1 vote Devon, 1 vote EnterTheAttic.

Third vote...

Pf3TxzE-2.png?ex=65685d65&is=6555e865&hm

2 votes Devon, 1 vote EnterTheAttic.

Fourth vote...

Pf3TxzE.png?ex=6567f826&is=65558326&hm=5

2 votes Devon, 2 votes EnterTheAttic.

Fifth and final vote...

And the 11th person voted out of ATRL Survivor...

Untitled.png?ex=656756aa&is=6554e1aa&hm=

Devon, the tribe has spoken.

IMG_1746.thumb.png.f2e5c7b43334788f6d355

Thanks for playing!

rRr4fG4.png?width=1410&height=1086

@Alldeezy @Armani? @Aurora @blackoutbaby @EnterTheAttic @fiercE

@gardendreams @Golden Hour @Kyuti @MusicLoverDude @Seffers @Titsanny @ZORBIT

Welcome to Round 8!

The theme is...

DROP YOUR BUFFS!!!!

WE ARE MERGED!!

You all have made it to the individual portion of the game here. No more tribes! It's all about you!

You all have two tasks:

1) You have to make a new magic-themed tribe name.

2) You MUST make a bootlist with everyone by the next vote.

Congrats!!

• ATRL Moderator

@Alldeezy @Armani? @Aurora @blackoutbaby @Devon Robot @EnterTheAttic @fiercE

@gardendreams @Golden Hour @Kyuti @MusicLoverDude @Seffers @Titsanny @ZORBIT

Welcome castaways to your 7th results show! The judges have scored all of your entries out of 10, and I will now reveal their comments and scores.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round. 

With that said, here it is…

• ATRL Moderator

Houdini

Armani - Woody Guthrie - The Blinding of Isaac Woodward

EnterTheAttic - Beartooth - Relapsing

Alldeezy - Machine Gun Kelly - Glass House

fiercE - Doug Supernaw - State Fair

Kyuti - Demi Lovato - Still Alive

Aurora - Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water

Devon Robot - Sentenced - Vengeance Is Mine

Woody Guthrie - The Blinding of Isaac Woodward

• Gateau - 3 - Traumatic situation, yes. Near death, skin of his teeth? Production with a tense atmosphere? no.
  • Luckystrike - 4 - First of all, the main focus of the lyrics is the story, not the fact that he was close to dying which wasn’t even clearly stated, and then, it sounds like a lullaby so I assume you didn’t read the second half of the prompt, womp womp.
  • Rotunda - 5 - It’s a near death experience in the sense that some of the experiences could have resulted in death, but each experience on its own wasn’t within an inch of death. Production also isn’t deathlike. 
  • Supaspaz - 6 - This incident certainly had the potential to end in tragedy, but if the narrator ever came close to death, it’s not stated. The song is also rather tranquil, as folk music tends to be.

Beartooth - Relapsing

• Gateau - 6 - Near death? Yes. But the prompt makes it quite clear this situation must be in hindsight, writing from the perspective of someone who survived the brush with death, whereas this song repeatedly is uncertain of survival.
  • Luckystrike - 7 - I feel like it’s kinda vague? Like yeah he survived but he barely looks back at it in a clear way.
  • Rotunda - 7 - Wrong tense 
  • Supaspaz - 8 - Well, that was terrible. I felt suicidal, too.

Machine Gun Kelly - Glass House

• Gateau - 7 - I’m just going to chalk up all the other nonsense said in this song as a buildup to the suicide attempt, which keeps this score from getting any lower. But yes this is a seven, as there is a lot of lyrical “clutter” instead of the song being directly about the brush with death.
  • Luckystrike - 5 - See the issue for me is that the fact that he survived the attempt was not the main focus of the song, it was just mentioned in one verse as a consequence of every other thing that he talks about in the song, I also think it didn’t sound very tense.
  • Rotunda - 8 - We got there eventually 
  • Supaspaz - 8.5 - The third verse took a very dark turn, which finally got us to what this round was asking for.

Doug Supernaw - State Fair

• Gateau - 6 - I understand when you’re looking for a song to really tell a story, country is the genre which gives you the largest repository of materials, but when the prompt is also asking for intense production its best not to submit an After School Special jingle. Lyrically, the song is a nonevent you tell a friend and the friend says “Damn thats crazy”
  • Luckystrike - 6 - I’m judging based on a 6/4 criteria (6 for lyrics and 4 for sonics) so there’s your 6.
  • Rotunda - 7 - The sonics don’t give near death
  • Supaspaz - 7 - You checked the boxes, just barely. Choosing a country song automatically puts you at a disadvantage with the sonic criteria. So not a super yeah for me, but good enough.

Demi Lovato - Still Alive

• Gateau - 8.5 - Vague about the experience itself, otherwise checks out
  • Luckystrike - 8 - Vague [3] but it works.
  • Rotunda - 8 - It’s a lil vague but cool
  • Supaspaz - 9 - Damn, how many songs about almost dying does this girl have? One point deduction because it lacks specificity about her near-death experience.

Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water

• Gateau - 6 - Vague to an absurd degree and doesn’t satisfy the prompt’s expectation of it being something narrated as survived in the past.
  • Luckystrike - 7 - Very superficial take on the theme (see what I did there?)
  • Rotunda - 4 - Way too metaphotical and not even past tense.
  • Supaspaz - 10 - **** them ticks.

Sentenced - Vengeance Is Mine

• Gateau - 7 - There is a very fuzzy line between recounting an experience and total metaphor that I’m thinking is being crossed a bit here. I’m going to meet the narrator somewhere in the middle.
  • Luckystrike - 6 - Quite off base but it has hints of the theme, it’s also quite vague when looking at those hints, but it sounds like death yes.
  • Rotunda - 5 - Yeah I’m not seeing what everyone else is. 
  • Supaspaz - 7 - The focus here is more on revenge than surviving a near-death experience, which is vaguely what the narrator seems to be describing with this assault.

• ATRL Moderator

Tamariz

MusicLoverDude - Demi Lovato - Dancing With the Devil

Titsanny - Thrice - The Artist In The Ambulance

gardendreams - Devour The Day - Handshakes To Fist Fights

Golden Hour - Tori Amos - Me and A Gun

blackoutbaby - Stan Ridgway - Camouflage

Seffers - Third Eye Blind - My Hit and Run

ZORBIT - Eminem - Going Through Changes

Demi Lovato - Dancing With the Devil

• Gateau - 10 - There she goes, playing the victim again…
  • Luckystrike - 10 - The fact that she was the example and had another 10 for this theme in her repertoire (and might even have more)
  • Rotunda - 10 - Yes 
  • Supaspaz - 10 - Another Demi song?! This poor girl has had it rough.

Thrice - The Artist In The Ambulance

• Gateau - 10 - This is basically exactly what I was looking for when I read the theme. You go Glen Coco!
  • Luckystrike - 10 - Work diva.
  • Rotunda - 10 - A nearly slayed slay 
  • Supaspaz - 10 - Exactly.

Devour The Day - Handshakes To Fist Fights

• Gateau - 8 - Wouldn’t say this specificalllyyyyy about the neardeath experience apart from the opener, but it works well enough.
  • Luckystrike - 8 - Another very vague take that I can’t really deduct any more points from because it works.
  • Rotunda - 8 - Need more explicitly call outs to the theme
  • Supaspaz - 9 - Thematically and sonically strong, though a bit general.

Tori Amos - Me and A Gun

• Gateau - 8 - NDE, intensity in delivery, but not really looking back on it and saying “phew, got out of that one”. We don’t know if she survived this ordeal, we only know that she intends to.
  • Luckystrike - 10 - Oh this gave me a bit of chills yeah.
  • Rotunda - 10 - I understand Gateau’s perspective, but I do think the run in with a man counts as a NDE on its own. 
  • Supaspaz - 10 - She mothered this one. The a cappella arrangement is tense and gripping and more dramatic than any heavy rock production.

Stan Ridgway - Camouflage

• Gateau - 8 - The military is a perfect setting for this theme. The production is not.
  • Luckystrike - 9 - The way he told the story was kinda gay as hell like? His ass definitely fell in love with Camouflage.
  • Rotunda - 9.5 - I think the production kinda puts me in the mind of like those cowboy epics, which do contain a lot of run-ins with death. 
  • Supaspaz - 8 - Multiple near-death experiences for the price of the one, but the music is goofy as hell. I kept waiting for the narrator to **** his big Marine.

Third Eye Blind - My Hit and Run

• Gateau - 10 - Slayed me harder than he slayed the motorist.
  • Luckystrike - 10 - Pretty great.
  • Rotunda - 10 - Good job
  • Supaspaz - 10 - Best entry of the round.

Eminem - Going Through Changes

• Gateau - 9 - My mind is insane, it won’t let me shake the feeling of hearing these lyrics through the lens of menopause. Anywho, the song itself has a lot of other tragedy in it that sort of dilutes the contral theme, but it hits where it needs to hit.
  • Luckystrike - 8 - Way too much is happening here, at first I thought it suffered from the same issue as the MGK entry which was a lot of buildup, then the second half was way better, then I realized the underlying topic which took me out of it a little, so it had too many small details that prevented it from being a great entry.
  • Rotunda - 9 - A lot’s going on here. 
  • Supaspaz - 9 - A song of grief for a dead friend with a near-death experience inside of it, though a very vivid one.

Final results coming up.

• ATRL Moderator

FINAL RESULTS

Houdini - 6.64

Tamariz - 9.30

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally the overall tribe averages.

HOUDINI:

1. Kyuti - 8.38 - IMMUNE

2. Alldeezy - 7.13

3. EnterTheAttic - 7.00

4. Aurora - 6.75

5. fiercE - 6.50

6. Devon Robot - 6.25

7. Armani - 4.50

TAMARIZ:

1. MusicLoverDude - 10.00

1. Titsanny - 10.00

1. Seffers - 10.00

4. Golden Hour - 9.50

5. blackoutbaby - 8.63

6. ZORBIT - 8.75

7. gardendreams - 8.25

NOTE: If Tamariz went to tribal council, the judges would have voted on the best entry of the 3 tens. That person would have been immune.

OVERALL RANK:

1. MusicLoverDude - 10 (=)

1. Seffers - 10 (+10)

1. Titsanny - 10 (+2)

4. Golden Hour - 9.5 (+1)

5. ZORBIT - 8.75 (+10)

6. blackoutbaby - 8.625 (+2)

7. Kyuti - 8.375 (+5)

8. gardendreams - 8.25 (-4)

9. Alldeezy - 7.125 (-1)

10. EnterTheAttic - 7 (-3)

11. Aurora - 6.75 (+2)

12. fiercE - 6.5 (-4)

13. Devon Robot - 6.25 (+1)

14. Armani - 4.5 (-12)

CUMULATIVE RANK:

1. Golden Hour - 8.98
  2. MusicLoverDude - 8.91
  3. Galaxy - 8.73
  4. fiercE - 8.30
  5. blackoutbaby - 7.86
  6. Kyuti - 7.66
  7. Seffers - 7.46
  8. Alldeezy - 7.21
  9. gardendreams - 7.20
  10. Titsanny - 7.00
  11. EnterTheAttic - 6.95
  12. Armani - 6.89
  13. Aurora - 6.89
  14. Lemon - 6.83
  15. HungryByTheBuffet - 6.28
  16. ZORBIT - 5.88
  17. stupidjock - 5.81
  18. Dr. Alexander - 5.77
  19. Devon Robot - 5.25
  20. Hey Dude - 5.21
  21. rickycabello123 - 3.46
  22. Kayseri Mantisi - 3.13
  23. Queen - 1.38
  24. Big Bad Wolf - 1.00

Castaways, welcome to the eighth challenge of Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 14) and your FIRST as a merged tribe!!

Before we get started with the challenge, we wanted to preface something. We are now at the MERGE phase of this game. What this means is that this has now become an individual game, and there'll be NO MORE TRIBES! You will be playing for yourself (which you should've been doing anyways), and you'll also be going to Tribal Council all together, where you will have to vote someone out every round until we get to the Final Tribal Council. At the Final Tribal Council, the people who were eliminated, starting this round and up until the final person voted out at final 4, will become our jury. The jury will vote for a winner, based on their social, strategic, and physical game (amidst other things). There will be twists and DIFFERENT challenges, meaning variation (more than just sending songs!) and some non-music-based challenges are upon us. Buckle up! Now, onto the challenge...

The theme for Round 8 is:

Welcome To My...

This round, we are focusing on the intros of songs. Your job is to find an intro that you believe kicks the song off in an engaging manner, that draws the listener in and leaves them wanting more. Vocals and production can be taken into consideration. The judges will rank all the entries, instead of rating them out of 10. The panel will not be judging based on how well we like the song; rather, they will focus on how interesting the intro is and how well it makes the listener want to check out more of the song. For example, some great songs have weak intros; so just because your song is great, it will not guarantee a high mark. If you land in the top 3 of the final rankings, you will be IMMUNE from Tribal Council and cannot be voted out.

A few song requirements:

1) The songs you choose must be released in 2013-2017.

2) The songs do NOT need to be the intro track of an album. We are focused on the introductory seconds of individual songs.

3) The intro must be 15 seconds long at a minimum.

4) The intro must be distinct from the first verse. It cannot overlap.

Please DM us on Discord the Spotify link, as well as the time stamp of the intro for it to be considered a full, official entry. If you only do part of this, it will be incomplete and can be taken by someone else.

What To Do:

Once your song is selected, DM both of the hosts the artist and title of your song, as well as the times of the intro and a link. You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit.

We encourage you to send a back-up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track. As always, you CANNOT change your song once you submit.

Take Into Consideration:

The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score. The song you choose should display the theme upfront. An interview with your artist will not be taken into consideration.

Both hosts have selected an example for this round (disclaimer: these are from the last iteration of this, which was 2018 to 2023!)!

@rl231's Example:

"Cuz I Love You" by Lizzo

This intro kicks off the song in a bombastic fashion, showcasing Lizzo’s vocal and a stomper of a production. It keeps you in and makes you want to hear the rest of the song.

@Element's Example:

"Welcome To My Island" by Caroline Polachek

This intro is incredibly memorable and layered, with Caroline treating us to powerful vocals and exceptional high notes. If I heard this first 20 seconds on New Music Friday, I would definitely stick around for more because it's so unique and engaging!!

You have until 5 PM EST on November 17th (~23 hours). Good luck!

Edited by rl231

• ATRL Moderator

HYPNOSIS (MERGE'S VERSION)

hypnosis.gif

Time for another dose of hypnotic fun! Over the next day, you will have the opportunity to become a master of this mentalist art-form through a brief challenge - different from the previous two hypnosis challenges. The person who completes this challenge the most accurately (time will be the tiebreaker) will win the power of hypnosis -- where you will be given the ability to control someone else's vote at one of the next two tribal councils. Effectively, you will cancel out their vote and cast one of your own instead.

If you win, you may decline to use the power, but you are not allowed to transfer this power over to another player.

In order to start the challenge, you will go to your Discord confessional and follow these steps:

1) Type in /stopwatch to begin your time.

2) Type in the command below with your name in it. This will open your unique challenge link:

Spoiler

!hypnosis8alldeezy

!hypnosis8armani

!hypnosis8aurora

!hypnosis8blackoutbaby

!hypnosis8entertheattic

!hypnosis8fierce

!hypnosis8gardendreams

!hypnosis8goldenhour

!hypnosis8kyuti

!hypnosis8musicloverdude

!hypnosis8seffers

!hypnosis8titsanny

!hypnosis8zorbit

3) Complete the challenge and post your submission in your confessional.

4) Type in /stopwatch again to end your time. This final stopwatch time will be used to determine the winner in the case of a tie.

The deadline for your hypnosis challenge submissions will be 8 AM EST (~24 hours) on Monday, November 20th.

If you have any questions, please let the hosts know!

@Alldeezy @Armani? @Aurora @blackoutbaby @EnterTheAttic @fiercE

@gardendreams @Golden Hour @Kyuti @MusicLoverDude @Seffers @Titsanny @ZORBIT

Happy Holidays

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.