Blue Dogs lose in Louisiana, Governor set to be Republican w/ GOP supermajority

Communion

I read that Landry did significantly better in Orleans Parish (only 31% NH-W and majority Black) than was expected, and much better than any Republican in the past few decades at least. Does anyone with a better understanding of Louisiana local politics have a firm grasp of why that was specifically (if it was anything beyond the seemingly massive mismanagement from the state Dems)? 

Good luck to Louisiana, looks like they'll be racing to the bottom with Mississippi.

Yea no one is surprised. I’m still shocked John was their gov for this long  💀

14 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I read that Landry did significantly better in Orleans Parish (only 31% NH-W and majority Black) than was expected, and much better than any Republican in the past few decades at least. Does anyone with a better understanding of Louisiana local politics have a firm grasp of why that was specifically (if it was anything beyond the seemingly massive mismanagement from the state Dems)? 

Sure. I live in New Orleans. My guess is that the individuals living in gentrified neighborhoods in Orleans (majority white) are tired of being victimized. Somehow, they equate Democratic control to weak crime policies.

• Thanks 1

Every blatantly racist house bill imaginable is easily set to become law in this state with this clown in office. And that’s for the next 4 years, at least. :doc: 

i think Democrats should not be winning states like Louisiana in 2023. The state is vehemently pro life, so Dems cant do a balancing act. its way too socially conservative. Another thing is that, there is talk of getting a 2nd VRA district from there, which i welcome but it will elect a prolife representative, so whats the point in that. 

Edited by Monster Megamind

8 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Dems have already given up on this state. On the other hand there is much more investment in KY, VA and NJ races. Louisiana is one of the most racist state. With all the swings that are happening country wide, LA is the only state which is stagnant

Hey, I just wanted to follow up and show you how bad crime has gotten in this city! Check this out: 

https://www.wdsu.com/amp/article/orleans-district-attorney-jason-williams-and-mother-carjacked/45557603

The city’s district attorney and his mom was carjacked last night.. :toofunny2: Crime is rampant! @wastedpotential

Edited by wxvii
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, wxvii said:

Hey, I just wanted to follow up and show you how bad crime has gotten in this city! Check this out: 

https://www.wdsu.com/amp/article/orleans-district-attorney-jason-williams-and-mother-carjacked/45557603

The city’s district attorney and his mom was carjacked last night.. :toofunny2: Crime is rampant! @wastedpotential

Another Soros backed district attorney. The carjacker probably will be pleaded down to misdemeanor public nuisance charge, if they catch them.

9 minutes ago, chessguy99 said:

Another Soros backed district attorney. The carjacker probably will be pleaded down to misdemeanor public nuisance charge, if they catch them.

What do you mean by this?

sabrina-brier-sabrina.gif

15 minutes ago, Communion said:

What do you mean by this?

sabrina-brier-sabrina.gif

George Soros has a PAC that funds the campaigns of district attorney candidates that are universally considered overly lenient. They drop charges, plea deal offenders to lesser charges and recommend minimum sentencing. He's been doing this for years, and the results can be seen by the rampant crime in the metro areas that have DAs the PAC supported.

2 hours ago, chessguy99 said:

We’ll see how it plays out. They got the FBI to swoop in and they have the suspect in custody now.  He has 7 active warrants (4 for crimes committed as a juvenile) :rip:.  Also, they’ve also said that the Louisiana Attorney General’s Office will take the case (due to Williams being the victim) so I think they may make an example out of the suspect. 

1 hour ago, chessguy99 said:

George Soros has a PAC that funds the campaigns of district attorney candidates that are universally considered overly lenient. They drop charges, plea deal offenders to lesser charges and recommend minimum sentencing. He's been doing this for years, and the results can be seen by the rampant crime in the metro areas that have DAs the PAC supported.

Link? Jason Williams and his office has been the number one tragedy for this city alongside the NOPD in recent history.

Edited by wxvii

6 hours ago, wxvii said:

Link? Jason Williams and his office has been the number one tragedy for this city alongside the NOPD in recent history.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/22/george-soros-spent-40m-getting-lefty-district-attorneys-officials-elected-all-over-the-country/

Just put "Soros and district attorney" into google and you'll get a ton of results. In the Chicago area we have Have Kim Fox, who thankfully isn't seeking reelection.

• 2 weeks later...

It's even more depressing in knowing how low the voter turnout was. I'm proud to say that I voted in the election, but I was alarmed when I saw only one other person there in front of me. People have given up on Louisiana, to only turn around and complain about it when things don't go their way. People here have such a defeatist attitude, and it's annoying.

The overall quality of life will not approve under Jeff Landry. It's going to be a very disgusting four years under him. I am vehemently disgusted as a Louisianian.

On 10/27/2023 at 8:55 PM, DamianSolo said:

It's even more depressing in knowing how low the voter turnout was. I'm proud to say that I voted in the election, but I was alarmed when I saw only one other person there in front of me. People have given up on Louisiana, to only turn around and complain about it when things don't go their way. People here have such a defeatist attitude, and it's annoying.

The overall quality of life will not approve under Jeff Landry. It's going to be a very disgusting four years under him. I am vehemently disgusted as a Louisianian.

It’s the same here in WV. Everyone already knows a Republican will win so alot of people who lean left don’t even bother showing up to vote. 

14 hours ago, GhostBox said:

It’s the same here in WV. Everyone already knows a Republican will win so alot of people who lean left don’t even bother showing up to vote. 

All that does is guarantee a win for Republicans. That's what they want, for most voters to stay home and not vote. Louisiana elected a Democratic governor two times before Jeff Landry, and that's because voter turnout was higher. It's so sad to see people just throw their on rights away; they'll be complaining about how things are just one year from now, guaranteed.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.