Are you here because you like pop culture or because you stan someone?

Digitalism

Why are you on ATRL?   

76 members have voted

1. 1. Why are you on ATRL?

• You stan one or several girls
    • You just like pop culture in general

I LOVE the format of message boards but unfortunately they’re kind of a dying platform in general. They provide a much better format than something like Twitter (or even Reddit) for discussing music and pop culture - so I stick around. 

• Like 3

Pop culture/pop music overall. Also I'm low key a marketing nerd so I'm into the album campaigns, single rollouts, radio adds, streaming numbers, etc :celestial5:

• Like 1

both but also when you stan someone as out of touch as Beyoncé you have no choice but to sit in places like these to get some news/insider info… god knows she won’t tell you **** :deadbanana4:

• Haha 3

im here for the ph@gguetry

Edited by terrorblade

4 hours ago, Pheromosa said:

I’m here for the mess 

Same :dies:

When I first entered here I was such a data nerd about charts and all of that stuff, but I got bored of it after some time. The mess from some threads is also funny to watch :lakitu:

Now this is my primary source of information when it comes to pop culture news, and it also includes some of my faves. It used to be Twitter, but it becomes way more awful as the years go by and you get attacked for just existing :deadbanana2:

Also, I like this whole idea of stan bases interacting with eachother, it gets a little problematic sometimes, but overall it's a nice experience :cm:

I officially joined ATRL because of the Pokemon Rates tbh. 

Stayed for Games section, video game talk and the overall funny atmosphere of the site. 

• Like 1

Also I think ATRL has a perfect balance of not too many people that you feel like your posts get lost in a void, and not too small that it feels dead. 

• Thanks 1

Because I stan Taylor. Lol.

I won’t be here if not for her. I have better things to do, like browsing lpsg. 

That’s why I don’t enter threads that’s not related to my fave unless it’s very controversial. Like who has the time?

Edited by dussel_06

In general I just love music. I've been a member for 15 years now. 

I don't get involved in stan wars anymore. I post my genuine opinions and stan what I love. 

I'll be 30 in less than 3 months so the healthiest way to remain an active member on this site is to just avoid all the Stan wars. Show your support for what you love but don't waste energy on stuff you hate. 

This is also why I've kept my username and profile picture in neutral states. People will find out who I Stan based on my comments, not my username or profile pic 

Ooh boy I registered during the Roar/Applause release week. i jumped in the TRENCHES 

I don’t “stan” Gaga anymore but still am a big fan. Closest to stanning would be Pink since I keep up w/ her and I’m usually skullldragging her ass somewhere in here but I guess I am here for the pop culture too. I like reading about it for a good 1-2 hrs :deadbanana: 

Because I'm a f.word :gaycatina1:

Edited by Heldenzeit
  • Haha 2

I came as a Gaga stan in 2008/early 2009 and I have my main girls but I'm just here for the whole thing.

I love to learn things about people I normally wouldn't check out. The overall taste is very basic on this forum which is sometimes frustrating for a music nerd so I just stay with the alt-girlies.

Being on ATRL means you know a bit of everything which is also helpful for my job at a record store. 

I just love pop culture, in general, and I like the classic forum format. Being on here reminds me of a simpler time, when life wasn't so complicated; it's a link to the past.

I stan Taylor, but I’ve stanned since 2008, so long before I joined ATRL.

I discovered ATRL through something Taylor related, but I joined/stayed because many of the other pop girls I’m also a fan of are discussed here, as well as music in general (even if it does lean heavily Top 40 pop, which isn’t the only type of music I listen to). The only other place to for any kind of similar discussion is Reddit, and…yeah. :biblio: 

Since 2016, ATRL has been the go to place for me. :clap3:

I joined because I loved Taylor and wanted to keep updated on how Speak Now will perform since it was the best album I’ve heard for all my life back then (still one of the bests). And then I learned “stan wars” etc. and stayed for the kiis.

I joined back in 2007 just to learn how to make gifs :toofunny2:

I only stan Allday & Denis stoff and believe me this forum is not a place for them (plus pre 2015 I never heard they existed).. I just stayed because I liked the community back then and the YTT sections 

plus I discovered Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Kerli, Selena Gomez On This Site :eek:

i joined this site because at the time, i stanned a few pop girls

but the more that i found out about them because of this site, the less i stanned lol

i don't stan anyone anymore, i'm just here for fun and mess :katie:

14 hours ago, perpetual novice said:

I consider myself a music nerd in general and ATRL is the best place outside of Reddit to talk about music, pop music/culture related or not

Same here, I'm a Slave to music and Pop culture in general :allears:

Also working in the music industry so ATRL is really helpful on the daily since you can be sure any news will be posted here in a minute.

It made me win several points with my boss since he's always pretty impressed at how I'm aware of the music industry last moves.

That's why I'm always having a good laugh when some idiots here try to shade me for being on this forum since 2003,ignoring that it bascially helped my career big time :lmao:

14 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

None.

Yup. I made an account years ago because I was stanning an artist. Nowadays I only come like 15 minutes a week to read some entertaining news and to post a few shades and have a good laugh :bird:

Yeah sure :zzz:

@Power love @BionicWooHoo

@Wewee @WalkAway :dies:

I just really love music. I like coming to a place that's fairly active outside of twitter and reddit. 
I like an older type of forum like this, reminds me of 2005. 

I came here for the culture, but also to keep up to date on new releases when it comes to music!:coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.