Joe Biden protested at HRC event by Jewish activist: "Let Gaza live! Ceasefire now!"

Communion

Do people think Joe Biden controls everything around the world? Even if he called for a ceasefire, the Israeli gov't would not fall in line. :rip: 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Do people think Joe Biden controls everything around the world? Even if he called for a ceasefire, the Israeli gov't would not fall in line. :rip: 

Sure, but he has more power than most… he is the POTUS. 

5 minutes ago, Sannie said:

He’s the one who has promised unconditional aid to Israel. His press secretary denounced calls for de-escalation as “repugnant.” Please be serious :skull:

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Him not giving his unequivocal backing to the Israeli government as he recently did would already help

The US has sent Israel a total of $158 billion (not adjusted for inflation) in bilateral assistance and missile defense funding since 1948.

https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/how-us-tax-dollars-have-supported-israel-and-its-military-for-75-years-and-whats-next-for-american-aid/articleshow/104400105.cms

When bombs and missiles are exploding in Gaza, they are funded by the US taxpayer.

The US President has a huge amount of leverage with Israel. and the people that voted for the president, voted for those bombs too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

The entire political spectrum show-ponying support for Israel because they think that's the popular option. **** all politicians tbh

1 minute ago, Letemtalk said:

The US has sent Israel a total of $158 billion (not adjusted for inflation) in bilateral assistance and missile defense funding since 1948.

https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/how-us-tax-dollars-have-supported-israel-and-its-military-for-75-years-and-whats-next-for-american-aid/articleshow/104400105.cms

When bombs and missiles are exploding in Gaza, they are funded by the US taxpayer.

The US President has a huge amount of leverage with Israel. and the people that voted for the president, voted for those bombs too.

Exactly. Americans are at fault for this. And the continued bloodshed worldwide with arms purchased from the US, Americans have blood on their hands. 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

The same HRC that said Raytheon was the top LGBT workplace? Well done activist. :clap3:

17 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Do people think Joe Biden controls everything around the world? 

Reports are showing that the Biden admin is literally trying to bribe the Egyptian government to take in 2M Gazans as perpetual refugees and allow Israel to complete a mission of ethnically cleansing Gaza. And once Palestinians no longer live in Gaza, what do some of you think will happen to the rest remaining in the West Bank?

I’m certainly not saying Biden has done a great job by any stretch of the definition, but given the shitshow he walked into and the massive amount of red tape he has to deal with - he has done… better than his predecessor and better than Bush. Not a high bar, but not the worst. Idk what agreements the USA has signed with Israel. Some of them are public record and some aren’t. I don’t agree with what Hamas/Gaza has been doing but Israel has also done some really shitty things (very recently) so idk. I’m not connected or as educated on the whole situation over there so I can’t comment on all of it but to sit here and blame Biden for what is effectively a contractual machine set in motion by his predecessors isn’t fair. 

Addendum: @ClashAndBurn since you downvoted, I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Yes Biden promised all the unconditional aid he is able to give to Israel. I’m certainly not okay with all that Israel has done in regards to Palestinians but in this particular situation, what would you suggest and why?

Edited by loveisdead9582
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

The US is the enemy of progress and we can only create a better world when it is held accountable for the immense violence and destruction inflicted.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I’m certainly not saying Biden has done a great job by any stretch of the definition, but given the shitshow he walked into and the massive amount of red tape he has to deal with - he has done… better than his predecessor and better than Bush. Not a high bar, but not the worst. Idk what agreements the USA has signed with Israel. Some of them are public record and some aren’t. I don’t agree with what Hamas/Gaza has been doing but Israel has also done some really shitty things (very recently) so idk. I’m not connected or as educated on the whole situation over there so I can’t comment on all of it but to sit here and blame Biden for what is effectively a contractual machine set in motion by his predecessors isn’t fair. 

"Not fair" when he's the most committed Zionist president we've ever had. He's not doing this out of obligation. He enthusiastically supports the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. :dies: 

He deserves ALL of the blame and more. **** Joe Biden.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sannie said:

He could stop giving them weapons and funding their terrorism. That might be a good start. 

I really do want to commend and show solidarity to all the jewish people out there standing up for what is right and standing with palestine. It really does take tremendous intelligence and guts to go against the dominant Zionist ideology in that entire religious community, especially when several of them are out here calling for and justifying genocide. My good Jewish friend is disgusted and feeling gaslit by her entire community rn and is considering renouncing her faith which is heartbreaking to hear. 

• Like 1

It's powerful to see Jewish voices being brave and speaking up to stop massacre in Gaza, hopefully more join too!

• Like 1

Great speech from Biden. Literally the most pro lgbt president we have ever had 👏🏼👏🏼🤷🤷

• Thumbs Down 3

14 hours ago, Sannie said:

Agreed. Also if Biden was seen as anything less than supporting Israel he would be trashed by every media outlet in this country. (Unlike Trump who can say anything he wants like praising hamas and the media ignores it) 💀

“…but let me drop another billion dollar at their doorstep and some weapons” 

• ATRL Moderator
On 10/14/2023 at 9:57 PM, Sannie said:

Of all things to say this about regarding what the presidency should or shouldn't do, foreign policy isn't one of them. This is literally the area of action the president has the most power to make moves. :rip:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
On 10/15/2023 at 12:07 PM, GhostBox said:

Agreed. Also if Biden was seen as anything less than supporting Israel he would be trashed by every media outlet in this country. 

Ahh, the big scary media, I'm sure the people in Gaza being bombed will understand.

Part of being a leader is standing up for the right thing, even if it isn't the easiest thing to do. This is a pitiful excuse.

As an example, Biden's decision to withdraw out of Afghanistan was lambasted by the media and, despite that, the majority of Americans still viewed the decision favorably. Do you think Biden should have stayed in Afghanistan due to the fear of getting pushback from the media?

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.