The most iconic horror movie of all time turns 45

Bears01

The iconic slasher “Halloween” gave birth to the “slasher” genre and turned future Academy Award WINNER Jamie Lee Curtis into an overnight “scream queen”. 

Let us wish this iconic masterpiece a happy birthday :clap3:

• Like 7

Cash those social security checks, Michael! 

i came expecting halloween & i wasn’t disappointed :clap3:

Psycho is the most iconic horror movie of all time but Halloween is probably 2nd. :clap3:

• Thanks 2

Knowing ATRL I was expecting some dumb movie instead of Halloween but thank you for proving me wrong :clap3:

I tried to watch it the other night and it's...hard to get through. The Rob Zombie remake is pretty wild thou

• Like 1

I can’t believe Scream is 45 :clap3: Neve Campbell looks great :clap3: 

• Thanks 1

The Screech stans already displaying their ignorance 

11 minutes ago, bync said:

the exorcist is 50

The only movie mentioned in this thread even worth debating about most iconic. Fair argument indeed 

• Like 2

Watching this movie for the first time tonight. I've been working my way through horror movie franchises this month. :katie2:

• Like 1

Just now, Jotham said:

Watching this movie for the first time tonight. I've been working my way through horror movie franchises this month. :katie2:

My word….I mean better late than never but it’s always so weird to cross people who haven’t seen movies I’ve seen when I was a child and was played for me in classes in high school (I had a roommate that’s never seen the Lion king, Jurassic Park, Jaws, or any Harry Potter so I know how it is lol)

Truly a masterpiece - technically brilliant, and it captures an entire mood of fall/nighttime/slasher/halloween so well. Better than any other movie before or after it tbh :clap3:

43 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

The only movie mentioned in this thread even worth debating about most iconic. Fair argument indeed 

How is Psycho now worth debating over? It's objectively more iconic than Halloween. And so is The Exorcist, tbh, I forgot about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ninasayers said:

How is Psycho now worth debating over? It's objectively more iconic than Halloween. And so is The Exorcist, tbh, I forgot about it.

I just feel like Psycho is unacknowledged and uncared for by younger generations, while Halloween is still beloved and even was the direct inspirations for the big horror movies of today. 

It’s undeniably a triumph in filmmaking and a pioneer, and I could very well be wrong, but it’s just my $0.02

• Like 1

Classics only, no fad movies allowed.

I stan Daddy Michael but let's be honest - those sequels went no where and the only thing Halloween is still remembered for is the main theme. Had Michael stayed with the same consistency as the first 2 films then Halloween would absolutely be the most iconic horror movie of all time. He ruined his career by taking a hiatus with early retirement and his dumb ass team thought Halloween III would be successful without him. When they realized they were wrong, it was too late and all they could come up with is stupidly neglecting Jamie Lee Curtis and putting a whiney screaming 8 year old brat in her place. BIG MISTAKE. Daddy Michael deserved better and because of this, he will never be on the same level as Ghostface and the Scream franchise. All of Scream's sequels were a massive success and Ghostface is a household name that's found in costume stores year round. And don't come at me with troll comments cause I say this as a Michael stan. It just is what it is and y'all need to accept that. 

23 hours ago, KeshaSwift said:

The exorcist is far more iconic and well known. :sorry:

The new movie is bombing horribly with critics & audience scores so not anymore :suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.