TMZ: Taylor Swift could earn $4.1 billion from the Eras Tour

Carry My Heart

4 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

They're probably counting the re ticket price, which doesn't go to her pocket. 

This. :rip:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carry My Heart

• Liafen

• perpetual novice

• LiamVillain

She would become the richest musician alive surpassing the likes of Rihanna, Selena, Beyonce, Jayz etc without selling cosmetics like all her peers :clap3:

Who the f is doing their math? :deadbanana2:

Evrn if taylor got 100% if the profit, she wouldn't have earned anything close to that number :rip:

But she will make hundreds of millions for sure

Edited by Johnny Jacobs

10 hours ago, Vespertine said:

That’s actually the least crazy part of this IMO. The numbers they used to get to $4b are all wrong, but it’s not unfathomable that Taylor and Her team could’ve negotiated for 105% (though to think She personally nets all 105% is a little silly).  

Some of the top legacy touring acts like the Rolling Stones and Madonna have been reported to make 90% of the face value of ticket sales. Promoters and venues don’t make most of their money off ticket sales at the end of the day — it’s about all the money they make surrounding the ticket sales and the concert (extra fees, parking fees, food and drink, a cut of the merch sales, etc). 

In theory, they could view a Taylor tour as such a gauranteed sell-out tour with so much extra income generated that it doesn’t matter if they lose money on the ticket sales. It’s sort of like selling video game consoles at a loss to push game sales. 

85-90% is a fairly typical take home for the artist from ticket sales, a promoter will usually receive 10-15%. the main issue with this article is that it conflates taylor swift the artist with taylor swift the business. her business will take in BILLIONS from this tour, but will lose it through taxes, paying for the production, repaying advances and investments, staffing and more. her personal take home will still be north of 200m, potentially by a lot, but it wont be near $1bn let alone $4bn. 

• Like 1

They really hate Taylor huh?

Set her up like this :priceless:

The way she is bankrupting her fans so that she can make a billion and y'all are celebrating her :deadbanana2:Celebrity culture is truly something.

Btw, this isn't specifically targeted at Taylor, but anyone that's literally milking their fans dry.

• Like 2

Probably 9 Million people attend the tour (61500 per concert). Worldwide her average ticket price sold at face value is probably $220. I highly doubt the average fan around the world spends $215 at the merchandise booth. $90 sounds more realistic. 

9 Million*$220= 2 billion $ 

9 Million*$90= 810 Million $

Tour revenue with merch about 2.8 billion $. 

can she give me like 1-2million please, just pocket change! thanks tay

51 minutes ago, UnderratedVocalist said:

The way she is bankrupting her fans so that she can make a billion and y'all are celebrating her :deadbanana2:Celebrity culture is truly something.

Btw, this isn't specifically targeted at Taylor, but anyone that's literally milking their fans dry.

Fans are “bankrupting” themselves. 

6 hours ago, 2NE1 said:

I mean, true

On 10/14/2023 at 8:05 AM, Goaty said:

That, or the final gross comes out and the response is “…That’s it? We were expecting 4 billion” :rip: 

spacer.png

On 10/14/2023 at 10:14 AM, Blue Rose said:

down from the 6 Billions previously estimated? the tickets are getting shipped back 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 2NE1 said:

ME reading this, while on a landline phone, waiting for my damn local cinema to pick up coz I’m watching Eras Film again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.