Oprah rejects Mitt Romney claim she asked him to join her on Independent 2020 ticket

Espresso

Oprah of the 80s to like 2010 would win with flying colors. Her reputation has been fairly and unfairly tarnished though for a good decade or so for some reason. I dont know what happened exactly but I know there is a HUGE segment of american public that strongly dislike her for old comments she's made or shady investing or people's racism and ignorance etc...I dont think she'd win as a president. As a Vice President supporting someone else I think she could help big time

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Oprah of the 80s to like 2010 would win with flying colors. Her reputation has been fairly and unfairly tarnished though for a good decade or so for some reason. I dont know what happened exactly but I know there is a HUGE segment of american public that strongly dislike her for old comments she's made or shady investing or people's racism and ignorance etc...I dont think she'd win as a president. As a Vice President supporting someone else I think she could help big time

People were willing to overlook her poisoning society with Dr. Phil but after Dr. Oz the GP said ENOUGH

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

I agree, but it depends on the audience to be honest. 

She still has a very dedicated, mixed, fanbase comprised of both middle aged suburban men and women, the majority of whom have been following her for the past 30+ years. Politically speaking, I think these people are a fair mix of both Liberals and Conservatives though probably leaning more towards the latter if anything. 

It’s the younger generation that she hasn’t connected with to be honest. Most just deem her to be a capitalist, billionaire, hypocrite who was once “friends” with people like Weinstein, OZ and has been involved in several “shady” practices (though I think all of this has come out more due to our current political climate and time we’re living in). 

I also think Oprah’s Black audience are largely middle class too and this is something that was always the case even at her peak. 

I feel like she’d put up a very strong campaign for president, and we all know she’s a fabulous speaker and is very intelligent, but I just don’t think she’d be respected most of all and would be taken lightly because of her name. 

:michael:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

I agree, but it depends on the audience to be honest. 

She still has a very dedicated, mixed, fanbase comprised of both middle aged suburban men and women, the majority of whom have been following her for the past 30+ years. Politically speaking, I think these people are a fair mix of both Liberals and Conservatives though probably leaning more towards the latter if anything. 

It’s the younger generation that she hasn’t connected with to be honest. Most just deem her to be a capitalist, billionaire, hypocrite who was once “friends” with people like Weinstein, OZ and has been involved in several “shady” practices (though I think all of this has come out more due to our current political climate and time we’re living in). 

I also think Oprah’s Black audience are largely middle class too and this is something that was always the case even at her peak. 

I feel like she’d put up a very strong campaign for president, and we all know she’s a fabulous speaker and is very intelligent, but I just don’t think she’d be respected most of all and would be taken lightly because of her name. 

:michael:

I think she was always seen as more of an inspirational figure for her rags to riches life. And she kind of preached that prosperity gospel that americans are drawn to, where if you go out and do the right things and follow these teachings you can be rich and successful like me. But as you say people are more cynical and skeptical of celebrities and billionaires now. Plus I don't think she'd ever want the backlash that would accompany being a politician. Not to mention the scrutiny.

Why would he lie about that? To be honest I think it’s probably true but Oprah didn’t want people to know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.