• ariananext

• wantedyoutogrow

• Communion

• Nashe

She worked with Max, Ilya, and Savan! Nothing but BOPS 

"Eternal Sunshine"... oh her Solar Power is upon us :rip:

/j I'm kinda perched ngl

8 hours ago, Communion said:

The "no more r&b!!! give us another into you!!" posts feel like people who arent fans or like people being trolls when knowing none of what Max and Ariana were working on last year sounds like DW and that, while there may be some more Top 40 /.mainstream surprises, the reality is that the stuff they were working on was stuff like the below -

The hints of the lead as "Vogue" like and there being choreo wouldn't shock me if it's uptempo but even the 90s stuff she was making for Savan's movie wasn't electro or dance pop. Much of that was literally the r&b infused 90s pop Max made his name off of. 

People having weird feelings over r&b music feels like they're setting themselves up to be disappointed. 

IF WE GET ANYTHING W THIS LEVEL OF MELODIC SERVITUDE ILL BE ELATED

Edited by jjmed59
  • Like 1

wait eternal sunshine would be a really pretty name imo and makes sense with the jim carrey reference 

The clear Divide between R&Bana stans And Popana stans is CRAZY.

im somewhere stuck in the middle...

• Like 3

I’m so sorry but we need R&B Ari more than Pop Ari. The same stans that pretentiously overly hated on Positions (which I’m almost certain it was because it was R&B influenced, not because it was “bad”) can finally get over it and either stop streaming her music or get use to the fact that she needs to continue exploring her interest/sound in R&B. 

Anyways, this era is gonna smash. Like I’m not even trying to purposely be optimistic, but I can just feel it. And I just hope she serves not just bops but QUALITY bops. I’m talking I hope this becomes the Quintessential album of her careerrr!!!

:WAP:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jai said:

The clear Divide between R&Bana stans And Popana stans is CRAZY.

im somewhere stuck in the middle...

She really has two separate fanbases that may sometimes go out to co-exist in the same space, but are otherwise totally content on staying on their sides of the fence. :jonny6:

The whole YT to ME sonic shift is where it all started. :rip:

4 hours ago, Communion said:

What's interesting about this is to wonder what the inspiration would be. The uptempo moments on Erotica are largely either disco, which feels like it has been done to the point of not being possibly interesting (and I'm not sure if even Max could turn something out) or like.. trip-hop. The title-track, for example, would be a more interesting sonic reference for her than like... Deeper and Deeper. 

The artist + time period being referenced also makes me curious if the below post is a case of whispers slightly transforming as they spread:

the tea i got was from someone who heard the entire album 

5 hours ago, Communion said:

What's interesting about this is to wonder what the inspiration would be. The uptempo moments on Erotica are largely either disco, which feels like it has been done to the point of not being possibly interesting (and I'm not sure if even Max could turn something out) or like.. trip-hop. The title-track, for example, would be a more interesting sonic reference for her than like... Deeper and Deeper. 

The artist + time period being referenced also makes me curious if the below post is a case of whispers slightly transforming as they spread:

it is House influenced then?

15 hours ago, DawnAnti said:

A new link has appeared for Ariana Grande’s #AG7 that leads to her website 

https://arianagrande.lnk.to/ag7 

she also just re followed the sweetener official account on instagram , something might be coming today.

lol don't push it now. 

11 minutes ago, Scandal said:

the tea i got was from someone who heard the entire album 

Omg can you tell us anything more? Like the sound or what to expect? Will this be a personal album?

1 minute ago, Sweetenertea said:

Omg can you tell us anything more? Like the sound or what to expect? Will this be a personal album?

i haven’t heard the full thing but so far it’s my favorite. don’t drag me if you don’t like it tho. for reference e my my favorite ariana song is Giaw (before i heard a song on the album) and my favorite albums are tu,n and ME (bc of intro, LMH, BMB, Only 1. JALBOYH & title track) so if you have similar taste you’ll enjoy it

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Scandal said:

i haven’t heard the full thing but so far it’s my favorite. don’t drag me if you don’t like it tho. for reference e my my favorite ariana song is Giaw (before i heard a song on the album) and my favorite albums are tu,n and ME (bc of intro, LMH, BMB, Only 1. JALBOYH & title track) so if you have similar taste you’ll enjoy it

We won’t drag you DW bestie! We appreciate it! :) Would you say that it’s a personal album and talks about her life from the past few years?

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

lol don't push it now. 

Well she posted about it relax 

I won’t judge before i listen to the album but i won’t be happy if it’s another Positions. 

6 hours ago, cuteboyzay said:

I’m so sorry but we need R&B Ari more than Pop Ari. The same stans that pretentiously overly hated on Positions (which I’m almost certain it was because it was R&B influenced, not because it was “bad”) can finally get over it and either stop streaming her music or get use to the fact that she needs to continue exploring her interest/sound in R&B. 

Anyways, this era is gonna smash. Like I’m not even trying to purposely be optimistic, but I can just feel it. And I just hope she serves not just bops but QUALITY bops. I’m talking I hope this becomes the Quintessential album of her careerrr!!!

:WAP:

R&B is only good when it is fully committed too. Positions was a collections of ringtones sans the incredible My Hair. Just like that terrible Justin album with Yummy, it lacked the sonic bite needed to pull off true R&B. Ariana is a singer, not quite a true artist yet. I think she needs more time in the pop sphere before she’s ready to attempt a big swing like that again. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Break Up With Your Husband inc :jonny6:

Edited by kataraqueen
  • Haha 3

yeah eternal sunshine needs to go (if it’s even real) :rip: it’s giving kindergarten in the worst way possible 

Pop Ari will always remain superior and that’s basically undeniable.

If she’s taking the full R&B route again she will wreck. Pop/R&B in the vein of god is a woman is what she should go for in case she doesn’t want to leave that genre behind. 

I expect more NTLTC level of perfection.

• Like 1

I swear i loved Into You so hard but i definitely can't hear Ariana pulling something like that any more, same for Touch It....

BUT production wise you can't deny God Is a Woman, Bad Idea, Everytime, Ghosting and Break Up hits harder than most of the other songs she pulled in the meantime.

• Like 1

Eternal sunshine just gives me strong Perfect illusion vibe :gaycat4:

OT: not me typing this when my gym starts to blast Rain on Me :rip:

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.