Which A-List is the worst live performer?

cyberpunkgoth

OVERALL  

205 members have voted

1. 1. .

Scott Borchetta

In 2023? Taylor, Britney, and Rihanna are all bottom of the barrel.

I would include Dua as well but I don't see how she's an A-Lister

Edited by Scott Borchetta
  • Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Phaunzie

• Soda Pop Queen

4 hours ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Nicki is the worst, but Billie is the most boring one by far :sleep:

Have you seen her live? Her shows are a riot and always a great time.

Celine easily (for me at least)

20 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Does she? :doc:

Yep

50 minutes ago, 1989 said:

How are people voting anyone but Britney? :skull: She’s never given you a fully live show that you can even begin remotely to compare to the other girls. Say what you want about Taylor, Katy, Rihanna, etc. but at least their mics are on. :michael:

I think they take her peak into consideration but yeah currently she's the worst of them

9 minutes ago, ket said:

I think they take her peak into consideration but yeah currently she's the worst of them

Even in her peak, she was lipping the majority of her show. :doc:

• Thumbs Down 1

24 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Even in her peak, she was lipping the majority of her show. :doc:

But she had charisma and she was a good dancer, she knew how to work a stage,  now thats all gone

Nicki rolling around the stage like a beached whale took the cake for me. :skull: 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

This thread is a setup for a WP, and I will NAWT take the bait! ::gaycat:

It’s Nicki. Never seen a good performance from her. 

1 hour ago, FightDragonsWithMe said:

Britney isn't an a lister. Rihanna. 

britney is forever an a-lister no matter the state of her career, she has solidified herself in that tier same with Beyonce,madonna,Celine,Taylor,Rihanna etc

Edited by Welovetrouble
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

A tie between Billie and dua

edit: how could I forget Taylor?? 

Edited by She-Rah
Forgot someone

9 hours ago, 1989 said:

How are people voting anyone but Britney? :skull: She’s never given you a fully live show that you can even begin remotely to compare to the other girls. Say what you want about Taylor, Katy, Rihanna, etc. but at least their mics are on. :michael:

Yet she has been called one of the greatest performers ever

Madonna and even MJ flew her out because he wanted to perform with her. Beyonce said she always had the best performances.

One of the main things Artists mention about her, is literally her performances :toofunny3:

You specifically should hold your mouth here :toofunny3:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, mons†er said:

you can't compare someone who dances to someone who preserves their voice for big songs.(ex: Beyonce and Whitney perform in different ways unless you're comparing them vocally.)

two COMPLETELY different styles of performing that are subjective unless you're basing it on technique in a certain area. (ex: singing, dancing, doing both at the same time, vocal technique, etc.)

I think you can still generally compare them though because while comparing Beyoncé and Whitney finds differences in how they perform, the end result is similar insofar as being able to execute what their performances are meant to achieve. There are singers who never dance, but who also don't sound great either. What we're looking for is excellence, it's performing to a high standard. It's not necessarily how many things a performer can do.

Someone is not a better performer if they can juggle, but the juggling becomes an element to that person's performance style that gets them rated the way they do. Someone like Whitney whose performances were like 90% about the vocals can still compare to Beyoncé, whose concerts (on average) tend to be 50% about vocals. As long as either are performing well 100% of the time, then that means they can be compared or at least grouped into the same "excellent performers" category.

I think where it gets down to the details is when you really need to pick one over the other, but that's not the case here.

Edited by swissman

In the case of Britney Spears, of course it'd be unfair for her ever to be named "The best performer of all time" without having a good catalogue of live-sung performances, HOWEVER, she's still in the upper echelons based on the qualities of her performances (mainly dancing) that is far and above what most popstars could ever achieve on stage, even with a vocal track to assist them.

Performing is about charisma and projecting something to the audience through your talents. If Britney leaned on one and barely used another in order to come up with the best show possible, that doesn't necessarily make her "the worst live performer." Fans will often like what a popstar offers onstage even if they're clearly awkward or not achieving what it should, but that's not the case with Britney, who was able to dazzle and delight even non-fans because what she did as a performer is had that certain magic.

And anyone saying that Britney didn't have that certain magic is kidding themselves, because it was clearly there, and seems to be a re-writing of history to claim otherwise.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, swissman said:

I think you can still generally compare them though because while comparing Beyoncé and Whitney finds differences in how they perform, the end result is similar insofar as being able to execute what their performances are meant to achieve. There are singers who never dance, but who also don't sound great either. What we're looking for is excellence, it's performing to a high standard. It's not necessarily how many things a performer can do.

Someone is not a better performer if they can juggle, but the juggling becomes an element to that person's performance style that gets them rated the way they do. Someone like Whitney whose performances were like 90% about the vocals can still compare to Beyoncé, whose concerts (on average) tend to be 50% about vocals. As long as either are performing well 100% of the time, then that means they can be compared or at least grouped into the same "excellent performers" category.

I think where it gets down to the details is when you really need to pick one over the other, but that's not the case here.

you can't generally compare performers who clearly excel in different aspects of performing. that is very much comparing apples to oranges and even then that is your own personal viewpoint. if Alicia Keys is a musician who performs by showcasing her piano techniques as well as her vocal capabilities, how do you compare the way she performs against someone like Adele who does not perform with instruments and is a vocalist? it comes down to once again, personal preference. the only thing you could compare between Adele and Alicia is vocal ability and execution hence that being the only aspect of their performances that they have in common.

Ok, there’s no Selena Gomez, so it is easy choice - Off-key singer and bad dancer Taylor Swift!!!

11 hours ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

Now, who are the 2 trolls that voted for Beyoncé and Madonna? :toofunny2:

The one with a Master’s degree. :laugh:

2 hours ago, mons†er said:

you can't generally compare performers who clearly excel in different aspects of performing. that is very much comparing apples to oranges and even then that is your own personal viewpoint. if Alicia Keys is a musician who performs by showcasing her piano techniques as well as her vocal capabilities, how do you compare the way she performs against someone like Adele who does not perform with instruments and is a vocalist? it comes down to once again, personal preference. the only thing you could compare between Adele and Alicia is vocal ability and execution hence that being the only aspect of their performances that they have in common.

That would be comparing one variety of apple to another, not apples to oranges. Comparing apples to oranges in this case would be like comparing a popstar to a stand-up comedian. Both are "performing" but in two completely different ways, a different baseline of skills needed and with different standards to determine greatness.

A singer who plays piano vs. a singer who only sings aren't so different as to be incomparable. There's still commonality with variations on how it is expressed. At the end of the performance, audiences aren't tallying up every skill displayed in order to validate if the performer is good or not. If you want to include piano skills in an estimation of how one person has more stage talents than the other, that's valid, but it doesn't mean comparisons cannot be made.

If I were to compare a piano-playing-singer to a standard-singer, I would look at how successful each of their performances are, point blank. Did they sell it? Did they execute it well? Was it engaging, etc. The better performer would do all those things better, no matter who had more skills on display.

But anyway, this thread isn't even asking us to rank performers, it's asking who is the worst.

I'm just glad that no one voted for Whitney. Anyone who'd vote for her belongs in an asylum lol.

Edited by TheFlyingRobot

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.