18 dead and 13 injured in Maine mass shooting, suspect found dead by suicide from gun

Espresso

There is now speculation that there may have been 2 shooters.

Video of the destruction at Walmart distribution center

Edited by BeenTheShit

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• BeenTheShit

• St. Charles

• Bears01

I guess we were overdue for an idiot(maybe idiots??) with a gun to do a mass shooting. 22 and most likely more is crazy. RIP to the victims. 

16 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Don’t know how accurate this is 

I'm seeing a lot of people saying this is a fake video since the area where this is happening does not have buildings like that. :michael:

16 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

In terms of casualties, this would be the third largest mass shooting in US history. Only pulse and Las Vegas being higher.

Are you going by 22? Sandy Hook and Virginia Tech come to mind

My thoughts are with everyone in my home state. 

Had to check on multiple friends tonight :sad:

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Are you going by 22? Sandy Hook and Virginia Tech come to mind

By total victims. 22 dead, 60 injured brings it to 82 victims so far. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476101/worst-mass-shootings-in-the-us/

1 hour ago, Bears01 said:

Nothing will be done because a lot of politicians are in bed with the NRA, and gun restrictions aren’t popular with the American public at large: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Ballot_Measure_114

This is in one of the bluest states in the country. It’s too engrained in the American way of life at this point, as heartbreaking as that is. 

This is just a blatant lie and wreaks of ignorance.:biblionana:

Americans broadly support gun regulations and reform including majorities of gun owners. Go look up the polling on it.

It's the politicians who refuse to do anything since all the Republicans are bought off by the NRA and even a couple Dems too 🤬

OT: Absolutely horrible, they better catch this mf already ffs.

Edited by dawnettakins

Why tf are people still allowed to have ar 15s, even my trump dad is a gun owner and thinks those should be illegal

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

Oh, you said casualties...

Casualties usually means injured and killed.

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

this is just insane .. almost hundred victims and nothing will be done again..

Not one not two but THREE different location?!!! Where the hell were the police?!!!! 

2 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Not one not two but THREE different location?!!! Where the hell were the police?!!!! 

While they were rushing to the first location, he was already traveling to the next I'm guessing.  Basically, he created absolute chaos by shooting up 3 different locations and the police were scrambling. :michael:

Edited by BeenTheShit

Press Conference Updates

• Robert R Card is the "person of interest"
  • Card's vehicle was located in Lisbon, Maine but he still remains at large
  • Won't confirm the preliminary death and injury count now as the situation is ongoing

Unfortunately I feel like the murderer is gonna off himself before the cops catch him. My heart is broken for the people affected.

34 minutes ago, Capris Groove said:

Why is it always men? Serious question.

from 14:16 onwards there is a good summary of this issue and maybe a good way to answer your question, this video was the first time I had seen someone addressing this subject from a sociological perspective

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, dawnettakins said:

This is just a blatant lie and wreaks of ignorance.:biblionana:

Americans broadly support gun regulations and reform including majorities of gun owners. Go look up the polling on it.

It's the politicians who refuse to do anything since all the Republicans are bought off by the NRA and even a couple Dems too 🤬

OT: Absolutely horrible, they better catch this mf already ffs.

People support the idea of gun control, but when you get into specifics of what gun control actually means, much like changes to government-issued healthcare, people start to have much less positive impressions of actually implementing it, as it starts weighing on their own individual liberties. That's why the only things people genuinely support tend to be bans on violent criminals and the mentally ill having access to firearms and then support for gun control falls off due to the slippery slope argument after that.

Civilians do not need AR-15s, but because Americans by and large tend to have main character syndrome-related delusions about government overreach, so they'll fantasize about the government laying siege to their homes and the only way they'd be able to take any agents down with them would be if they could shoot them back with assault weapon. Part of this is Conservatives' reaction to what happened in Waco, Texas (which is also what led to Timothy McVeigh bombing a federal building in Oklahoma City). That event is genuinely what has radicalized the average NRA conservative against any attempt to limit Second Amendment protections.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.