18 dead and 13 injured in Maine mass shooting, suspect found dead by suicide from gun

Espresso

So he's been at his house the entire time?  Apparently, the police have his house surrounded at this moment. :deadbanana4:

Wouldn't they have been surveilling and then searching his home the minute they confirmed who he was last night? :psyduck:

Not to mention he probably has an entire arsenal of weapons at his disposal inside the house. :gaycat6:

Edited by BeenTheShit
edits
  • Like 1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• BeenTheShit

• St. Charles

• Bears01

Update: A spokesperson clarified authorities don't actually have confirmation of him being inside the home.  They are simply following surveillance protocol before entering the residence.

Basically, if he or someone else is inside the home, they are trying to give them the opportunity to surrender first.

13 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

So he's been at his house the entire time?  Apparently, the police have his house surrounded at this moment. :deadbanana4:

Wouldn't they have been surveilling and then searching his home the minute they confirmed who he was last night? :psyduck:

Not to mention he probably has an entire arsenal of weapons at his disposal inside the house. :gaycat6:

Wait, the abandoned house of his brother? Are we referring to the same place? :deadbanana:

2 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Wait, the abandoned house of his brother? Are we referring to the same place? :deadbanana:

I keep hearing it referred to as "his home" aka the suspect's on CNN and other networks.  See my post above though, a spokesperson claims they don't actually have confirmation of him being inside the home and they are following protocol. :michael:

CNN is now reporting both angles: 

Authorities were at the home earlier today, left, came back later, and saw some type of activity inside upon their return.

Authorities have no confirmation and are just following protocol before making entry to the residence. 

Really confusing... :psyduck:

Authorities seem to be pulling back from the house.  Speculation is they don't believe he's there but will continue to surveil through the night and then make entry during daylight.

How in the hell has this animal not been caught yet? Completely 100% unacceptable. Unacceptable. We overfund the hell out of law enforcement specifically so that they’re not useless in situations like this 

3 minutes ago, Espresso said:

At this point, I think he staged supplies in the woods and other areas and is moving around still.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

At this point, I think he staged supplies in the woods and other areas and is moving around still.

Yeah he definitely planned to go silent after all this, Eric Robert Rudolph style.

22 hours ago, AMIT said:

from 14:16 onwards there is a good summary of this issue and maybe a good way to answer your question, this video was the first time I had seen someone addressing this subject from a sociological perspective

I hate stupid generalizations like this video. I’m gay as hell and love this type of media. People just like to demonize teenage boys and young men to the point where they become antisocial. They’re constantly told by the left that they’re interests are wrong, and the right scoops them up gladly 

Edited by barbiegrande
  • Thumbs Down 13

They still haven't caught the murderer?????

32 minutes ago, barbiegrande said:

I hate stupid generalizations like this video. I’m gay as hell and love this type of media. People just like to demonize teenage boys and young men to the point where they become antisocial

Did you watch the video? :rip: At no point in it he does that wtf. He is bringing awareness to the fact that patriarchy is also hurting young, largely white, boys and is merely using the movies as an example of the outcome some of they end up on.

They’re constantly told by the left that they’re interests are wrong, and the right scoops them up gladly 

If you are referring to the fact that those boys tend to misunderstand the context and subtext of those movies to fit a certain narrative, how is that demonizing them exactly? Sounds like you severely misunderstood the tone of the video because he is not dragging them for that or advocating for that at all. 

Those movies and similar media in general do not turn men into stochastic terrorists and/or make them more propense to do sociopathic ****, which is something he addresses in the video, but they reflect a problem with how they are brought up by society and then they twist those movies into something they are not. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, barbiegrande said:

People just like to demonize teenage boys and young men to the point where they become antisocial

What in the world ! Just say you didn’t even watch the video and go :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought he would have been caught by now.

14 hours ago, Espresso said:

:rip:  the lack of competence i have in this force

You know who it was before even seeing the photo. Absolutely disgusting. And the right wing idiots will tout this as a "mental health issue"  :isudumblmao:  anything to keep lunatics with guns in their hands as we all get murdered in droves.

Sandy Hook not being enough for the government to BAN firearms is all that needs to be referenced. 

Nothing will be done.

Mass shooting -> thoughts and prayers -> nothing happens -> mass shooting

This is insane to live in this country now especially you have kids. Can never imagine life under this kind of fear tbh.:rip:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Park Jinyoung said:

I think he’s dead somewhere. I’ll be really surprised if they get him alive.

They just found him dead

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.