Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 14) | WINNER REVEALED + OTHER REVEALS

rl231

• ATRL Moderator
13 hours ago, Delirious said:

Omg i just saw the logo in HQ lol

@Elementyou snapped so hard my neck snapped i fear :jonny:

the checkerboard, gothic and haunting aesthetic but all magical and playful at the same time. genius

Thank you!! I really appreciate it! 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Seffers

• rl231

• EnterTheAttic

rRr4fG4.png?width=1410&height=1086

Welcome castaways to your 1st results show! Below will be the rankings for each round. 

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round. We will reveal who is on what tribe after we reveal the judges' scores.

With that said, here it is...

ready for the lashings

81o8wy.gif?ex=6544fec8&is=653289c8&hm=76

First batch of entries:

Alldeezy Three Days Grace - Me Against You
Armani Melanie Fiona - It Kills Me
Aurora Halsey - killing boys
Big Bad Wolf Lana del Rey - SERIAL KILLER
blackoutbaby Jazmine Sullivan - Bust Your Windows
Dr. Alexander Tamia - Go
EnterTheAttic P!nk - Revenge (feat. Eminem)
fiercE Maggie Rose - Looking Back Now

Three Days Grace - Me Against You

• Gateau - 2 - This is like if you went in a room and someone a few hours ago sprayed the vague mist of the theme, and you could still smell it lingering. Its somewhere in the vein but not really??
  • Luckystrike - 3 - I don’t think this is a good entry at all, I don’t see any sense of remorse in him and overall it seems like it’s more of a battle between both of them rather than an act of revenge.
  • Rotunda - 3.5 - You’ve hit the revenge piece, but you’re missing both the violent/crimnal act and the remorse piece. The song is just way too general for you to perform well here. The vibe of the song may be violent, but you don’t get points for that. 
  • Supaspaz - 2 - This song is very repetitive – and almost none of what it’s repeating aligns with the theme.

Melanie Fiona - It Kills Me

• Gateau - 6 - My problem with these lyrics is that she’s contemplating, but not actually going through with the actions, meaning a large part of the prompt is missing. And the actions she’s thinking of doing aren’t even that bad. The hesitation is there, but the other parts are not.
  • Luckystrike - 7 - It’s kinda there in the sense that she definitely contemplates revenge multiple times but it’s nothing violent/criminal like the prompt stated, but there’s definitely that sense of not wanting to because she still loves him so that was successfully met.
  • Rotunda - 6.5 - Yeah she wants revenge, yeah she has regret. No it isn’t violent. 
  • Supaspaz - 8 - So close. The revenge she contemplates isn’t extreme enough for a perfect score, but I definitely feel that emotional hesitation.

Halsey - killing boys

• Gateau - 6 - The revenge part is absolutely there, clear as day. But there’s zero remorse or hesitation. She’s just like “let’s **** him up!”
  • Luckystrike - 5 - You nailed half of the prompt so I’m giving you a 5. She wants revenge and to kill him but no remorse was found.
  • Rotunda - 7 - The Uma Thurman line bumps you up to a 7. 
  • Supaspaz - 6 - There’s a hint that Halsey might feel some remorse when she sings, “Then I stop, 'cause I don't wanna Uma Thurman your ass.” If she explored that more, I could give you a higher score.

Lana del Rey - SERIAL KILLER

• Gateau - 1 - Honey, you got a big storm comin’
  • Luckystrike - 1 - Ummm… yeah this doesn’t fit at all. She’s literally talking about luring random men into having sex with her and then killing them.
  • Rotunda - 1.5 - There’s no revenge, there’s no remorse, and the only violence in this song is metaphorical. Lana is explaining that she wants men to fall for her just for her to leave, she isn’t saying that she’s actually murdering people. 
  • Supaspaz - 1 - I really have no clue where you were going with this.

Jazmine Sullivan - Bust Your Windows

• Gateau - 7 - There is no regrets in her actions, so the revenge part is there and the criminal act definitely is too. But the twist of “and that’s bad of me </3” is not.
  • Luckystrike - 8.5 - Well yes! Maybe I needed a little bit more of that “why am I still crying?” feeling that she presents at the end to fully get the remorse part but overall I think it’s a solid choice.
  • Rotunda - 6 - She’s explicitly not sorry, which is actually worse than if she never mentioned being sorry at all. Points for the vandalism and obvious revenge. 
  • Supaspaz - 7 - An obvious choice, but she literally says she ain’t sorry multiple times, so you’re missing a key ingredient.

Tamia - Go

• Gateau - 6.5 - There was the opening with the car in the lake, and then the contemplation of laying his other chick out, but that’s pretty much it as far as the revenge goes. I also don’t sense any part of the remorse or hesitation. She’s sad because her relationship is a mess, but not sad because of her own actions.
  • Luckystrike - 7 - It’s okay, there’s definitely some mentions of violent revenge and a sense of hesitation, the thing is that it doesn’t really come from those acts of revenge, she just doesn’t know whether to leave him or not. Just take your 7 and go.
  • Rotunda - 5 -   There’s some quick allusions to violence and revenge, but nothing substantial, and the regret isn’t related to the revenge - just to her relationship overall. 
  • Supaspaz - 6.5 - I can point to lines that touch on all the elements of the theme, but it’s basically passing references. Revenge feels almost tangential to the song.

P!nk - Revenge (feat. Eminem)

• Gateau - 7 - Ya missed the twist B!
  • Luckystrike - 7 - I mean… kinda? I don’t really get a lot of remorse from it but it’s kind of playful and unserious and she seems aware that doing it won’t help/won’t really act on it so I guess there’s a bit of the hesitation needed in there.
  • Rotunda - 6 - There’s revenge. There’s no remorse. There’s metaphorical violence (stabbing, the general gesturing towards crime, and the employing of the story of Abel-Cain) but nothing concrete. 
  • Supaspaz - 7 - She’s certainly out for some (never specifically explained) revenge. Other than admitting, “I know it won’t fix a thing,” however, she doesn’t seem remotely remorseful.

Maggie Rose - Looking Back Now

• Gateau - 10 - Interesting take on the prompt.
  • Luckystrike - 10 - Okayyyy girlboss.
  • Rotunda - 10 - Works for me. 
  • Supaspaz - 10 - Oh damn. RIP murdering Maggie.
  • Like 2

well

6ueddv.gif

Second batch of entries:

Galaxy Billie Eilish - bellyache
gardendreams Summer Walker - I'll Kill You
Golden Hour Rihanna - Man Down
Hey Dude Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
HungryByTheBuffet Natalia Kills - Kill My Boyfriend
Kayseri Mantisi Tyler The Creator - New Magic Wand
Kyuti Namasenda - Unlimited Ammo
Lemon SheDAISY - A Night to Remember
lil hero SZA - Seek and Destroy

Billie Eilish - bellyache

• Gateau - 8 - idk I’m not HEAVILY getting the feelings of remorse, just hints of it, which is good enough for an 8, but it won’t take you all the way!
  • Luckystrike - 9 - It lacks depth but she clearly killed her ex and feels bad about it, slay!
  • Rotunda - 8.5 - The explicit violence is applied to how Billie disposes of her friends but not the lover. 
  • Supaspaz - 10 - A somewhat sarcastic spin on the theme, but it fits.

Summer Walker - I'll Kill You

• Gateau - 3 - Every time I hear this song it reminds me of when the nightly news reported on how Hailey posted this song at the same time Selena was stirring the pot and my grandmother laughed. She doesn’t know any of them. It was all just so ridiculous. Anyways, on the topic at hand I think this sliiiightly works because a lot of the song is vengeance directed at the girls coming between her and her man. But that’s not really what the core of the song is about. The regret and remorse part is definitely not there, saurrrrr.
  • Luckystrike - 1 - I’m sorry but this missed the mark completely, she is saying she’s so in love she would kill for this man NOT kill this man as an act of revenge, two completely different things babes.
  • Rotunda - 2.5 - The revenge would be on the girl who was talking to her man, not her man, which is off-base for this prompt. Partial credit for a theoretical act of violence towards someone. 
  • Supaspaz - 1 - Way off base. She would go to Hell or jail for this boy. That’s love, not revenge.

Rihanna - Man Down

• Gateau - 8 - This is good and works.
  • Luckystrike - 5 - I’m kinda torn on this because it fits the theme pretty well except the man she killed doesn’t really seem to be her ex? And that’s kinda the whole point? But then again it really does fit the rest of the theme. 
  • Rotunda - 8.5 - Violence (check), remorse (check), revenge (check), an ex (debatable)
  • Supaspaz - 8 - Given the implication that the shooting is revenge for a sexual assault, and the possibility that Rihanna is singing about an ex, I’ll be more generous with my score.

Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time

• Gateau - 4 - When I heard this song was submitted I thought it’d be The big mess of the round, but it really ended up not even being that bad in comparison to the others. Wow. The bar was truly lowered. Anyway, this scores high on the remorse aspect, ex aspect, but where is the revenge? She sings about doing things she regrets, but there’s no clue that it was motivated by a desire to “Get back”, only clueing in it had something to do with her pride.
  • Luckystrike - 3 - Where is the violence and the crime?
  • Rotunda - 3 - If you can turn back time, you should submit something on theme!
  • Supaspaz - 4 - Where is the revenge? This is just about the remorse Cher feels for the part she played in her relationship falling apart.

Natalia Kills - Kill My Boyfriend

• Gateau - 5 - First of all, wow these lyrics are a hassle not only to listen to, but to read as well. Whoa. Secondly, the remorse part is weirdly there but not really in the context it should be? The song isn’t really about what the prompt said it should be about. Idk why but this entry is so zany to me.
  • Luckystrike - 10 - What a horrible person! Of course @EriKills stans…
  • Rotunda - 6.5 - It’s violent but..it isn’t really vengeful beyond a throwaway line about how he’s only good in front of others . There’s also a throwaway line about remorse, but there’s not a ton of grappling. She also isn’t aiming this at an ex though I guess he’d become an ex eventually…
  • Supaspaz - 3 - Not only is she not taking revenge on an ex, but Natalia is positively gleeful at the thought of killing her current boyfriend so she can get back together with him.

Tyler The Creator - New Magic Wand

• Gateau - 6 - Definitely missing the remorse part and I’m not too sure the vengeance is directed at the target that fits the prompt, but you know. Its not a complete disaster.
  • Luckystrike - 7 - I feel like this is not the strongest entry for a few reasons, it’s quite wordy so it doesn’t get the point across as concisely as others, and he mainly talks about someone he’s already in a relationship with and he’s begging them not to leave him, he does threaten with violence if they do so I guess it works in that aspect.
  • Rotunda - 6? Chile idk - Tyler’s lover isn’t an ex. The revenge is more on the lover’s ex, but I guess does impact the lover. There is a reference to violence towards the lover though, which may also count as revenge. I don’t see remorse. 
  • Supaspaz - 2 - The connection is tenuous at best. Tyler is the other man, seething with jealousy over being the side piece and threatening to off his love interest’s girl so they can finally be together.

Namasenda - Unlimited Ammo

• Gateau - 2 - Lol, no. This doesn’t really work at all for the prompt. There’s a whiff of violence and you got a point for that, but otherwise No.
  • Luckystrike - 3 - This was kinda nothing? I don’t really get it like at all, song bangs tho.
  • Rotunda - 4.5 - You can make a case for a higher or lower score than this but the song itself should be making the case not me. There’s violence but it’s not super explicit. There’s hurt parties but not necessarily revenge. There’s still lingering love but not necessarily regret.
  • Supaspaz - 2 - What made you choose this, other than the line “You hurt me but I hurt you, too”?

SheDAISY - A Night to Remember

• Gateau - 5 - No regrets and this is not really from the perspective of the narrator which was kinda written in the prompt so I took off a point.
  • Luckystrike - 6 - At first I thought this was a very good fit but the more it progressed, the worse it got. She seems to be looking forward to this murder which is not really what we were looking for, there is no remorse or hesitation.
  • Rotunda - 6.5 - No Regrets 
  • Supaspaz - 7 - Extreme! She doesn’t seem to have any regrets, though, given that she killed herself right alongside him.

SZA - Seek and Destroy

• Gateau - 4 - I… I don’t know. This is definitely not a straightforward one. From what I can parse through it, it seems as though she’s ******* up her relationship? But it’s not really necessarily fueled as a desire for revenge, and she explains as such “Now that I’ve ruined everything, I’m so fuckin free/space is all I need”, it seems as though its more of a desire to escape her relationship rather than seek to damage an ex.
  • Luckystrike - 2 - If I’m not mistaken this is just about a toxic/damaged relationship, I can’t really find any aspects of violent revenge on an ex and feeling remorse over it.
  • Rotunda - 6 - She’s remorseful but I’m not fully sure if she’s getting revenge, nor if it’s violent, or if she’s just breaking things off. 
  • Supaspaz - 6 - Too vague to be a home run, but thematically, it’s a double. She hates to do it, but she had to do it to him!
Edited by rl231

Final batch of entries:

MusicLoverDude Olivia Rodrigo - get him back!
Queen Nicki Minaj - Fire Burns
rickycabello123 Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
Seffers Amy LaVere - Killing Him
stupidjock Summer Walker - Karma
Titsanny Cardi B - Thru Your Phone
ZORBIT Madalen Duke - How Villains Are Made

Olivia Rodrigo - get him back!

• Gateau - 7.5 - She explains her reasons for revenge and the desire to get back at him, and the ways she’ll do it, but its really kind of just an up and down relationship rather than a plot for revenge. There’s a hint of remorse, but its not because of her actions, its because her friends would be disappointed. 
  • Luckystrike - 10 - She wants to commit vandalism and physical aggression but she’s still down bad… my sister.
  • Rotunda - 9 - I don’t think she has remorse for the bad things she does, she just wants to simultaneously hurt him and have him, which is a valuable distinction. 
  • Supaspaz - 10 - [double entendre voice] Get his ass, Liv!

Nicki Minaj - Fire Burns

• Gateau - 2 - This is really not the prompt at all. You get a point for it at least being about negative feelings directed to an ex.
  • Luckystrike - 1 - She’s not planning revenge, she’s just wishing the worst on her ex and feels no remorse about it. 
  • Rotunda - 1.5 - https://www.icanread.com/
  • Supaspaz - 1 - It’s always important to read beyond the title.

Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats

• Gateau - 4 - I knewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww this would be sent. I knew it. Well, first off, the song explicitly states this is paranoia. Not that he has actually done the action. Its also clearly not about an ex, if he’s gearing up to cheat on her. There’s also zero remorse. 
  • Luckystrike - 5 - Jesus this is such a CLASSICCCCCCCC, with that said, there is absolutely no remorse or hesitation to be found so you sadly only nailed half of the prompt.
  • Rotunda - 6.5 - Violent and vengeful, but not remourseful. 
  • Supaspaz - 7 - I’m sure this was the first song that a lot of people thought of with this prompt, but it misses the nuance of the theme. Carrie doesn’t have a lick of remorse.

Amy LaVere - Killing Him

• Gateau - 9 - Docked a point for it not being from the perspective of the killer x. When the prompt clearly writes it has to be the narrator singing it, you should probably follow that, although, they won’t all have to be from the narrator!
  • Luckystrike - 10 - This obscure ass choice, work.
  • Rotunda - 8.5 - “She’d have to kill him to get him to stay” makes me think it wasn’t out of revenge but a crime of passion done in the heat of the moment. 
  • Supaspaz - 9 - One point deduction, because she kills her husband, not an ex.

Summer Walker - Karma

• Gateau - 4 - This is not really an ex but it kinda fits?
  • Luckystrike - 3 - There is no violent act of revenge in here, and from what I can gather, she’s talking about one night stands, not really someone she used to be with.
  • Rotunda - 2.5 - This vague ass song 
  • Supaspaz - 5 - This is more of a cosmic revenge on a dude who mistreated all of his previous partners.

Cardi B - Thru Your Phone

• Gateau - 6 - Damn, not even with bad *******… Well, the song isnt about an ex (yet) nor is it regretful so, this is the appropriate score.
  • Luckystrike - 7 - This would’ve been a 10 if she mentioned any feelings of hesitation or remorse, I’m not giving you a 5 though because you can definitely feel her hurt in some lines so I guess that adds up a little.
  • Rotunda - 5 - She’s doing everything but leaving this man. It’s violent and vengeful, but it’s explicitly not about an ex or someone she wants to make an ex, nor is there remorse. 
  • Supaspaz - 6 - Again, an important distinction to make: Cardi is lashing out at her boyfriend after she discovers he’s been cheating on her, while the prompt called for songs about taking revenge on an ex.

Madalen Duke - How Villains Are Made

• Gateau - 1 - What does this have to do with anything…..????????
  • Luckystrike - 1 - What? I’m struggling to see any correlation at all.
  • Rotunda - 1.5 - There’s some violence. There’s not much else.
  • Supaspaz - 1 - What the hell is this?

Final results coming up!

Just now, rl231 said:

Tyler The Creator - New Magic Wand

• Gateau - 6 - Definitely missing the remorse part and I’m not too sure the vengeance is directed at the target that fits the prompt, but you know. Its not a complete disaster.
  • Luckystrike - 7 - I feel like this is not the strongest entry for a few reasons, it’s quite wordy so it doesn’t get the point across as concisely as others, and he mainly talks about someone he’s already in a relationship with and he’s begging them not to leave him, he does threaten with violence if they do so I guess it works in that aspect.
  • Rotunda - 6? Chile idk - Tyler’s lover isn’t an ex. The revenge is more on the lover’s ex, but I guess does impact the lover. There is a reference to violence towards the lover though, which may also count as revenge. I don’t see remorse. 
  • Supaspaz - 2 - The connection is tenuous at best. Tyler is the other man, seething with jealousy over being the side piece and threatening to off his love interest’s girl so they can finally be together.

@supaspaz

:confused:

Genius description:

9tympcK.jpg

Game theme description: You will be sending songs where the narrator expresses that they want to get revenge on their ex through a violent or criminal act. However, they also must express that they still have some remorse for this heinous act. Perhaps they still love the person they are hurting, or perhaps they realize that it's not a good idea to do this. Either way - we want violence with a sense of regret or hesitation.

The remorse part is literally here @Gateau @Rotunda

3hp4uG5.jpg

Just now, Kayseri Mantisi said:

@supaspaz

Genius description:

9tympcK.jpg

Game theme description: You will be sending songs where the narrator expresses that they want to get revenge on their ex through a violent or criminal act. However, they also must express that they still have some remorse for this heinous act. Perhaps they still love the person they are hurting, or perhaps they realize that it's not a good idea to do this. Either way - we want violence with a sense of regret or hesitation.

3hp4uG5.jpg

get ha queen

• Thanks 2

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among all players, and finally who will be heading to Tribal Council this round.

But first...we have to spill a little secret.

Well, a big one because it'll dictate the rest of the game. Remember how we don't have tribes. WELL, now we do.

Your tribes were determined by nothing other than your scores! That's right, this first round made a massive difference in this game. The top 8 will be one tribe, the middle 8 will be another tribe, and the bottom 8 will be the last tribe.

If you are in the bottom 8, you WILL be attending Tribal Council.

And with that, scores are coming on the next post... 

4 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

@supaspaz

Genius description:

9tympcK.jpg

3hp4uG5.jpg

Please Google remorse 

• Haha 1

Wow I actually got good scores :jonny:

Now, revealing the top 8 scores that are SAFE at this next Tribal Council AND on the same tribe (as well as a congrats!)...

1. fiercE - 10

2. MusicLoverDude - 9.13

2. Seffers - 9.13

4. Galaxy - 8.88

5. blackoutbaby - 7.13

6. Golden Hour - 7

7. Armani - 6.88

7. EnterTheAttic - 6.88

And now...congrats to the next 8 to be safe and are on the same tribe. If you are not part of this group of 8, you're headed to Tribal Council!

9. Dr. Alexander - 6.25

10. HungryByTheBuffet - 6.13

10. Lemon - 6.13

12. Aurora - 6

13. Titsanny - 6

14. rickycabello123 - 5.63

15. Kayseri Mantisi - 5.25

16. lil hero - 4.5

Unfortunately, it means that this group of people below are headed to Tribal Council...

17. stupidjock - 3.63

18. Hey Dude - 3.5

19. Kyuti - 2.88

20. Alldeezy - 2.63

21. gardendreams - 1.88

22. Queen - 1.38

23. ZORBIT - 1.13

24. Big Bad Wolf - 1

When you are ready (@stupidjock @Hey Dude @Kyuti @Alldeezy @gardendreams @Queen. @ZORBIT @Big Bad Wolf), please DM us in the Discord chat you submitted your entry in. If you fail to vote within the time period, you will incur a self-vote. Please also include a bootlist from who you most want out to who you least out, alongside with your vote (if you haven't already). 

Please use the parchment image below and write/type the name of your vote by using photo editing software! If you change your mind, simply send us another PM with an updated choice for elimination. Votes will be due at 12 AM EST on Friday, October 27th (around 24 hours from now!). Good luck!

RT_zjk35iHDLx5rxvEydqskT8AjMqJihnrIc4Wj6

Edited by rl231
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rotunda said:

Please Google remorse 

Google: deep regret or guilt for a wrong committed

What Tyler is doing: after the wrong things he did, he feels remorse and doesn't want her to leave

5 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Google: deep regret or guilt for a wrong committed

What Tyler is doing: after the wrong things he did, he feels remorse and doesn't want her to leave

Not only has Tyler not done anything by the time he says this…him begging someone to stay =/= regret for what he did. 

22 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Not only has Tyler not done anything by the time he says this…him begging someone to stay =/= regret for what he did. 

So are we using the time marks of the song as a timeline now? :rip:  makes zero sense.

if we look at it that way, that part is the chorus. you should inspect the song's general theme and meaning.

begging for someone to stay after threatening to kill them is nothing but regret. 

an example for you to understand better: if someone wants to kill someone, then begs for them to stay instead, it's nothing but regret.

Edited by Kayseri Mantisi

Just now, Kayseri Mantisi said:

So are we using the time marks of the song as a timeline now? :rip:  makes zero sense.

if we look at it that way, that part is the chorus, which also comes after him threatening to kill her. 

begging for someone to stay after threatening to kill them is nothing but regret. 

an example for you to understand better: if I want to kill Rotunda, then I beg for Rotunda to stay, it's nothing but regret.

It makes more sense than whatever the hell you’re talking about. 

Now, if you invested this much energy into picking a song that any of the four judges thought was strong, maybe you’d have scored higher. Regret that. 

18 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

if we look at it that way, that part is the chorus. you should inspect the song's general theme and meaning.

an example for you to understand better: if someone wants to kill someone, then begs for them to stay instead, it's nothing but regret.

if your entry is not straightforward and concise enough that you have to explain it with paragraphs and dissertations then it's not a good entry.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.