Golden Hit: Season 5 ⚜️ Congrats to fountain!

Jackson

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

agree, love seeing how such different songs can still be equally successful :jonny4: gold token next week?

not with that autumn theme 

Edited by stupidjock
  • Haha 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackson

• Aurora

• Kern

• fountain

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, XO_Life said:

Ribbon-Reviews-S5-XO_Life.png

Surprise. I was able to finish early. Everyone did really well this round imo. :clap3:

@Hug - Romancing Saga 

Yaaas, @you doing the Smash hit challenge! I love that you did that! I got to know your writing style for the last two entries and  hoped you would you choose this challenge!

As usual, let's take a look at your rhyme scheme... to me... this is flawless. I have nothing to critique here, I wouldn't change a damn thing. Your rap part was so damn tight... just pure fire. You served bars and brought  the vibe! That's how you do it! Yaas! 

Your whole song served confidence and mega bop of the century... I love the confidence, the pure sex your served and just the whole power of the song. Ugh it reminds me so much of greedy by Tate Mcrae. I could see her slaying this! 

"He’s so perfect for me
Some say they want a piece
I need the whole damn thing
One house, one bed, one wedding, two rings" 

This whole part is totally going to caption my next pic/vid when I pose it up with a random dude I just met at the club. (I don't actually post anything but you get what I am saying)

But let's keep it gangster... your whole song is caption and quote worthy. Trendy and cool AF. 

Your chorus is totally going viral on TikTok, pretty girls, hot guys and everyone in between are going to use this when showing of their dancing, new cloths, money or make up

"To all of the boys that had loved him before
That man is mine there’s no room anymore
(So bye,) I know what I’m doing" 

Everyone will be eating this up! 

I just loved that you didn't use any magical or fantasy elements in this. I get it, we all love to use this kind of imagery but this is by far my favourite entry this whole entire season. 

In your description you said "I can't say if the GP will connect with this as it is gay gay gay AF" 

Are you kidding me? I see the GP 100% connecting with this  because as you said... this is exuding confidence and dominance.
It's such a modern entry. I do see a female singing this song tho. hihihi.

You nailed this challenge and in my opinion you should focus on this type of writing way more! Don't get me wrong I love your other entries as well but in my opinion this is where you exceed in. I am only mad that this isn't a real song.

@fountain - ???? 

Let me start off by saying that I really hoped that you would do my challenge. I was looking forward to your Smash hit. Instead you delivered a beautifully written and deep poem that gives the reader something to think about. 

Life is messy and we all have questions about it. There is also a feeling of "nothingness" and numbness in your poem. I feel the writer isn't sure what to actually tell because it's just to complex to put it into words. 

To me this is a good fit, as it is reflected in the lyrics which are somewhat confusing - just like life itself. I really like that your poem mirrors the complexity of life and gives the reader ambiguity to interpret the lyrics their own way.

I liked that you went for a poem this round and gave us another perspective into your style and story.

I would call this poem a great inspiration for a conceptual album.

Well done!

@Hey Dude - The Cheering You Up Song (I'll Always Be There)

First of all... let's just call this one "I'll Always Be There"... what is up with the song titles this season. 

Those type of songs can feel cringe from start to finish when you don't do it right. There are so many of these songs out there that it is though to write something and doesn't feel like it hasn't been done before... so yeah... 

Your song felt like a warm hug after you have been through hell. In my opinion, it is beautifully written, and I really love your interpretation of this challenge. 

To me, this is a beautiful midtempo ballad that is filled with warmth, hope, and love. 

I remember writing something similar last season and most people thought it was a bit basic and lacked punch... I see how some people could say the same thing for this entry. Luckily, I don't believe that basic = bad/boring. I actually want some people to write on the level that you did! 

Your rhyme scheme was beautiful (you see a theme here?) And your chorus was really strong. 

Overall nothing other than simply beautiful & pure came to my mind when reading this song. 

Very well done.

@worldwide angel - I Don't Miss You

Combining mine and auroras challenge is definitely a risk. Fortunately for you I think the risk payed off. 

In my opinion your verses fit more to auroras challenge than to mine while the chorus seemed to be written keeping my challenge in my mind. I assume you first wrote the chorus? 

With this out of the way... your rhyme scheme was excellent in this entry it gave such a good flow to the whole lyrics. 

Your chorus definitely has the potential to go viral on Instagram it's very simple (which is a good thing) and leaves no room for ambiguity.  You don't miss him! Period!

I actually don't see this being a club anthem, I view your song as a R&B/Pop midtempo smash hit. This is mostly due to the strong imagery (angels, heaven, hell). But again, that doesn't take away anything from the song. 

In my opinion this is a very strong entry and the most challenging out of all the submissions we received this round. 

Very well done and congrats on writing such a deep song with viral potential!

@punisher  - Off-Brand

*****..... you snapped a bit! Yaas. I am actually going to check the box to my challenge as well because yaass!!! Drag him! 

Ok, you actually went for it tho. You gave me serious rap vibes with this entry, mostly due to your very tight rhyme scheme. I actually started to rap your song to see if it will flow and guurl it did. 

Your pre chorus and chorus went the f off. Damn. So glad you joined this competition. 

Your chorus definitely can go viral on tiktok and insta... no explanation needed! The chrous fits perfectly. 

There were a few adjustments I would've made ( you could've included fast food chain and make it rhyme with lame)

"I’ll pop you harder than the pimples on your face" and line with the grandma's dementia were a bit too much and almost were cringe. 

But other than this, this is such a strong entry! Very well done.

@Legend E - Childhood Dreams

I was really disappointed that you didn't went for my challenge. I get that you are going for more emotional entries but I believe that writing pop song would've been the biggest challenge for you as you already exceed in emotional writing. 

I really liked that there was some repetition this time around. It made your entry more memorable and for me it tied everything together. Well  done. 

Your storytelling, as usual, is very good and draws you in immediately. I liked that you showed that teachers can ultimately have a negative impact on your mental health and I think a lot of people will relate to this.

You really did an amazing job but what will it take to get a true pop song from?

hurricane326 - Your Perversion

I actually would've liked if you took on my challenge but it is what it is. 

Your entry follows a poetry structure again. But I really enjoyed this entry. 

I absolutely love the rawness and brutality of your entry. It really took me on a journey. I love that you didn't rely on abstract imagery and just got to the point with your lyrics. 

It's a really emotional song I could see as an opener for an emotional rollercoaster of an album. 

With this being said I really would've appreciated a chorus but that seems to be not your style, which is fine but please understand that I really would've loved one to tie everything together even more. 

Again, I applaud you for the rawness and brutality of this entry! This is what I want see! 

Very well done!

@stupidjock- Villa With a Swimming Pool / The History of Masculinity

Let me start by saying that the growth I see in this entry is truly amazing. 

I get so damn strong evermore vibes from this, it's unreal. This is by far your best entry yet. 

You mostly abstained from a rhyme scheme in this entry. Usually I would fault you for this but you know what? I didn't think your entry needed one at all. 

Your chorus gave me Taylor S. Vibes as well but more Red than evermore. I loved the imagery you included in this song. You painted a beautiful picture in my mind and I was hooked reading your lyrics.

I really enjoyed that you morphed your choruses, that made your entry so much more memorable and intriguing. 

"Is it me or is it his voice coming from within?" So simple but really powerful. I loved that you ended your song with a question.

The verses were clever and they were such a good read. 

The Tequila line threw me off a bit but I have nothing else to critique.

Such an amazing entry. I loved it!

thank you so much!

52 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Emblem-Banner-S5.png

At #7 is a song that took some risks, veering far further into commercial territory than we're used to from this writer.

Hide contents

@worldwide angel with a score of 7.64 for I Don't Miss You ⚜

Despite the rank, I loved seeing you try some new things this round. I hope you continue to experiment and show us new sides of you. Plus you got a pop bop out of this :katie2:

thank you all :heart2:

21 minutes ago, Hug said:

Top 5, my most successful pop song yet!

keeping that top 6 streak alive

On 11/9/2023 at 4:42 AM, fountain said:

Where was my invite?! :'(

Oh mess I only saw your comment now, sorry  :'(

But if it makes up for it, here's what I sent this round:

Spoiler

The Cheering You Up Song (I'll Always Be There)

[Verse 1]
When summer passed by and took away the flame
And you’re still holding on to keep it awake
When the flaws hurt ‘till you’re losing sleep
And your hopes feel hidden somewhere deep

[Pre-Chorus]
Wish you had armor strong enough to take the blows
Wish you had broad shoulders to lean on when you need them most
I know how it feels, that’s why I’m letting you know

[Chorus]
I’ll always be here when believing isn’t enough
You can trust my heart, I’ll give you all my love
Won’t let you fear this world, will give you solid ground
I’ll always be there to keep you safe and sound

[Verse 2]
Too quiet when you should speak up
Yet too loud when you should tone down
Always too soft, always too hard when you stand your ground
Can't seem to get it right, but that's alright

[Pre-Chorus]
You’ve crashed off-course, you’re bruised and sore
Hurts even worse inside your soul
You try to be the pillar of stability
Well you don't have to worry when you're with me

[Chorus]
To give you all my heart, when all you need is love

[Bridge]
I know how it feels when your intentions don’t show
I know what it’s like when you didn’t mean to hurt
All you want is a little warmth
I know how it feels when your heartache grows
I know what it’s like when the tears still flow
I will be the star that guides you home

[Chorus]
I’ll always be there when there’s no one around
I’ll always be there to keep you alive

[Post-Chorus]
It’s raining, I’ll lead you through the storm
You’re falling, for you I’ll take the fall
You’re trying, for you I’ll give it all
It’s freezing, I’m here to keep you warm

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Hey Dude said:

Oh mess I only saw your comment now, sorry  :'(

But if it makes up for it, here's what I sent this round:

Hide contents

The Cheering You Up Song (I'll Always Be There)

[Verse 1]
When summer passed by and took away the flame
And you’re still holding on to keep it awake
When the flaws hurt ‘till you’re losing sleep
And your hopes feel hidden somewhere deep

[Pre-Chorus]
Wish you had armor strong enough to take the blows
Wish you had broad shoulders to lean on when you need them most
I know how it feels, that’s why I’m letting you know

[Chorus]
You can trust my heart, I’ll give you all my love

[Verse 2]
Too quiet when you should speak up
Yet too loud when you should tone down
Always too soft, always too hard when you stand your ground
Can't seem to get it right, but that's alright

[Pre-Chorus]
You’ve crashed off-course, you’re bruised and sore
Hurts even worse inside your soul
You try to be the pillar of stability
Well you don't have to worry when you're with me

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
I know how it feels when your intentions don’t show
I know what it’s like when you didn’t mean to hurt
All you want is a little warmth
I know how it feels when your heartache grows
I know what it’s like when the tears still flow
I will be the star that guides you home

[Chorus]
I’ll always be there when there’s no one around
I’ll always be there to keep you alive

[Post-Chorus]
It’s raining, I’ll lead you through the storm
You’re falling, for you I’ll take the fall
You’re trying, for you I’ll give it all
It’s freezing, I’m here to keep you warm

this is so 2000s, i love it so much :jonny3:

• Thanks 1

R1: 6.4

R2: 6.7

R3: 7.46

Reached the 7 zone!  :celestial:

This is actually going better for me than Season 4 'cause even though my scores for the first 3 round in that season were higher:

R1: 8.67    

R2: 8.17    

R3: 7.90

Each round was a decline but this season my score goes up every round so far, so that's all that matters to me. I don't care that I fell to last place.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

R1: 6.4

R2: 6.7

R3: 7.46

Reached the 7 zone!  :celestial:

This is actually going better for me than Season 4 'cause even though my scores for the first 3 round in that season were higher:

R1: 8.67    

R2: 8.17    

R3: 7.90

Each round was a decline but this season my score goes up every round so far, so that's all that matters to me. I don't care that I fell to last place.

Like I said in the first results post, even your last place song this week would have been #7 (out of 13) songs last week, so it really was a very solid round. And you were only 1 point away from #1. Everything was very close this week.

This is the last week we're revealing scores though, so it will be a lot harder to tell how you're stacking up to the competition (and yourself) from here on out. If we kept revealing scores it would make it (potentially) too easy to tell who's in line for the win by the end of the season.

Not a one point range. :jonnycat: Ranking you all this week was very difficult as everyone did really well (I scored everyone between 7-10) and it appears the other judges were quite tight in their distribution too!

Congrats @Legend E, you gave me exactly what I wanted from my challenge and that aside it was such a beautiful and honest song that I couldn’t help but make you my #1. Glad to see you snatching tokens again as I think you’ve been a little overlooked this season until now!

Also huge congrats to @punisher and @stupidjock, I love this tie for you, both of you have been such amazing additions to the Golden Hit community and it’s fantastic to see you listen to the feedback and your hard work being rewarded. Well done!

As for everyone else, really top stuff. There wasn’t an average song this round, only smashes- y’all took XO’s challenge literally! 6 songs above an 8 is wonderful. Can’t wait to see what you all bring in the coming weeks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jackson said:

This is the last week we're revealing scores though, so it will be a lot harder to tell how you're stacking up to the competition (and yourself) from here on out. If we kept revealing scores it would make it (potentially) too easy to tell who's in line for the win by the end of the season.

Unfortunately, this is the hard part of the season, but I think this results show came at a perfect time and provided a visual of just how close some weeks can be. A 1 point range between first and last is nothing.

For those who have submitted every round thus far, remember we’re only taking your top 5 scores into account this season, so feel free to take a risk, get out of your comfort zone, or just take a week off if you really need to. :heart:

• Like 2

Need to get into my fall vibes. Maybe I repent for my blasphemy in the last 2 rounds and go for a Christian Girl Autumn 🤔

20 hours ago, Jackson said:

Emblem-Banner-S5.png

At #5, we have a song that wasn't afraid to show off its... lyrics. A bop for the internet age and future gay club smash.

Hide contents

@Hug with a score of 8.18 for Romancing Saga ⚜

I think this was a controversial one on the panel. Despite ranking fifth, you received the only 10 from the entire panel from one judge (who may choose to reveal themselves if they wish)

Robbed. To me this entry was perfect and deserved the #1. 

I gave you 10 points. :clap3:

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, XO_Life said:

Robbed. To me this entry was perfect and deserved the #1. 

I gave you 10 points. :clap3:

Omg my SMASH! You're really fighting for the pop bop girlies out here, I respect it!

• Haha 1

hugamari_So_Ill_always_be_this_way_afraid_to_run_afraid_to_stay_217d3efb-52c3-4f96-8432-f40d1566993c.png?ex=6564e98f&is=6552748f&hm=97a294791fc5c5a3376b8d05b277075ca945ed4ee25faf7d2ef9c8d0ef48ed4b&

"So I’ll always be this way, afraid to run, afraid to stay

Like the leaves in the autumn, all my dreams fly away

I know that I’m to blame, but it’s far too late to chase

An eternal sonata I can only help but play"

~ Eternal Sonata

Spoiler

I'm actually so mad at Midjourney by the way...if last round was Shawn Mendes, this round is Taylor Swift. I had to make a couple variations just to get a woman that didn't look too much like her :skull:

hugamari_So_Ill_always_be_this_way_afraid_to_run_afraid_to_stay_f4e974bf-2211-4edd-8261-cab07e1a3dca.png?ex=6564e7a2&is=655272a2&hm=9611b4ee96c7e49eef544810c05eefcdf9b513b554e9a39b2423e13365aabad2&

For any judges that were trying to stay ahead of the curve, I added a quatrain to the chorus and a whole new section :alexz3:

7 hours ago, XO_Life said:

I'm sorry, I've been really busy lately. I'm going to try to write something now.

I'm assuming my round 3 is way too late, so I'll just take the L on that entry.

Hello everyone!!

I would like to announce that I didn't send anything last round because I was one of those people that used ChatGPT during the first rounds.

Due to time constraints I made that stupid decision and I realize it may have disrupted the flow of the game. Sorry for wasting the time of the judges.

I genuinely regret it and I felt bad so I thought announcing this myself right now would've been better than people rumoring who used it :heart:.

My real songwriting is actually good too though, and that's why I joined the game but after not having enough time to submit on first round (cuz of life and uni etc) I used ChatGPT. Hopefully in future I can enter the competition with my own writing.

Ghoul's Ballad was a mega bop though and if it wasn't written by GPT i'm sure y'all would've given it a 10/10 :suburban:.

Good luck to other ones!!

Edited by Kayseri Mantisi

Today I'll put up my Pokemon Johto rate, pass out, then hopefully I'll have 2 days of peace to complete my track before deadline is up. 

Edited by Hey Dude

I think it's fun to see what other people's thought processes were when writing something so I decided to go ahead and share what I was thinking when I was writing my entry this week.

Originally, I felt a bit...disappointed? with the challenge...not because it's bad but because I felt like I beat the concept of seasonal songs to death. I have multiple songs for every season, and some songs incorporate every season, and that's not including other songs where I just used seasonal terms in various one-off similies and metaphors.

On top of that, my work schedule is odd this week where I didn't have as much time to conceptualize and write as I'd have liked. This, combined with me generally having a bit of a depressive mood made me feel really bad about things in general.

What I did was just start writing something with the intention of it being bad, just so I could have something. The product of that was actually the first and final quatrains of my song (you'd be able to tell from them having the same format, as well as the sense of frustration coming from them)

That, however, resulted in the entry I think I'm most proud of so far this season. I particularly enjoy the chorus as I feel it's one of the best ones I've wrote on a technical level, as well as an emotional one.

Oh and as far as that depressive mood I talked about, I realized it was very similar to the one I had like...a bit over a year ago where I realized I wanted to make changes in my life and when that clicked I ended up having a very productive day 😅

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Hello everyone!!

I would like to announce that I didn't send anything last round because I was one of those people that used ChatGPT during the first rounds.

Due to time constraints I made that stupid decision and I realize it may have disrupted the flow of the game. Sorry for wasting the time of the judges.

I genuinely regret it and I felt bad so I thought announcing this myself right now would've been better than people rumoring who used it :heart:.

My real songwriting is actually good too though, and that's why I joined the game but after not having enough time to submit on first round (cuz of life and uni etc) I used ChatGPT. Hopefully in future I can enter the competition with my own writing.

Ghoul's Ballad was a mega bop though and if it wasn't written by GPT i'm sure y'all would've given it a 10/10 :suburban:.

Good luck to other ones!!

Appreciate the honesty - hopefully we see you in a future season with original lyrics 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.