IsN't OkAy - then maybe don't hold you phone like that if you're gonna type racist messages about the person sitting next to you. 

• Like 2

All things considered i thought she handled that well. She's a bit shook but all in all I thought she did right and did what she had to.

There's never anything wrong with ignorance being confronted and called out. People like that do need to be shamed and embarrassed, I don't care if they're having a private conversation or not. I'd, personally, feel threatened if I glanced over and saw someone sending messages like that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

She could have slammed his head into the back of the seat in front of him and made him eat his phone.

That’s what he deserved tbh.

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2023 at 1:21 PM, Saintlor said:

If no one ever confronts anyone or puts someone in their place for shi*ty behaviour, they’ll continue to live in their delusional land of thinking it’s okay. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.