Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Seffers

• rl231

• EnterTheAttic

• ATRL Moderator
37 minutes ago, rl231 said:

rRr4fG4.png?width=1410&height=1086

You all have made it to the top 16, congratulations!! You're that much closer to getting to the end. In Survivor, you have to be ready for anything, so this shouldn't be a shock to anyone, but...

DROP YOUR BUFFS! 

It's time to swap tribes! Copperfield is no more, but Tamariz and Houdini live on!

For your new tribes, they have been sorted already, and it's based on how well you did last round. Removing Dr. Alexander, those who ranked with an odd number go on one tribe, and the evens go on another. For those that tied for first, you were sorted by the randomize feature from Google Sheets.

The new tribes are...

Tamariz

gardendreams

Titsanny

Golden Hour

Seffers

HungryByTheBuffet

MusicLoverDude

blackoutbaby

ZORBIT

Houdini

Alldeezy

fiercE

Aurora

Armani

Kyuti

EnterTheAttic

Lemon

Devon Robot

The new round will be posted TONIGHT at midnight EDT. For now, we'll be setting you up in new tribe chats. As always, you are no longer allowed to talk to others on the opposite tribe. If you do that, there will be serious consequences. Good luck!

bumping this to the new page

Castaways, welcome to the fifth challenge of Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 14)!

Immunity is back up for grabs. Let’s get started!

The theme for Round 5 is...

30 Going on 13

"Time is just an invention man has made"

This round, we're looking for songs where the narrator doesn't want to act their age. Despite physical aging, maintaining a youthful energy is all about their attitude and approach to life. We specifically want songs where the narrator references how time is nothing but a construct and how they don't need to act their age, as a result. The strongest entries will include reference to childlike concepts.

What To Do:
Once your song is selected, PM both of the hosts the artist and title of your song on Discord in our group DM. You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit.

There are many of you playing this game. You guys are bound to submit the same songs at some point and because no one can occupy the same song, we encourage you to send a back-up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track.

IMPORTANT NOTE: ONCE YOU SEND A SONG THAT IS AVAILABLE, YOUR CHOICE IS LOCKED AND YOU MAY NOT SWITCH. AGAIN, YOU CANNOT SWITCH SONGS. IF SOMEONE TAKES YOUR SONG FIRST, THAT IS WHEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ONE, SO PLEASE SUBMIT A BACK-UP.

Take Into Consideration:
The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score as some music video plots differ from a song's true meaning.

The theme is what is important here. You will not receive a low score because you sent in a song one of the judges does not like. Taste will at the most be the difference between an 8.5 or a 9. We will never dock off multiple points based off mere preference.

The song you choose should display the meaning upfront. An interview with your artist clarifying the meaning of the song will not be taken into consideration.

Judging Scale (May Vary By Judge):
9/10 – Great entry. Track displays the theme given head on.
8 – Good entry. Displays theme well but not as well as others.
7 – Okay entry. Fits decently but is missing something overall.
6 – Somewhat tackles the theme but falls flat.
5 – Track mentions theme but is otherwise off–base.
3/4 – Song does not hit the theme given besides a line or two.
1/2 – Song has to do with a completely different subject than the theme.

We will supply an example for each round for you all to take inspiration from. Obviously no one can select this song as their entry.

The example for this round is "Act My Age" from Katy Perry's Witness (Target exclusive edition)

The example for this round is "Act My Age" by Katy Perry. In this Target exclusive bonus track that most people have never heard of, Katy confidently declares how age is just a number and that she wants to continue embracing/expressing youthful energy. She makes multiple references to childlike concepts; for example, she underscores the importance of imagination and wonder. She talks about how her "reflection is out of date" but acknowledges that "time is just an invention". As such, she embraces a youthful attitude and point of view, which allows her to maintain "saucer-wide eyes" and a "sparkle in her steps."

The tribe with the highest overall average will be immune from tribal council. The highest scoring contestant from the losing tribe will also be immune.

Your song submissions are due in <20 hours (8 PM EDT) on Tuesday, November 8th.

Good luck and please let the hosts know if you have any questions!

Just now, Hey Dude said:

YES this is one of my faves by Katheryn 

...it is??? That's interesting.

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

oh wow oh wow!!!! the obscure

8 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

Poki you're really a lovely eccentric human. 

love that. 

• ATRL Moderator

change-outfit-americas-got-talent.gif

This round, we are going to experience one of the most popular, crowd-pleasing acts within the world of magic! You are going to become masters of the art of quick change.

Over the next 24 hours (from 10:30 PM EST on Tuesday to 10:30 PM EST on Wednesday), one of the hosts will post the above quick change GIF and an instruction in the #general channel on Discord. The instruction will guide you to change your Discord avatar in a particular way -- for example, "quick change to someone wearing a black dress". Once that post is made, you have 3 minutes to update your Discord profile/avatar with the instructed "quick change". You must take a screenshot of your newly updated profile, and then post that screenshot in your Discord confessional. If your screenshot is posted within 3 minutes from the prompt, you will have performed a successful quick change! Each successful quick change is worth one point.

After 24 hours, the person on each tribe with the most points / most successful quick changes will win an exciting advantage in the game! This is an optional challenge, but also very recommended!

NOTES
- You are allowed to change your profile back after you post your screenshot.
- You are NOT allowed to edit your messages after they are sent. If your message has an "edited" tag on it, then it will not count.
- We will be using Discord time stamps to track the posts -- there is a way for us to see the exact second too.

If you have any questions, let the hosts know!

• Like 1

Can it just be the server dp or does it have to be overall 

• ATRL Moderator
32 minutes ago, Alldeezy said:

Can it just be the server dp or does it have to be overall 

Let's do overall since server profile changes are restricted to Nitro users

Just now, Element said:

Let's do overall since server profile changes are restricted to Nitro users

okies xD  Other servers are going to be like ... is she okay :fan:

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Alldeezy said:

okies xD  Other servers are going to be like ... is she okay :fan:

haha a little bit of craziness over the next day

3 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

Can I come back to the main chat

Nh8JmQu.thumb.gif.54a5d0ac15c71b8b6ad348

You got removed???

2 minutes ago, EnterTheAttic said:

You got removed???

Yeah I can't post there because I got eliminated, that's why I spam those emoji reacts :'(

• Thumbs Down 1

I will attempT but lemme just say my technological reach is limited as I'm far from home so all these challenges are pissing me off cause I know I would otherwise excel

PCU1BR5.gif

11 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

Yeah I can't post there because I got eliminated, that's why I spam those emoji reacts :'(

Ooh no, that sucks! Eliminated contestants should still be able to interract with users on Discord. 

thats how I felt with Big Brother T_T but worst part was after I was eliminated! all the other eliminated members got another channel than me and I was totally alone :weeps:

6 hours ago, EnterTheAttic said:

Ooh no, that sucks! Eliminated contestants should still be able to interract with users on Discord. 

Nah....they shouldn't lol. There's a pre-jury channel that they get, but once they're out, they're not allowed to talk to the contestants. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.