• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• naval23

• Maroonx

• B-Luke

• corotinho

Top Posters In This Topic

Milegend longest weeks in the top 10 for an ex-act song :clap3: 

Good effort from Selegend thank you drake!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Crazy to me how many people don't know the Billboard recurrent rules.

Songs become ineligible to chart if they're below number 50 after their 20th week and not gaining in any metric.

Songs become ineligible to chart and drop out of the Hot 100 if they're below number 25 after their 52nd week.

Calm Down was number 10 last week. The combination of its natural decline as well as Drake debuting 13 new songs in the top 20 forced it out of the top 25, which also caused it to become ineligible to chart, and led it to falling out of the chart. It didn't drop 90+ spots in one week :rip:

I always find these 2 rules to be so f**kin stupid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nnnn not everyone being like "I don't understand". The UK has had a rule similar to reoccuring songs due to be streaming and causes chart runs to be messed up but I don't understand why people are acting like this is brand new information.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Did it suddenly collapse ? I thought it was still in the top 10.. 

it is predicted to have enough points to be #13 next week

but billboard has the rule:

out from top 50 after 20 weeks: OUT from the hot 100 (recurrent)

out from top 25 after 52 weeks: OUT from the hot 100 (recurrent)

calm down was with more then 52 weeks, at #10. drake album got released and the song had a bigger fall than -15, so it got under 25 and with that it got recurrent 

since their re-charting rules are weird, talkofthecharts kept it on them predictions for next week and it's predicted to be #13 

but they have wrote "recurrent" there so we don't know if it will be back or not

probably not. but it's like it was going to be #13 next week in term of points, it's just 'recurrent' now. 

12 minutes ago, Selegend said:

it is predicted to have enough points to be #13 next week

but billboard has the rule:

out from top 50 after 20 weeks: OUT from the hot 100 (recurrent)

out from top 25 after 52 weeks: OUT from the hot 100 (recurrent)

calm down was with more then 52 weeks, at #10. drake album got released and the song had a bigger fall than -15, so it got under 25 and with that it got recurrent 

since their re-charting rules are weird, talkofthecharts kept it on them predictions for next week and it's predicted to be #13 

but they have wrote "recurrent" there so we don't know if it will be back or not

probably not. but it's like it was going to be #13 next week in term of points, it's just 'recurrent' now. 

Oh i see. That is a bit dumb seeing as Drake's songs will disappear in a week or two.

They really need to remove the album bombs as they really mess up the chart. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WERKER said:

Nnnn not everyone being like "I don't understand". The UK has had a rule similar to reoccuring songs due to be streaming and causes chart runs to be messed up but I don't understand why people are acting like this is brand new information.

At least the UK rule is comparatively a lot newer so people still not getting it makes sense. The Billboard rule has been in place for over 30 years now :-*

Damn that sucks - it would've lasted for months if it wasn't for the album bomb

It's kinda messy how a song that's top 5 on radio is N/A on Hot 100 :rip:

12 hours ago, feelingsonfire said:

I hate this rule :mazen: 65 weeks on chart was achieveable

It was fully going into +70 weeks

I really hope it can go back to the chart. No reason for a song that is #4 on radio to be OUT of the chart

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Crazy to me how many people don't know the Billboard recurrent rules.

Songs become ineligible to chart if they're below number 50 after their 20th week and not gaining in any metric.

Songs become ineligible to chart and drop out of the Hot 100 if they're below number 25 after their 52nd week.

Calm Down was number 10 last week. The combination of its natural decline as well as Drake debuting 13 new songs in the top 20 forced it out of the top 25, which also caused it to become ineligible to chart, and led it to falling out of the chart. It didn't drop 90+ spots in one week :rip:

it baffles me how users spend all day on ATRL bragging about charts in stan wars but have no idea how they actually work :rip:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

Well don't be shy, get into it :gaycat4:

girl that was a shady post towards Selena. Even if you live under a rock you've heard the duet version x

1 hour ago, corotinho said:

I really hope it can go back to the chart. No reason for a song that is #4 on radio to be OUT of the chart

The only way a song over 52 week can return (after falling off due to being recurrent) is if it gains in performance and has enough points to chart above #25.

16 hours ago, Maroonx said:

The only way a song over 52 week can return (after falling off due to being recurrent) is if it gains in performance and has enough points to chart above #25.

oh so it should just be a cute 1-2 week exit most likely before it makes it re-entry on radio at #5 and breaks another record - iconic 

12 minutes ago, naval23 said:

oh so it should just be a cute 1-2 week exit most likely before it makes it re-entry on radio at #5 and breaks another record - iconic 

It will most likely not return as it's been losing about -6% points each week. Unless it regains on radio and streams, I don't see it returning.

6 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Really? It's projected to be #13 this week 

It's still showing as recurrent though, because while it has enough points to chart within the Top 25, it has not increased in points... It's been decreasing.

I mean, it's a shame for stuff like this to happen because of the recurrent rules, but at the same time the H100 has been stagnant for so long that it becomes way too boring to follow the chart :coffee2:

8 minutes ago, Maroonx said:

It's still showing as recurrent though, because while it has enough points to chart within the Top 25, it has not increased in points... It's been decreasing.

Damn. Totally forgot about the part it needs to increase in points too mess. Remove it from Spotify every 2 weeks challenge  :mandown:

6 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Damn. Totally forgot about the part it needs to increase in points too mess. Remove it from Spotify every 2 weeks challenge  :mandown:

That could work, but the label's not interested in having it chart, as it already peaked. At this point they just want to cash in the radio plays/streams. :p

2 minutes ago, Maroonx said:

That could work, but the label's not interested in having it chart, as it already peaked. At this point they just want to cash in the radio plays/streams. :p

The way if they remove it from Spotify for a month and then release it again it could potentially go #1 :jonny:

Glamorous teas when Fergie removed it from iTunes for 2 weeks only for it to explode to #1 after

But ya, charts are just bragging rights

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.