Do any of you guys like classical music?

réveuse

I do like classical music, but I don't listen to it very regularly. I'm a big opera fan though. Wbu?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kevin Parker said:

I do like classical music, but I don't listen to it very regularly. I'm a big opera fan though. Wbu?

Classical music is one of my top 3 genres!

Another opera fan here :celestial2:will watch la boheme this weekend, should be a good production, nothing experimental or avant-garde. Since I live in germany I feel blessed with tons of classical music event-opportunities all around me. Still I find MET opera the best in the world

• Like 1

Yes

that was a classical, that was a classical :jonnycat:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, LadyDiana said:

Another opera fan here :celestial2:will watch la boheme this weekend, should be a good production, nothing experimental or avant-garde. Since I live in germany I feel blessed with tons of classical music event-opportunities all around me. Still I find MET opera the best in the world

That's nice, I hope you have a wonderful time.

• Like 1

yes

i like everything has a good melody so how can you not like Mozart, Vivaldi, Bethooven, Chopin. I often hear to Cajkovsky ballets and i really like Puccini. 

I think most modern pop listeners just didn't give this kind of music a chance but if you like i don't know Abba you certainly gonna love Puccini. It's not too much sophisticated for your brain. The only genre i don't like and i find tedious is the experimental music without a clear melody...ambient, fusion, tribal and these related genres.

Edited by vale9001

I do like it though it's not something I listen to much anymore. I used to play piano a lot and that was mainly classical stuff. I also used to like to listen to it when I was revising for exams because of the lack of lyrics

My first music love is Classical, but mostly Baroque, i.e. 90% J.S. Bach. I'm a Bach girlie.

Y'alls faves could never. My main goal in life is to learn to competently play all of Bach's keyboard works.

I also have some hot stan Classical takes, like Mozart overrated flop (but he did have some bops). Take this example from stan twitter circa 1950:

• Like 1

Of course, there are so many legendary and beautiful classical songs. I recently had a phase listening to many different violin concert, and this one is my favorite, it goes so hard: 

I also love all the piano concertos by Beethoven, and many of his symphonies are so iconic. And who could forget this iconic queer movie moment featuring Vivaldi (spoilers for Portrait of a Lady on Fire):

This one has to be one of the most extra but beautiful pieces ever made. Tchaikovsky really said "classical music will never be lowbrow":

The scale and complexity of some of these pieces, and the amount of effort and practice required by every orchestra member to bring them alive is really mind-boggling tbh.

8 minutes ago, moo said:

Mozart really lived in the house that Bach built, but tbh Bach Mozart and Beethoven are all legendary icons, flourishing in their own lanes :clap3: Beethoven is my fave for the sheer range he has and how ahead of his time he was. Truly the Diana Ross, Tina Turner and Madonna of their times 

• Like 1

I like Impressionism 

I've been considering going to a concert of Vivaldi's 4 Seasons and Gloria by a Czech orchestra with my mother. We've never been to one.

Edited by Take Me Apart

42 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Mozart really lived in the house that Bach built, but tbh Bach Mozart and Beethoven are all legendary icons, flourishing in their own lanes :clap3: Beethoven is my fave for the sheer range he has and how ahead of his time he was. Truly the Diana Ross, Tina Turner and Madonna of their times 

From a modern perspective it feels like all Classical composers (and some would argue contemporary music) were spawned from Bach. After all, Bach did popularize tempered tunings (see The Well-Tempered Clavier), leading to the use of Equal Temperament for everything (a travesty tbh).

But in Bach's day, he was not really well appreciated. One of his sons, C.P.E. Bach, was even called "The Great Bach" in his lifetime, which would be an absurd take today. The Classical period of classical music was partly a reaction to the overly complex and aristocratic feel of Baroque period contrapuntal music. Mozart was creating the pop music of his time. Bach on the other hand was in his own world, and continued to explore complex counterpoint compositions well after such music was out of favor. If it was not for Felix Mendelssohn and the subsequent Bach revival of the early 19th century, he would likely have been mostly forgotten and much of his works lost.

But Mozart was certainly aware of and much admired Bach, as that historical archival footage (colorized) indicates. IMO he's a great gateway to better and more interesting classical music, but he certainly deserves his place in the Classical pantheon. He really was the first rockstar musician. Personally I have great fondness for his piano concertos. There's something so pure about the cadenzas in them, they were like guitar solos at the end of classic rock songs. I imagine 18th century girlies throwing their corsets on stage while he was performing them.

Edited by moo

Mozart,Beethoven, tchaikovsky

Also (not classical) but i love some new age as well like Yani ( i know that it's popular to hate his work as it's viewed as "childish" etc) but his instrumentals are the epitome of nostalgia and relaxing. 

I also ADORE hanzimmer and his music. I just basically love instrumental music. Sometimes even more so than the singing aspect to a certain song. 

I recall having a particular interest in Gioachino Rossini. I generally do like classical music, even if I still have yet to truly venture into it in any real sense.

yes i'm an opera girl. Puccini is THAT b*tch

yes, I'm a Dvořák stan 

ab.thumb.gif.77d400634a47cfd610f0fa7ad18

33 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

Yes but not Western classical music

I love me some Sezen Aksu too 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.