act ii: Better singer/vocalist here?

Devin

Vote  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Round 1

2. 2. Round 2

3. 3. Round 3

6 minutes ago, LikeATattoo said:

But why would we be talking about current Mariah and not prime Mariah? Like, what sense would it make to compare someone’s prime ability to another person’s post-prime ability?

I'm literally talking about both of their primes and saying that Ari would be lightyears ahead if we were to compare her to today's Mariah. there would be no question about it.

at their primes, I think they are close. suburban thinks Mariah is "on another planet."

10 minutes ago, kimberly said:

I'm literally talking about both of their primes and saying that Ari would be lightyears ahead if we were to compare her to today's Mariah. there would be no question about it.

at their primes, I think they are close. suburban thinks Mariah is "on another planet."

And @suburbannature is absolutely correct lol. Mariah is top 5 of all time (at the minimum). Ariana, while awesome, is something different.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, LikeATattoo said:

And @suburbannature is absolutely correct lol. Mariah is top 5 of all time (at the minimum). Ariana, while awesome, is something different.

to each their own. I agree they are different.

for me, Mariah Carey is a better technical singer (what she does, she does impeccably) but with style and versatility in the equation, I give the *slightest* edge to Ariana.

I'm not understanding all this (subjective) pushback. isn't this a poll? are we not allowed opinions (that don't even say anything negative about Mariah's vocal abilities)? they are both A+ vocalists in my book. we were asked to pick, and I explained my choice because I was in the minority. y'all don't need to continue arguing with me by presenting subjective statements as facts and it's clear most of the voters prefer Mariah.

Edited by kimberly

4 minutes ago, kimberly said:

for me, Mariah Carey is a better technical singer (what she does, she does impeccably) but with style and versatility in the equation, I give the *slightest* edge to Ariana.

I'm not understanding all this (subjective) pushback. isn't this a poll? are we not allowed opinions (that don't even say anything negative about Mariah's vocal abilities)? they are both A+ vocalists in my book. we were asked to pick, and I explained my choice because I was in the minority. y'all don't need to continue arguing with me by presenting subjective statements as facts and it's clear most of the voters prefer Mariah.

and people are responding to you with their perspectives. give it up.

4 minutes ago, kimberly said:

Sorry, but there’s absolutely nothing subjective about the statement that Mariah is/was a better (vocal) musician than Ariana. Your “versatility” stance on each woman’s singing is also odd, given that Mariah (again, objectively) trumps Ariana in that specific area too.

I’m honestly not even trying to combative here, so I’ll just bow out atp.

3 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

and people are responding to you with their perspectives. give it up.

there is nothing to respond to. you need to give it up because I am not going to suddenly change my opinion just because you told me I'm wrong 7 times with no real rhyme or reason.

unless you want to provide video clips and explain to me specifically in which ways Mariah is superior ("on another planet") to Ariana, which could lead me to actually reevaluate my opinion, there is no point in responding to my post again and again saying I'm wrong.

this was not and will never be a true or false question.

1 minute ago, kimberly said:

there is nothing to respond to. you need to give it up because I am not going to suddenly change my opinion just because you told me I'm wrong 7 times with no real rhyme or reason.

unless you want to provide video clips and explain to me specifically in which ways Mariah is superior ("on another planet") to Ariana, which could lead me to actually reevaluate my opinion, there is no point in responding to my post again and again saying I'm wrong.

this was not and will never be a true or false question.

No one needs that evidence because it's obvious to anyone who knows anything about vocals :deadbanana4:

youtube is free

On the subject of Ariana’s versatility; can she do anything below?

Edited by LikeATattoo
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

No one needs that evidence because it's obvious to anyone who knows anything about vocals :deadbanana4:

youtube is free

ok.

:suburban:

2 minutes ago, LikeATattoo said:

Like…I’m craving seriousness right now.

I need people to educate themselves on her prime fr

• Like 1

How on earth can Ariana be more versatile than Mariah? Mariah subconsciously has a better understanding of any genre she is singing than most other singers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2023 at 8:47 PM, Katamari said:

mariah could easily do imagine but ariana could never do without you or anytime you need a friend :suburban:

Could she ? Because she couldn't do GTFO without lipping most of it. 

Also Ariana could probably do those songs but would do so in her own style. 

On 10/13/2023 at 9:49 PM, kimberly said:

Don't waste your time with that user. He has a history of bullying users on here. You are entitled to your opinion :)

rather late to this but

Kelly (this pains me as overall Adele is the superior artist in every way but she struggles so much live even when she looks like she tension free)

Mariah (frankly I never considered Ariana a great vocalist in the traditional sense. when it comes to the best singer to emerge in the last decade most of them arent American mainstream at all)

Rihanna (with good enough training she could have been a talented riffer fr. she shines on her more R&B tracks imo)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.