Have you ever had your 'oh, that's not-' moment?

Kern

Have you ever said something and thought you ate but was met with confused/negative reaction like lady in the video below?

I once said at a birthday party that our mutual friend didn't come because 'again, she had some cooler event!' and that cooler was sarcastic ofc. but of course people thought I'm being for real and they were like 'cooler...? :/' so I was like 'IN A SENSE THAT, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN...?'

10 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

idk but i think or say out loud "ou that's nawt" at least 12 times per day lmao

I say it all the time and nobody ever gets it :skull:

oh-thats-not-in-the-sense-that.gif

• Haha 1

Yes, as a non native English speaker I have misspoken and made my comment sound problematic :deadbanana4:

when I was in uni me and my friend were in the bathroom, in toilets which were right next to each other, and I randomly thought it would be the funniest thing ever to throw the toilet brush over the wall (so it would land in his toilet). I was laughing, expecting him to laugh as well, thinking I ate that. Needless to say, he didn't find this funny (as he should idk what I was thinking, imagine all the germs that literally FLEW from this dirty ass uni toilet brush).

Edited by D.Va
  • Haha 2

Oh god yes years ago. In my senior year of high school, I was ****-talking with my ex-best friend on the phone walking back to class from lunch and I said a joke only we'd get because it was something that happened on a night out together. Unfortunately, as I said the joke, the normally loud ass hallway went completely silent and everyone started staring at me :rip:  Later that day on the way home, someone tried to fight ME because they thought I was talking about them because I was walking behind them and they heard it :skull: SO awkward.

Edited by LustSpell
  • Haha 1

The other day my manager said he was looking for me as I prepared for work. I made a joke about hiding from him because I was in witness protection and he thought I was serious.

spacer.png

• Haha 4

Every time I send my Mom some Tiktoks to laugh at, she completely misinterprets them and takes offence at me so I have to explain them to her "in-in the sense that-"

Edited by Flomik

I had a date with this guy a couple months ago, and recently I found out that he's married with two kids. I told one of my close friends about this, who is also gay, and he said that it's okay because "at least he's married to a woman, so it doesn't count."

Oh this b*tch is slow

• Haha 3

ive had plenty. it usually went everyone was saying something shady or funny and then id jump in and it would land flat but id be swearing up and down that i ate 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, May said:

me and my friends have this ex-friend who became a supermodel and she recently had twins and i said ‘i guess that’s her career over’ and my other friend who is a mother took major offence to it bc she thought i was saying people’s lives are over when they have kids but i doubled down and said ‘are you really comparing yourself to a supermodel?’ and that’s how i had two ‘oh that’s not-‘ moments within 3 minutes :thing: 

You gagged her w your answer tho 

atrl-sky-diving.gif 

• Haha 2

some old guy came into work one day and made some snarky comment about my hair colour masking it as a joke and i told him at least im not bald thinking i was playing along but then he got mad asf and made a scene

spacer.png

• Haha 8

i pulled up at this grindr hookup's place and i could tell he didn't have much experience so i warned him to be more cautious and not get in just any stranger's car cause i could've been a serial killer for all he knew and it would be very easy for me to get rid of his body and he didn't get my sense of humor and he was horrified but i was already driving and i had to assure him it was just a joke (we did end up porking anyway so it was fine)

• Haha 12

this thread  was a wild ride :dies: 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

I’m so happy I made this thread 

I have not laughed this hard in a while :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

I once said at my old work that I have a cat but we are kinda waiting till he dies at this point and I thought they'd realize that I meant that he's very old already and we are preparing mentally for his departure

but the room just went silent and I got some crazy disturbed looks 

Edited by stupidjock

At the first restaurant I worked at, my colleagues and I were talking about our sous chef who was this really intimidating figure

I said that I "sort of grew into him" but it came off really sexual, and everyone ******* laughed at me and referenced it constantly to the point where the chef was aware of what I said

Edited by uusagii

As someone with a dry sense of humour and a deadpan face when making jokes, they don't usually land with people I've only just met or don't know very well :rip: One of my now best friends said when she first met me she couldn't tell if I was being serious or not lmao

Dr. Alexander

When I worked at a gym, the brand new personal trainer (who was a Black girl) and I were talking at the front desk. This other personal trainer (who was white) came up a few minutes later, introduced himself very politely and nicely, and said “It’s nice to meet you. It’s Shaniqua, right?”

Her name wasn’t anything close to that. Like, he was so embarrassed. His face got so red. I immediately was like “ouu, that’s not…”

spacer.png

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

When I was in college, I was part of a club that visited a homeless shelter in Los Angeles every weekend. Each week, several students in the club would be rotated to visit them, and we would visit the families there and do fun activities with the kids, etc. One meeting after one of our visits, one of the students was summarizing our last visit, and he talked about how much he enjoyed visiting the families because "it helps them forget about the lives they're living." :deadbanana: My jaw DROPPED after he said that.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.