Do any of you guys like classical music?

réveuse

she’s cute when you’re studying or w/e but i don’t really use ha for anything else :sistrens:

Yes :smile:

I think this one falls under Romantic rather than Classical if we want to be technical but the part at 3:18 is just :jonny3:

2 hours ago, Pendulum said:

yes, I'm a Dvořák stan 

ab.thumb.gif.77d400634a47cfd610f0fa7ad18

I love me some Sezen Aksu too 

Sezen is a queen, her cover of Sertap Erener’s Lal makes me cry every time

6 hours ago, LadyDiana said:

Another opera fan here :celestial2:will watch la boheme this weekend, should be a good production, nothing experimental or avant-garde. Since I live in germany I feel blessed with tons of classical music event-opportunities all around me. Still I find MET opera the best in the world

3 hours ago, popmusicisdead said:

yes i'm an opera girl. Puccini is THAT b*tch

Puccini had Madama Butterfly, I’ll give him THAT! 

BUT, it’s Rossini, Verdi, Wagner & Bellini for me :clap3:

OT: Yes, we love opera! We need an opera base!

1 hour ago, jesus del rey said:

Sezen is a queen, her cover of Sertap Erener’s Lal makes me cry every time

Spill, I love her sampling of the smasha Stereo Love in this one

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bacardo Royale said:

Same I've been listening to him all day

PWUTc1n.gif%20

help, not you serving culture all of a sudden ?

PWUTc1n.gif%20

he kinda ended careers with Slavonic Dances op. 46 no. 7

9 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

help, not you serving culture all of a sudden ?

PWUTc1n.gif%20

he kinda ended careers with Slavonic Dances op. 46 no. 7

Now sis I've always had a diverse taste, but thanks I just added the Slavonic Dances to my spotify

PWUTc1n.gif%20

15 hours ago, Finite said:

Puccini had Madama Butterfly, I’ll give him THAT! 

BUT, it’s Rossini, Verdi, Wagner & Bellini for me :clap3:

OT: Yes, we love opera! We need an opera base!

Tell me know, how does one get into Wagner? I really tried few times and it didn't really work for me. Last try was Tristan und Isolde, I gave up after 30 min

8 hours ago, LadyDiana said:

Tell me know, how does one get into Wagner? I really tried few times and it didn't really work for me. Last try was Tristan und Isolde, I gave up after 30 min

I think it’s like drinking beer or eating a food you really dislike, it’s an acquired taste and takes the right timing before it kicks in.

A large part of it for me is hearing the “right” singer for the right role, or else I lose interest immediately. Kirstin Flagstad, Martha Mödl, Birgit Nilsson, Melchior & Ramon Vinay knew how to embody those long operas and make them interesting and keep your attention, and that was at a time when there were only audio recordings (and rarely any video).

I also think, you either like Wagner or you don’t. The only ones I can really stomach are Liebestod, Parsifal & Die Walküre but The Ring Cycle? Forget about it that’s 12 whole hours. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Finite said:

I think it’s like drinking beer or eating a food you really dislike, it’s an acquired taste and takes the right timing before it kicks in.

A large part of it for me is hearing the “right” singer for the right role, or else I lose interest immediately. Kirstin Flagstad, Martha Mödl, Birgit Nilsson, Melchior & Ramon Vinay knew how to embody those long operas and make them interesting and keep your attention, and that was at a time when there were only audio recordings (and rarely any video).

I also think, you either like Wagner or you don’t. The only ones I can really stomach are Liebestod, Parsifal & Die Walküre but The Ring Cycle? Forget about it that’s 12 whole hours. 

I liked Tannhäuser. But you are right, it might kicked in at some point with me, or maybe I'll never get to apriciate it. Oh yeah I've tried ring cycle once, left it after first opera, have no idea what that was all about.

Btw La Boheme at Karlsruhe was A m A z I n G!!! Production was very simillar to the classic MET production, but still different. I had soo much fun. My friend was blown away. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LadyDiana said:

I liked Tannhäuser. But you are right, it might kicked in at some point with me, or maybe I'll never get to apriciate it. Oh yeah I've tried ring cycle once, left it after first opera, have no idea what that was all about.

Btw La Boheme at Karlsruhe was A m A z I n G!!! Production was very simillar to the classic MET production, but still different. I had soo much fun. My friend was blown away. 

The TASTE jumped OUT! :jonny5:

I so badly want to go see an opera overseas at one of the big opera houses because I’ve only ever been to opera’s here in the United States

6 hours ago, Finite said:

The TASTE jumped OUT! :jonny5:

I so badly want to go see an opera overseas at one of the big opera houses because I’ve only ever been to opera’s here in the United States

It's not even a big opera haus, I mean nothing famous like MET in nyc or royal opera haus in London but the quality is just the same. We had really good seats and they were like 25e, that's standard price. So what I'm trying to say, germany invest in these kind of things so you get great productiong, sets , singers, without having to go broke to see them

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LadyDiana said:

It's not even a big opera haus, I mean nothing famous like MET in nyc or royal opera haus in London but the quality is just the same. We had really good seats and they were like 25e, that's standard price. So what I'm trying to say, germany invest in these kind of things so you get great productiong, sets , singers, without having to go broke to see them

Thank you so much for this advice! :hug:

• Like 1

Absolutely. I just went to a rendition of Holst’s The Planets (one of my favorite symphonies) a few months ago.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

Absolutely. I just went to a rendition of Holst’s The Planets (one of my favorite symphonies) a few months ago.

I love First Suite in E-flat.

23 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

I love First Suite in E-flat.

Taste! :clap3:

Yes, Bach is my 2nd most streamed artist this year :foxaylove2: Other faves are Ravel, Debussy, Tchaikovsky, Chopin, and Stravinsky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.