Golden Hit: Season 5 ⚜️ Congrats to fountain!

Jackson

I still don't have my new workout routine plan so if I can't go to the gym tommorow I might just write this autumn song instead. I have an idea for something Kate Bush-eque

• Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackson

• Aurora

• Kern

• fountain

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, XO_Life said:

Please don't write a christmas song. 

I can’t quite think of anything that would be less enjoyable!

I meant to post a reminder last night but was working late :jonny:

We're now ~30 minutes from the deadline, get those submissions in if you haven't yet!

@Kayseri Mantisi @stupidjock @worldwide angel @Antikythera @Hey Dude @blackoutbaby @Invisibility @fountain @Prisoner @réveuse @punisher @JonginBey

A few things came up so I'll probably need tomorrow to finish it :'(

My family: "I hate you, demon spawn. Die already"

My family a few minutes later: "please help me I need you"

:skull:

my song sucks ass:rip:

themes like this where the ideas are restricted aren’t my cup of tea. but i persevered!

• Like 1

My problem is that if there's a season of the year, I've already wrote multiple songs for it. :skull: Back in SOTS3 for instance I wrote an autumn themed song that I ended up not submitting (not that it mattered because I won the round I would've sent it for!) but I wrote something entirely new anyway. Seasonal songs are kinda just my bread and butter so the challenge for me was to make it not something I've written before :skull:

Ribbon-Challenge-S5-R4.png

⚜ Round 4.5 Announcement ⚜

Hey, Hitmakers. This season Jackson and I set out to make one of the most inspiring, engaging, and inclusive seasons of Golden Hit yet. We’ve been very impressed by the output from new and old writers alike, and want to continue making this tournament a positive and enjoyable experience.

We’ve noticed a drop in submissions in the last two rounds, and wish to acknowledge the consensus regarding this round in particular. We never intended for this to be a restrictive theme—quite the opposite! But your feedback is valued and we wish to be dynamic and adaptable hosts who aren’t afraid to admit when our prompts for inspiration don’t land.

:celestial6:

Therefore, we have decided to offer a 3-day extension to submit for the ‘tis the damn season challenge.

Additionally, we are opening the challenge up to include winter themes as well as autumn/fall.

:stare:

Remember, your song does not have to be about the seasons in a literal sense, you can write about any subject you wish in a seasonal setting, make occasional references to the weather, or even go completely metaphorical with it. However, we are not looking for Christmas songs this round.

Songs now due via Google Form submission by Mon. Nov 20, 11:59PM EST

If you have already submitted for this round, we thank you! You do not need to resubmit, your original entry will still be valid for this seasonal challenge. However, should you wish to submit a new song, or continue to work on the song you have already submitted, feel free to do so.

We hope you appreciate this decision, and we look forward to seeing some more entries come through. You are the only reason why we are able to keep doing these tournaments!

@stupidjock@fountain@Hey Dude@GentleDance@réveuse@Invisibility@worldwide angel@Legend E@JonginBey@Kayseri Mantisi@blackoutbaby@Navy4Life@Antikythera@Julianna Calm Down@Hug@Prisoner@punisher

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2023 at 5:46 AM, Jackson said:

Emblem-Banner-S5.png

We've already embraced the spooky sounds of Halloween, but autumn has so much left to offer...

Round 4 ‘tis the damn season

Put on your coziest sweater and take a sip of that Starbucks, because this round, we're embracing full autumnal vibes 🍁.

For this round, we want you to dive into the essence of autumn and all its associated colors, moods, and themes. Your challenge is to write a song with an autumn theme - whether it's about the leaves changing colors, the comforting feeling of a cozy sweater, or the emotions you associate with the season. Think of songs that would fit perfectly on a fall-themed album, like Taylor Swift's evermore.

Your task is to craft lyrics that capture the essence of the season. You're free to explore any genre, style, or structure for your song, as long as it transports us to the wonderful world of autumn.

Entries are due via Google Form submission by November 16th, 11:59 PM Eastern Time.

If you have any questions or need clarification, feel free to tag any of this season’s judges, @Jackson, @Aurora, and @XO_Life.

Sign-ups are open all season long, and anybody is free to join – just submit your song to sign up and embrace the cozy, autumnal vibes! 🍁

Emblem-Crest-S5.png

Reposting original challenge for anyone who missed it! Now includes winter themes + due 3 days from now!

Thank you! 

Tbh I low key feel like Round 2 could have been combined with this because I associate Autumn with Halloween. 

My theme is about school years. Maybe this gives someone some inspo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

Thank you! 

Tbh I low key feel like Round 2 could have been combined with this because I associate Autumn with Halloween. 

My theme is about school years. Maybe this gives someone some inspo.

This actually was @Jackson's original suggestion, but I felt the two were different enough to have their own moment. But this definitely may have been a better decision in hindsight, opening up space for a completely different challenge. It's difficult sometimes to strike the balance of not being too restrictive, while also not being too open-ended.

I really hope this means you will consider submitting for the updated version of the challenge? :duca:

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

This actually was @Jackson's original suggestion, but I felt the two were different enough to have their own moment. But this definitely may have been a better decision in hindsight, opening up space for a completely different challenge. It's difficult sometimes to strike the balance of not being too restrictive, while also not being too open-ended.

I really hope this means you will consider submitting for the updated version of the challenge? :duca:

Yeah the extra 3 days will be helpful, I'll send in :smile:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, punisher said:

i lowkey give up on this round- my submission is really mid:priceless:

i think i write fun songs better

You can still write a fun song for this theme!

• Like 1

i completely forgot to finish what i started and panicked a bit :deadbanana2:

thank you so much for the submission

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hey Dude said:

I just got inspo for a Christmas bop 

defrost.thumb.gif.3d864c1792b7f2d552b6a8

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

However, we are not looking for Christmas songs this round.

:stare:

• Thanks 1

Yes, please don’t submit a Christmas song. There are so, so many more directions you can take a fall/winter theme than human-made festivities. Don’t limit yourselves! :stare:

Interesting, not sure if I will change my entry or not. Am I about to write my third song of the round? I’ll have to see if anything comes to mind and if the time is there. :wave:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.