Egyptian president refuses to take in Palestinian refugees: "Send them to the desert!

Psylocke

For those people saying, just put them in a neighbouring countries, as if they were some sort of cattle being shipped to market:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_and_Shatila_massacre

Perhaps the US and the EU should open their doors to Palestinian refugees, since they seem to be the biggest supporters of ethnic cleansing in Gaza.

• Confused 1

As usual, just take a moment to imagine the general backlash if this was said by a Western leader and compare the level of hypocrisy that some users are enduring.

Y'all have no credibility whatsoever. :toofunny3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

42 minutes ago, igninton said:

imagine.... if this was said by a Western leader

Why would anyone need to imagine.... what dozens of Western leaders already have and do say

We're meant to believe y'all Europeans who have hated refugees from Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, etc. are now suddenly being honest when you claim you're open to refugees but Palestinians are just uniquely "bad"? 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Why would anyone need to imagine.... what dozens of Western leaders already have and do say

We're meant to believe y'all Europeans who have hated refugees from Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, etc. are now suddenly being honest when you claim you're open to refugees but Palestinians are just uniquely "bad"? 

And now imagine if Germany said they wouldn't take any Austrian refugees in the event of a war, everyone applauded it and then went hard on Uzbekistan for not "fully supporting" a possible refugee crisis that had Austrians sent over there because the closest geographical ally (Germany) denied them staying in the country and said: "send them to Uzbekistan". 

Stop justifying hypocrisy and just own up to it. :celestial3:

• Thumbs Down 2

8 hours ago, Jormungand said:

I was born and raised in Florida and I'm Haitian, what are y'all even on? Be slightly critical of either side and suddenly you're labeled an anti-semite or a zionist💀 I hate what Israel is doing, but a two state solution is never going to work, what we're seeing now has happened how many times since Israel became a sovereign state? Neither side is going to just leave, so blood will continue to be spilled. 

The younger generation in Palestine is simply going to become radicalized due to Israel's war crimes and Israel is going to continue to commit them regardless of international outrage, criticism, and threats. Israel is committing genocide and no one's going to stop them, not even their big brother the US, due to their importance in the region. 

“Palestinians have a propensity for violence” is the kind of **** an IDF soldier would say to justify genocide

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

48 minutes ago, igninton said:

And now imagine if Germany said they wouldn't take any Austrian refugees in the event of a war

You honestly can't be this illiterate. :smiley:

Egypt is refusing to give Israel what it wants. It's not "refusing to take refugees". It's refusing to allow Israel to displace millions of people. 

Which is why it is demanding Israel agree to a ceasefire. You can't even make a coherent theoretical. In your made up example, why is there war in Austria? A civil war? Feel free to join us in reality where Palestine is facing genocide not because of internal conflicts or a humanitarian issue but because the West supports a genocidal settler state continuing to occupy it. 

Like some of you are so rotted by European racism and a complex that you're so much smarter than people who criticize the West yet you somehow think these two things: 1) European nations being called on to take refugees created from *Western bombing campaigns or Western-led coups* vs 2) Egypt being called on by the US to assist Israel in its mission of ethnic cleansing.

Let alone in the conflicts mentioned previously where the West caused or fueled the issue, the vast majority of refugees from Middle Eastern and Western Asian countries...are in neighboring countries! The idea you have of the West in your head as some humanitarian bastion is not rooted in reality. It is a lie. 

There is no moral high ground for the West to have in the Middle East. Every Western nation has either contributed to death and destruction or mass instability, or supported bigger Western superpowers that did so in their name. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2023 at 6:00 PM, Jormungand said:

While my heart is with the innocent Palestinians, I cannot fault nor blame Egypt and Jordan for not wanting anymore refugees. Jordan is already filled with Syrian refugees and the last time Jordan accepted Palestinian refugees, they were repaid with assassination attempts on the Jordanian royal family followed by threats to the very security of Jordan. 

I hate to say it, but Palestinian have a historical propensity for chaos. No sane country that values their stability and security would be wise to take on this humanitarian nightmare. Egypt already has enough problems of their own.

This is probably what Egypt is thinking about. They have a lot of internal chaos on their own. America and Europe will likely be considering this as well. The palestinians turning on Hamas is likely their best bet to stay in the homes and get the Israeli military to stand down.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, besaid said:

This is probably what Egypt is thinking about. They have a lot of internal chaos on their own. America and Europe will likely be considering this as well. The palestinians turning on Hamas is likely their best bet to stay in the homes and get the Israeli military to stand down.

Agreed. I have yet to see any protest against their own government (Hamas) I think that is what it will take 

On 10/19/2023 at 6:09 PM, 5hfangurl said:

They will remain in their homeland, and we will not let the facists in Israel off the hook and displace them. Period. No need to discuss refuge to any other places. 

That's very easy to say from the comfort of your non-Gaza Strip home :rip: I'm sure there are lots of Palestinian people who would like to take refuge in Egypt, if given the chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talento said:

That's very easy to say from the comfort of your non-Gaza Strip home :rip: I'm sure there are lots of Palestinian people who would like to take refuge in Egypt, if given the chance.

So why did Israel bomb the very crossing they would need to cross to leave Gaza?

2 hours ago, Talento said:

No one in Gaza wants to live in a refugee camp in the Sinai desert. They want the genocidal siege of Gaza to end. They want their freedom back. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Talento said:

This one!!! :gaycat: Some people want palestinians to stay at home and defend their 'ideals,' even if bombs are falling from the sky and Israel refuses to stop attacking them :emofish:

Very evil lemme say. I must say. Are they really supposed to sacrifice themselves? 

Meanwhile, all of them are in their comfortable bubbles in the developed world, leading happy lives, watching this like it's some kind of TV show.

Theyre serving the people laughing in this runway show :giraffe:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Why should Egypt be a sucker and take Palestinians in? Gaza used to be under Egyptian control until it was captured by Israel in 1967, and since then Egypt didn’t want anything to do with it. It didn’t build a strong border wall with Gaza for nothing. 

There are two logical places for the refugees to go:

1. More than half of the people in Gaza are refugees (or descendants of refugees) from different parts of Palestine that were ethnically cleansed in 1948 and other wars. They should be allowed to return to the original areas where their families came from.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (10 December 1948). Article 13. "Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country"

2. If returning Palestinians to Palestine is not possible, then the countries that should take them as refugees, should be the same ones selling the weapons to Israel. Distribution of refugees can be made based on the proportion of arms sales.

Exporters of major conventional weapons to Israel 2011-2020 (from SIPRI Arms Transfers Database):

israel-arms-pie-chart-2011-20.jpg

For some exporters, financial data on deliveries and/or licenses is also available, which also covers components, small arms and light weapons, and other equipment not covered by the SIPRI data.

israel-arms-bar-chart-2015-19.jpg

Since those are the countries that profit when bombs are falling on children, they easily can afford to take the refugees.

https://caat.org.uk/data/countries/israel/israels-arms-suppliers/

• Thanks 1

I think people are forgetting just how much of the Palestinian population are children. Do you expect children to stay and fight? These are children. I think it’s absolutely right for them to seek safety. What’s going on in the region is wrong and a human rights concern. The fact that western powers are not doing enough to end this makes me sick. 

On 10/19/2023 at 4:55 PM, Robert said:

Not defending Egypt here but why don’t the US and other countries funding this genocide take in refugees instead of trying to force less developed countries to deal with their problems. Better yet just free Palestine and treat their citizens with some humanity.

Not our business 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, ALΞX said:

Not our business 

You can claim that when your government stops selling weapons and sending military aid to Israel to help them ethnic clease a whole population. Until then, it very much IS your business. :coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2023 at 5:58 PM, Talento said:

On 10/20/2023 at 7:50 AM, igninton said:

As usual, just take a moment to imagine the general backlash if this was said by a Western leader and compare the level of hypocrisy that some users are enduring.

Y'all have no credibility whatsoever. :toofunny3:

On 10/22/2023 at 1:39 PM, AvadaKedavra said:

This one!!! :gaycat: Some people want palestinians to stay at home and defend their 'ideals,' even if bombs are falling from the sky and Israel refuses to stop attacking them :emofish:

On 10/20/2023 at 3:23 AM, Take Me Apart said:

So much for muslim and arab solidarity :giraffe:

Something tells me I now know why hundreds of thousands didn't want to leave North Gaza.

Why is Israel bulldozing homes in a place that they claimed people would be allowed to return to?

Egypt has all the rights to refuse taking refuges from palestine for many reasons, but especially when they already warned the israeli government about the hamas attack 3 DAYS before it happened, and we all know why israel has ignored that

Edited by A.R.L

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.