Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Seffers

• rl231

• EnterTheAttic

9 hours ago, Element said:

Houdini

Armani - Jazmine Sullivan - Masterpiece

• Gateau - 3 - This is basically the antithesis of the theme. Its about making herself better and being a work in progress, but not about loving herself despite what other’s expectations of her are.
  • luckystrike - 5 - It has that aspect of her getting over her insecurities and now being able to love herself no matter what people say but unfortunately she doesn’t call out any sort of specific struggle or beauty standard that she fought against.
  •  

Now why are the judges disagreeing on what the song is about.

This song was pretty straight forward :deadbanana2:Get it together @Gateau plz. 

If only we could get back the first eliminators in exchange for these new ones...

anyway, rip ricky... poki

IKhFnwx.gif

rRr4fG4.png?width=1410&height=1086

Welcome to Round 3 - The Judges' Reviews Recap 

Where your favorite girl in STEM will be taking a deeper look into how the judges reviews compare to each other! Are there any significant differences in data? You'll find out here.

We'll be taking a look at round 3, where your judges were @Gateau @luckystrike @Rotunda @supaspaz

Who was the most generous judge? 

It's a tie!! @luckystrike and @supaspaz had an average score of 6.575

Who was the most critical judge? 

For a second time in a row .... @Gateau with a 6.45 average score in Round 3!

Third place was Rotunda with a 6.55

Which song had the judges most divided? 

@ZORBIT your submission was the most polarizing, with a 4.5 point difference.

@Lemon your submission was 2nd, with a 4 point difference (your second time here, a polarizing king)

@Alldeezy your submission was the 3rd biggest point difference with a 3.5 point difference. 

Houdini received the most consistent scoring, while Copperfield received the least consistent scoring. 

How many points did the other teams need to be 1st????? 

Tamariz .... needed to score 51 more points from the judges to have scored first.

Copperfield .... needed 6 more points from the judges to have scored first. 

Interesting Information

• Round 3 had the closest average judging scores with only a .125 difference between judges. 
  • Round 2 had the biggest difference in judging with a .4 point difference between judges. 

Judges Cumulative Ranking (more points = more critical)

1. Luckystrike - 0

2. Supaspa - 2

3. Rotunda - 3

4. Gateau - 6

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, rl231 said:

20231101_163849.png?ex=65552c30&is=6542b

That's 1 vote HungryByTheBuffet

We know who you are and trust you will be dealt with shortly :fan:

Edit: we know who you are and have been dealt with :mummy: mess no one expose me for my stupidity pls

Edited by HungryByTheBuffet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, gardendreams said:

It's a tie!! @luckystrike and @supaspaz had an average score of 6.575

I hope the contestants don’t forget that. I’m your generous king.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, supaspaz said:

I hope the contestants don’t forget that. I’m your generous king.

You were my lowest scorer though...

giphy.gif

• ATRL Moderator

ASGqLJk.png

Castaways, welcome to the fourth challenge of Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 14)!

Immunity is back up for grabs. Let’s get started!

The theme for Round 4 is...

A Distant Time and Place

"God, I wish it was you..."

It's time for a little international twist! This round, we are looking for songs where the narrator expresses their desire and longing for someone who is located physically far away. We want to see the narrator express that they are totally invested and okay with this long distance relationship. They should strongly wish they will be physically together once again (can be intimate or not).

What To Do:
Once your song is selected, PM both of the hosts the artist and title of your song on Discord in our group DM. You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit.

There are many of you playing this game. You guys are bound to submit the same songs at some point and because no one can occupy the same song, we encourage you to send a back-up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track.

IMPORTANT NOTE: ONCE YOU SEND A SONG THAT IS AVAILABLE, YOUR CHOICE IS LOCKED AND YOU MAY NOT SWITCH. AGAIN, YOU CANNOT SWITCH SONGS. IF SOMEONE TAKES YOUR SONG FIRST, THAT IS WHEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ONE, SO PLEASE SUBMIT A BACK-UP.

Take Into Consideration:
The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score as some music video plots differ from a song's true meaning.

The theme is what is important here. You will not receive a low score because you sent in a song one of the judges does not like. Taste will at the most be the difference between an 8.5 or a 9. We will never dock off multiple points based off mere preference.

The song you choose should display the meaning upfront. An interview with your artist clarifying the meaning of the song will not be taken into consideration.

Judging Scale (May Vary By Judge):
9/10 – Great entry. Track displays the theme given head on.
8 – Good entry. Displays theme well but not as well as others.
7 – Okay entry. Fits decently but is missing something overall.
6 – Somewhat tackles the theme but falls flat.
5 – Track mentions theme but is otherwise off–base.
3/4 – Song does not hit the theme given besides a line or two.
1/2 – Song has to do with a completely different subject than the theme.

We will supply an example for each round for you all to take inspiration from. Obviously no one can select this song as their entry.

The example for this round is "What's The Time Where You Are?" from Troye Sivan's new album, Something to Give Each Other!

In this song, Troye details how badly he wants to be back together physically with his long distance lover. He can't stop thinking about what his lover is experiencing in this other location (time, weather, etc). He expresses a deep longing for this man to be with him in person again -- stating there's an "open invite" and that he is "okay with waiting". He shows how deep this wish goes by directly comparing his romantic desires to parallel life experiences, thus confirming that togetherness would be much preferred.

The tribe with the highest overall average will be immune from tribal council. The highest scoring contestants from the two losing tribes will also be immune.

Your song submissions are due in 24 hours (7 PM ET) on Friday, November 3rd.

Good luck and please let the hosts know if you have any questions!

• Like 1

Does it have to be a real place? Are fictional places allowed?

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Does it have to be a real place? Are fictional places allowed?

Let's stick to real places

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Aurora said:

You were my lowest scorer though...

giphy.gif

Truth is I was considering a 6, but bumped it up at the last minute.

• ATRL Moderator

rRr4fG4.png?width=1410&height=1086

The game of Survivor is always fluid and changing. Unfortunately, we have lost contact with a player for three days. They have failed to post a confessional since the game began, they did not vote during the Round 3 tribal council, and they now have not sent a song for Round 4. That's three strikes.

As such, we have no reason to believe they wish to continue in the game, and they are now being removed. It would have been nice to hear this directly from the contestant themselves, instead of being ghosted.

@Galaxy

1472591783926_722.jpg

The tribe has spoken.

Houdini loses their first member. The challenge judging will continue forward for all three tribes. One of the three tribes (instead of two) will lose and vote someone else out this round.

• Thanks 1

This long distance relationship couldn’t prevail against being apart. :sad:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.