The Veronicas - 'Gothic Summer'

teenagecraze

Kerser legit ruined it.

I LOVE Aussie rap but it didn't go together in that song.

Life of the party is still better 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alldeezy

• JoeAg

• Sky Engineer

• Ampersand13

why is Perfect so corny tho :noparty:

I'm a HUGE fan of them and self-titled is one of my fave albums but...mmm. so far.

I'm a huge fan of The Veronicas, they're like my top three favorites. . .  But I really didn't like this album. Like at all. I kind of hated it. It just feels like such a boring album to me? It tried to be like a return to form, but it lacked all the impact The Secret Life Of had. None of the songs pack any punch. They got all these guitars and drums and it's clear they want to be a little edgy but the songs sound like they're ripped straight from some preteen Disney channel movie. It's just so corny

Ribcage is a career highlight for me though. I really love that song. It's . . . Insane to go from Invisible to Ribcage

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CHL0RINE said:

I'm a huge fan of The Veronicas, they're like my top three favorites. . .  But I really didn't like this album. Like at all. I kind of hated it. It just feels like such a boring album to me? It tried to be like a return to form, but it lacked all the impact The Secret Life Of had. None of the songs pack any punch. They got all these guitars and drums and it's clear they want to be a little edgy but the songs sound like they're ripped straight from some preteen Disney channel movie. It's just so corny

Ribcage is a career highlight for me though. I really love that song. It's . . . Insane to go from Invisible to Ribcage

I've been a huge stan since their debut and I bought the Archie comics cross-over for the iconic bonus tracks (Did Ya Think and How Long...chefs kiss).

Self-titled is one of my favorite pop-rock albums of all time.

Ribcage is a highlight here for sure but imo it has nothing on amazing droplets like The Only High, On Your Side, Ugly and In My Blood (though I know that one made it to Godzilla).

This whole project sounds like an unreleased/scrapped collection. I'm hoping it grows on me but it doesn't wow me at all.

• Like 1

this sounds like a b-side EP for The Secret Life Of... 

CRAZY 

I'm not sure yet if I love or if it's too Disney Channel for my taste

• Like 1

will be listening to this tonight, I really liked the singles. 

Why only 7 songs tho (Minus Perfect acoustic).
This is an EP not an album.
But I'm enjoying this so far.     

The Veronicas and Olivia in the same day :clap3:

INvisble and Ribcage are classics!

wow, ribcage is stunning! what a song :clap3:

invisible is good too but the rest es really...meh...unfortunately

• Like 1

Kinda disappointing tbh

Ribcage is cute tho

Edited by Kevin2803

I was disappointed with this "album" as well. It's kind of wild that this is what they came up with after having such great albums in the past. Ribcage is great though...

Savage:katie2:, Invisible:alexz: 

Pathetic excuse for an 18 minute "album"

Maybe it's because my expectations were on the ground because of the singles and the short tracklist, but I actually quite enjoyed the album tracks! Invisible and Ribcage especially are really good :clap3: No masterpieces, it feels just too restrained for it to really evoke emotion like that, but still nice tracks. Still don't like the singles, tho, so it doesn't really hold up as a whole project, unfortunately

I feel like each track could be an outtake from a previous era (which I don't mind tbh). Happy this is an EP. Love savage but def need a solo version. 

I say this is a long time fan, they've never really released an album like Hook Me Up that feels cohesive but I've just accepted they like to play with different sounds and drop a mixed bag.

They really do hit when they do Pop/Rock, electro and dark moody rock emo kinda anthems. They could've left here to dance to Samantha Jade….

• Like 2

I like "Jungle"

"Here to Dance" is an absolute bop

giving this a listen right quick cause it's so short lol

you know these are all pretty good songs, but yeah it feels like an incomplete album. it's kinda insane! Detox and Here to Dance have great hit single vibes, as does Perfect to a lesser extent, but the rest of it feels like good to great album tracks. it's the brevity that's the biggest problem here :noparty:

I also want a solo version of Savage! 

they should've added this remix as a bonus track... It slaps

Very short but I like all the songs. I'm always here for them :heart:

ribcage whew :flame: just preordered the cd!!! didnt expect the album to be good

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.