The GP is not talking about The Blob, Pinhead, Freddy, etc. Why?

Oktober Knight

Why is the GP not talking about those forgotten fads from the 20th century? Meanwhile Daddy Michael and Ghostface are all over social media due to their recent revivals in the big screen. Why do you think this is? 

michael-myers.gif

ghostface-ghistface.gif

Mrs.-Loomis.gif

7 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Why do you think this is?

7 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Daddy Michael and Ghostface are all over social media due to their recent revivals in the big screen. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

People experience Freddy in their nightmares and are afraid of talking about the King of Horror. Ghostface is cute too though. But Michael is not getting praise. Let’s not pretend his films

have any coherency. Plus Halloween Ends did him dirrty.mp3

“I call that d1€k Freddy Krueger cause it’s fearable.” - Cupcakke

The important people with taste know the truth. 

Edited by GraceRandolph

no 1 cares about the blob and pinhead had a cute revival last year.

unfortunately freddy and pinhead just dont have the vorys and ghostface marketing machine behind them :giraffe:

7 hours ago, DatChickDoe said:

People experience Freddy in their nightmares and are afraid of talking about the King of Horror. Ghostface is cute too though. But Michael is not getting praise. Let’s not pretend his films

have any coherency. Plus Halloween Ends did him dirrty.mp3

Shut up nasty ho, Halloween Ends grossed $110+M at the box office. Freddy Krasbeen hasn't had a hit since the 80s, so sit DOWN

28 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Shut up nasty ho, Halloween Ends grossed $110+M at the box office. Freddy Krasbeen hasn't had a hit since the 80s, so sit DOWN

*****, as if. When you count box office inflation, Freddy stomps on Michdull Mybores. Listen, it is NOT my fault you stan a mess of a franchise. You should just be angry with yourself. :heart:

1 hour ago, DatChickDoe said:

*****, as if. When you count box office inflation, Freddy stomps on Michdull Mybores. Listen, it is NOT my fault you stan a mess of a franchise. You should just be angry with yourself. :heart:

Ok, but how many streams does Floppy have compared to Daddy? 

:gaycat5:

9 hours ago, venuss said:

The Clot is absolutely irrelevant but it Stan’s don’t want to admit it

I cackled

Pinhead is a great character, but I never thought the movies were all that great. And Freddy's legacy has been tarnished, especially with him being caught in licensing limbo and developing hell for the past 13, or so, years; Jason is in that same boat, but he was always more iconic—even still.

The Blob is everywhere in real life: rolled up snow into a ball, jello, globs of certain substances that some people enjoy, stress balls, clear liquid blobs leftover from when serial killers suck out eyeballs. People don’t need to specifically remember the Blob for the Blob to impact them. I feel bad when people don’t get it, because I bet the Blob has been in their life all along. :bounce:

Ghostface is like that mpg that's  too overhyped and overrated

While pinhead probably isn't as talked but has more quality :giraffe:

The Blob remains influential among people who care about the ART.

I agree Pinhead and the PDF file are forgotten, however.

Is Michael Fadyers' relevancy over social media in the room with us?

The McDonalds of horror. The definition of quantity over quality :shutup:

King Pinhead is a topic for those who appreciate real art and quality. 

It's bad enough Stan wars are actually a thing in music-- let's get Stan wars out of movies, please. 

And if we're having this discussion, let's be real: 

The only good movies in the ANOES series are the first one and New Nightmare. And, surprise surprise! These are the only Freddy movies directed AND written by Wes Craven. 

The only decent movies in the F13 series are the first one and Part 6. 

The only good/decent movies in the Halloween series are John Carpenter's Halloween, David Gordon Green's Halloween (just the first one), and Halloween H20. 

The only underwhelming movies in the Scream franchise are 3 and 4. I'm aware Wes Craven wrote and directed 4, but yeah, not his best work. The rest of the movies are fun, and the critics would happen to agree with me here. 

The only good/decent Hellraiser movies are the first, second, and the 2022 remake. 

The only horror movie franchises to truly have more good movies than underwhelming/mediocre movies are the Evil Dead and Scream franchises. It's kind of funny how both franchises have a weak third and fourth movie. 

On topic: I think it's because The Blob doesn't necessitate sequels. A killer blob that terrorizes town: there's not much you can do with that premise. As for Pinhead, considering the 2022 remake was released only on streaming, it's possible major studios don't have faith in a major theatrical release? The remake was really good, in my opinion, and if you have Hulu, it's worth checking out! As for Freddy, isn't it because Robert Englund doesn't want to return as Freddy? Jackie Earle Haley did the best he could, but Robert Englund is the true OG Freddy & sadly can't be replicated. Michael and Jason can get away with this because their killers just need to be tall, bulky, and behind a mask. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.