• Seffers

• rl231

• EnterTheAttic

I had sex 40 minutes ago

Just now, EnterTheAttic said:

I had sex 40 minutes ago

Yay :clap3:

rRr4fG4.png?width=1410&height=1086

Welcome castaways to your 2nd results show! The judges have scored all of your entries out of 10, and I will now reveal their comments and scores.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round. 

With that said, here it is…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh boy 

Houdini

fiercE Monica - For You I Will
MusicLoverDude Taylor Dayne - I'll Be Your Shelter
Seffers Whitney Houston - Count on Me (feat. Cece Winans)
Galaxy Jess Glynne - I'll Be There
blackoutbaby Mariah Carey - Anytime You Need a Friend
Golden Hour Ciara - I Got You
Armani Rene & Angela - You Don't Have to Cry
EnterTheAttic P!nk - Run

Monica - For You I Will

• Auburn - 10 - Starting off very strong, I see. Doesn’t hurt that it’s a classic too.
  • boys - 10 - What won’t she do for her man, period.
  • Staryu - 10 - Perfect choice, love it
  • wish - 10 - Lyrics match the prompt perfectly, nice job

Taylor Dayne - I'll Be Your Shelter

• Auburn - 10 - Another really great fit for this round.
  • boys - 10 - You ate this.
  • Staryu - 10 - You slayed with this fossil.
  • wish - 9 - This is a good entry, the lyrics aren’t very detailed but she does mention protecting her partner and acting as a shelter.

Whitney Houston - Count on Me (feat. Cece Winans)

• Auburn - 9 - Not quite as strong as some of the others but still very good.
  • boys - 8.9 - Not so much I’ll protect you from the bullet but I’ll call 911 after you’ve been shot. Still a good entry to me though.
  • Staryu - 8.5 - This is more like an auntie or girlfriend who is there for you after the fact, not a protector.
  • wish - 7.5 - She sounds like a really good friend, not really a protector.

Jess Glynne - I'll Be There

• Auburn - 10 - Very strong, she drives the point home from beginning to end.
  • boys - 8.7 - I have a feeling she’ll be there for you.
  • Staryu - 9 - She’s there.
  • wish - 8.5 - I like the specific examples of “external forces” causing distress to her loved one, but there's not enough detail about HOW she will protect.

Mariah Carey - Anytime You Need a Friend

• Auburn - 6 - The friend being her belief in god rather than an actual person makes this less strong for me…
  • boys - 6.5 - It gives a slightly religious vibe to me when she starts singing about believing in me and we know God has never helped anyone.
  • Staryu - 6 - A bit too spiritual, needed more physical protection and safety and not make believe spirits. 
  • wish - 6 - Aside from the spiritual themes, it's too vague to "perfectly" match the prompt, and there's no physical protection here

Ciara - I Got You

• Auburn - 10 - Excellent choice for this theme, a mother’s unconditional love and protection definitely provides shelter like no one else can.
  • boys - 10 - First time a Ciara entry has ever gotten 10’s in Survivor.
  • Staryu - 10 - She’s a mother.
  • wish - 10 - This one is super specific in the ways that Ciara will physically protect her child. Amazing job.

Rene & Angela - You Don't Have to Cry

• Auburn - 9 - I feel like this is strong but not amazing. Kinda surface-level.
  • boys - 8.5 - Never heard of these two before but they definitely gave you a serviceable entry this round.
  • Staryu - 9 - It works, didn’t slay me but it fits the theme, 
  • wish - 7.5 - This one's alright, kinda vague but it has a few relevant lines that gave you extra points

P!nk - Run

• Auburn - 7 - It’s decent, but a lot of it sounds like her providing knowledge to her child and preparing them for the world.
  • boys - 7 - Nothing spectacular and I wish we talked more about protecting but she does offer to be a safe space by saying run back to me so I’ll give you that.
  • Staryu - 7 - She’s not mothering as hard as Ciara did.
  • wish - 6.5 - She talks a lot about letting her child fall down and make mistakes on her own, which doesn’t perfectly fit the theme

Tamariz next...

Tamariz

Dr. Alexander Original Broadway Cast of Rent - I’ll Cover You
HungryByTheBuffet James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
Lemon Taylor Swift & The Civil Wars - Safe & Sound
Aurora Carly Rae Jepsen - All That
Titsanny Birdy - Keeping Your Head Up
rickycabello123 Christina Aguilera - The Voice Within
Kayseri Mantisi Lorde - Secrets from a Girl (Who's Seen It All)
lil hero Olivia Newton John - Let Me Be There

Original Broadway Cast of Rent - I’ll Cover You

• Auburn - 8 - Another good one, but quite brief and repetitive about it.
  • boys - 7.7 - Quite short but I did love the line about being a moat to protect them. I thought that was cute.
  • Staryu - 7.5 - The lines about being their shelter and their blanket is what sold it for me, it works, but not great.
  • wish - 8 - It's a bit vague BUT there's a lot of physical metaphors here which I like. Lots of shelter etc.

James Taylor - You've Got A Friend [host's note: HBTB was the last person to submit and missed 2 taken entries!]

• Auburn - 10 - This covers multiple scenarios of him being there for his friend. Great job.
  • boys - 10 - This was a serve and I was thrown off by the man singing it. I probably would have chosen someone else but that doesn’t change your score. 
  • Staryu - 9.5 - Almost perfect, should have been the Carole King version though.
  • wish - 9 - Good entry, there's a lot of examples of "external forces" that the narrator wishes to protect their friend from.

Taylor Swift & The Civil Wars - Safe & Sound

• Auburn - 5 - Isn’t she a covert narcissist which by default makes her incapable of caring about anyone but herself? Anyway… something is missing here, a lot of other things going on not related to the theme imo
  • boys - 3 - Nothing about this really gave me a protector, safe space or anything really. She seems kind of useless telling the person to go to sleep and when they wake up everything will be fine. Did she do anything or did they die and go to heaven?
  • Staryu - 4 - Barely on theme, she sings a lullaby while a war is going on? I guess that could provide a tiny sense of safety but like bare minimum.
  • wish - 5 - This isn't specific enough at all, but I kinda see how she's narratively comforting her sister.

Carly Rae Jepsen - All That

• Auburn - 6 - It pains me to give a lowish score to such a great song but unfortunately this isn’t totally tackling the theme for me. I wish it seemed more about how she supports him rather than the entire chorus being about him wanting her..
  • boys - 5.8 - This seems more so about him proving how much he wants her and not so much her doing whatever it takes to shield him.
  • Staryu - 6.2 - I like the lighthouse/candle lines, they most fit the theme to me, a sense of safety, but overall it wasn’t that great for this theme.
  • wish - 5.5 - Second verse helps you a lot... but it's not a fully relevant entry imo.

Birdy - Keeping Your Head Up

• Auburn - 9 - Really strong connections to the theme here even though it gets repetitive.
  • boys - 8.5 - Not my favorite of the entries but a solid choice.
  • Staryu - 9 - The I would die a 1000 times to ease your mind sold it for me.
  • wish - 8 - This is pretty solid, the narrator is doing anything to comfort her loved one, and there's mentions of both physical and emotional protection

Christina Aguilera - The Voice Within

• Auburn - 4 - Ugh I could see this working if she kept talking to herself for the rest of the song like the first verse, but nothing else after that really fits. Amazing song tho perfect score for taste!
  • boys - 3 - Great song, wrong round.
  • Staryu - 5 - I just didn’t really get much of the theme from this. 
  • wish - 3 - It's just not really touching upon the theme imo... next time use the prompt as a bible and look for songs that specifically discuss the themes & keywords in the instructions

Lorde - Secrets from a Girl (Who's Seen It All) [host's note - Kayseri sent this and then edited it to Lean on Me in a span of 1-2 minutes, but I saw the original post already and so Lorde was the entry!]

• Auburn - 1 - Oh no baby… what is this? I’m bewildered rn. Tanked!
  • boys - 1 - 5lH9UGr2WvLCvEVSvpGsKUVJqAf8ZJAjtaOsxMgvvLK1jmWo20nMfy4AwodQdps5IVbYIwVAV06aH_gfaHtaxb78o_OAMVrCnUYYpWntVlJ3wOuC3ErlFo5j0urY47Wvv50W4tEg4gaKPgkNA4GJn68
  • Staryu - 1 - I would say try again but.. you’re probably gonna be voted out.
  • wish - 1 - This entry is almost completely irrelevant... next time use the prompt as a bible and look for songs that specifically discuss the themes & keywords in the instructions [2]

Olivia Newton John - Let Me Be There

• Auburn - 7 - This one feels more about being an overall companion rather than a support system or shelter for someone. Still relatively decent though.
  • boys - 6.5 - This was alright.
  • Staryu - 7 - It’s cute, just not a strong entry, but it works.
  • wish - 7 - Solid, there are a few relevant lines here that sold me enough

Copperfield, you're up!

• Like 1

before reading my mega panned entry, judges please read my confession channel now because i know how embarrassing this is, i already explained about it.

i sent that song ACCIDENTALLY. this is beyond embarrassing.... :rip:

• Haha 3

Copperfield

stupidjock The Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
Hey Dude Phil Collins - You'll Be in My Heart
Kyuti Avril Lavigne - Keep Holding On
Alldeezy Massive Attack - Protection
gardendreams Rihanna - Umbrella
ZORBIT Lady Gaga - The Cure

The Jackson 5 - I'll Be There

• Auburn - 8 - Good but not one of the top strongest for the theme for me.
  • boys - 8 - I love the line of building my world of dreams around you. Cute entry but not the strongest of the bunch.
  • Staryu - 8 - The I’ll be your strength lines are what sold this for me.
  • wish - 8 - This is pretty good, a bit too vague but definitely matches the prompt and discusses protecting/comforting their loved one

Phil Collins - You'll Be in My Heart

• Auburn - 7 - Started off really strong but then lost the theme a bit in the second verse and bridge.
  • boys - 6 - Way too brief and minimal but thank you for the nostalgia.
  • Staryu - 6 - Only the first few lines really applied to the theme, majority of the song is a no.
  • wish - 6 - First half of the song works, the second half doesn't really… and it's sooo simplistic/vague overall.

Avril Lavigne - Keep Holding On

• Auburn - 10 - Oh perr mother will fight AND defend :jonny:
  • boys - 10 - Will never understand how we went from this to getting songs like Hello Kitty. You devoured though.
  • Staryu - 10 - Ate.
  • wish - 9 - Avril is certainly acting as a source of comfort and security here, but it's just not specific enough for me to give it a “perfect” 10. Good job tho!

Massive Attack - Protection

• Auburn - 8 - I was worried after reading the first verse but it ended up being pretty strong, but sometimes lyrically a bit confusing for me.
  • boys - 7.8 - Standing in front of her so she can protect her from the blows of those bad decisions she made. I think this was a good choice.
  • Staryu - 8 - The chorus sells it for me.
  • wish - 8.5 - The chorus is really strongly matching the prompt imo, the first verse slightly detracts but this is a good entry overall

Rihanna - Umbrella

• Auburn - 8 - Good but not great.
  • boys - 7 - Cute.
  • Staryu - 8.5 - The umbrella is a form of shelter and protection, so this works for me.
  • wish - 9 - The umbrella metaphor works SO WELL here, elevated the entry

Lady Gaga - The Cure

• Auburn - 10 - Very strongly on theme for me, every part feels like she is physically protecting this person as she holds them in her arms.
  • boys - 10 - Yes Gaga, Yes 10’s.
  • Staryu - 10 - Gaga is definitely providing comfort and security. 
  • wish - 10 - Yep, she's being super specific on how she tangibly protects and comforts her loved one in the verses. Great job!

Final results next!!!!

• Thanks 1

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally which two tribes are heading to Tribal Council this round.

Note: The highest scoring player for each tribe is immune if their tribe heads to Tribal Council.

Houdini

1. fiercE - 10.00 - IMMUNE

1. Golden Hour - 10.00 - IMMUNE

3. MusicLoverDude - 9.75

4. Galaxy - 9.05

5. Armani - 8.50

6. Seffers - 8.48

7. EnterTheAttic - 6.88

8. blackoutbaby - 6.13

Tamariz

1. HungryByTheBuffet - 9.63 - IMMUNE

2. Titsanny - 8.63

3. Dr. Alexander - 7.80

4. lil hero - 6.88

5. Aurora - 5.88

6. Lemon - 4.25

7. rickycabello123 - 3.75

8. Kayseri Mantisi - 1.00

Copperfield

1. ZORBIT - 10.00 - IMMUNE

2. Kyuti - 9.75

3. gardendreams - 8.13

4. Alldeezy - 8.08

5. stupidjock - 8.00

6. Hey Dude - 6.25

Overall Rank:

1. fiercE - 10 (=)

1. Golden Hour - 10 (+5)

1. ZORBIT - 10 (+22)

4. MusicLoverDude - 9.75 (-2)

4. Kyuti - 9.75 (+15)

6. HungryByTheBuffet - 9.625 (+4)

7. Galaxy - 9.05 (-3)

8. Titsanny - 8.625 (+4)

9. Armani - 8.5 (-2)

10. Seffers - 8.475 (-8)

11. gardendreams - 8.125 (+10)

12. Alldeezy - 8.075 (+8)

13. stupidjock - 8 (+4)

14. Dr. Alexander - 7.8 (-5)

15. EnterTheAttic - 6.875 (-8)

15. lil hero - 6.875 (+1)

17. Hey Dude - 6.25 (+1)

18. blackoutbaby - 6.125 (-13)

19. Aurora - 5.875 (-7)

20. Lemon - 4.25 (-10)

21. rickycabello123 - 3.75 (-7)

22. Kayseri Mantisi - 1 (-7)

Cumulative Rank:

1. fiercE - 10.00

2. MusicLoverDude - 9.44

3. Galaxy - 8.96

4. Seffers - 8.80

5. Golden Hour - 8.50

6. HungryByTheBuffet - 7.88

7. Armani - 7.69

8. Titsanny - 7.31

9. Dr. Alexander - 7.03

10. EnterTheAttic - 6.88

11. blackoutbaby - 6.63

12. Kyuti - 6.31

13. Aurora - 5.94

14. stupidjock - 5.81

15. lil hero - 5.69

16. ZORBIT - 5.56

17. Alldeezy - 5.35

18. Lemon - 5.19

19. gardendreams - 5.00

20. Hey Dude - 4.88

21. rickycabello123 - 4.69

22. Kayseri Mantisi - 3.13

23. Queen - 1.38

24. Big Bad Wolf - 1.00

Which tribe is the winner and which is heading to Tribal Council??

Click on the spoiler!

Spoiler

The first tribe going to Tribal Council is...

Tamariz with an average of 5.98 (y'all were losing regardless, even without Lorde or if it got a 10 lol).

0.23 separated the final two tribes...

The WINNING tribe with an average of 8.60 is...

HOUDINI!!! Congratulations, you all are safe.

Tamariz and Copperfield, unfortunately, you both will be attending Tribal Council where you each will be voting someone out from your tribe.

When you are ready, please DM us in the Discord chat you submitted your entry in. If you fail to vote within the time period, you will incur a self-vote. Please also include a bootlist from who you most want out to who you least out, alongside with your vote. 

Please use the parchment image below and write/type the name of your vote by using photo editing software! If you change your mind, simply send me another PM with an updated choice for elimination. Votes will be due at 4:30 PM EST on Monday, October 30th. Remember, HungryByTheBuffet and ZORBIT are immune from elimination and cannot be voted for.

RT_zjk35iHDLx5rxvEydqskT8AjMqJihnrIc4Wj6

Edited by rl231
  • Like 1

Deriving scores and conclusions of submitted song(s) based on other song(s) from the same musician. :rofl: 

So happy :heart:

Just reminding y'all that these song rounds are 10000% only about the lyrics. The judges want to see that you fully understand the round theme, so please pick songs with specific examples that match the narrative we're looking for. If you want that 10, double-check the prompt and make sure your song ticks ALL boxes before sending!

And don't be too embarrassed if you flopped, I also got straight 1s and 2s a few times last season :deadbanana4: good luck in the future babes :heart:

• Like 4

Considering we are down 2 players and almost did it :jonny5:

On 10/27/2023 at 7:42 AM, MusicLoverDude said:

I suggest you play nice and not seethe. You have plenty of time to slay it and crush it in this game!

OIP.png?ex=654c6271&is=6539ed71&hm=7163512fb675a8fa9d18570686b016aee4b8bc0d48c304e88abcd0693f628a41&

Tnx you for the manifestation keep it going pls :heart: I was pretty sure I was about to flop this round 

16 hours ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

Good luck guys much luv

uUIH85c.gif

Sis please get me out of there. I'm literally fighting for my life over there. We don't have fire, we don't have food, we don't have shelter. 

• Haha 1

Welcome Tribe Tamariz to the 2nd Tribal Council of the season.

One of you will become the first person voted out of this game. 

If anyone has an item to play, now would be the time to do so...

Spoiler

No one stands.

I'll read the votes.

First vote...

cachedImage.png?ex=65527b58&is=65400658&

1 vote Kayseri Mantisi.

Second vote...

image.png?ex=6551c79a&is=653f529a&hm=4e9

2 votes Kayseri Mantisi.

Third vote...

20231029_222409.png?ex=655188cb&is=653f1

2 votes Kayseri Mantisi, 1 vote Lemon.

Fourth vote...

downloadfile.png?ex=6551ce47&is=653f5947

2 votes Kayseri Mantisi, 1 vote Lemon, 1 vote rickycabello123.

Fifth vote...

FcN7PXU.png?width=1398&height=1098

That's 2 votes Kayseri Mantisi, 2 votes rickycabello123, 1 vote Lemon.

Sixth vote...

vote.png?ex=6551963b&is=653f213b&hm=d641

3 votes Kayseri Mantisi, 2 votes rickycabello123, 1 vote Lemon.

Seventh vote...

And the 3rd person voted out of ATRL Survivor 14...

image_2023-10-26_0007415611.png?ex=6551a

IMG_1831.png?ex=65528650&is=65401150&hm=

Kayseri Mantisi, the tribe has spoken.

339958134_944457229922203_35231863196366

Thank you for playing!

this is literally the most embarrassing thing i ever experienced since i joined ATRL

Just now, Kayseri Mantisi said:

this is literally the most embarrassing thing i ever experienced since i joined ATRL

I'm so sorry! You were done wrong!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.