Update: State of emergency declared in France after terrorist attack kills teacher

VOSS

OP:

A teacher was killed Friday and several people injured in a knife attack at a public school in Arras, northern France, according to CNN affiliate BFMTV.

A worker at the school is in critical condition after receiving several stab wounds and a second teacher was wounded less seriously, BFMTV reported.

The suspect has been put under investigation for terrorism, the French national anti-terrorist prosecutor’s office announced Friday.

Following the attack in Arras, “the national anti-terrorist prosecutor’s office has opened an investigation for the following — murder in relation to a terrorist initiative; attempted murder in relation to a terrorist initiative; association of terrorist wrongdoer in preparation for crimes against people,” the prosecutor’s office said in a statement.

According to BFMTV, the suspect is a 20-year-old man of Chechen origin whom French authorities previously announced was under “active surveillance” ahead of the incident.

According to BFMTV, the suspect cried “Allahu Akbar” during the attack. His brother was also reportedly detained.

On Friday afternoon, French President Emmanuel Macron traveled to the public school where the incident occurred, and said the attack shows “the barbarism of Islamist terrorism.”

Macron expressed his condolences to the family of the teacher killed, adding that their bravery “saved many people.”

French police have posted on X asking people to avoid the area and to avoid spreading misinformation online about the incident.

Source

Edited by VOSS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carter

• Delirious

• Riverbank

• ScorpiosGroove

Top Posters In This Topic

The poor French teachers who have to worry about getting beheaded or stabbed. Smh

• Like 12

barbaric and vile

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

JustLikeHoney

The far left seems to forget why terrorism is bad. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I used to defend the people hoping they would eventually assimilate and practice according to the laws of the country they reside but they absolutely refuse to secularize. Deport them all.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Take Me Apart said:

The perpetrator was already known to be dangerous and was supposed to be deported a few years ago, a communist association protested against it.

Yikes....

RIP to the victims and speedy recovery for the others. This is so sad

6 minutes ago, Kimbra said:

I used to defend the people hoping they would eventually assimilate and practice according to the laws of the country they reside but they absolutely refuse to secularize. Deport them all.

Imo we should not deport women or children. They can stay. Just the adult men who do not want to assimilate in the first place. They're ALWAYS the problem. It's always the men.

• Like 4

Religion of peace

:clack:

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Take Me Apart said:

The perpetrator was already known to be dangerous and was supposed to be deported a few years ago, a communist association protested against it.

RIP to the teacher. Enough is enough

In fact his brother went to jail for 18 months for spreading ISIS propoganda. And yet magically France didn't deport them or watch them? It's also France's gov at fault here. They need stricter laws and punishments

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, VOSS said:

According to BFMTV, the suspect cried “Allahu Akbar” during the attack. His brother was also reportedly detained.

When will this murderers "in the name of god" be stopped? 

I hope it won't be too late

Edited by Johnny Jacobs

5 minutes ago, Delirious said:

In fact his brother went to jail for 18 months for spreading ISIS propoganda. And yet magically France didn't deport them or watch them? It's also France's gov at fault here. They need stricter laws and punishments

I wonder if this attack has something to do with the global "Day of Jihad" that Hamas was inciting.

RIP. This is such a terrifying way to die

RIP to the victim. I hope that this will be the only attack inspired by Hamas' call for a day of Jihad (if that turns out to be the motivation of this murderer)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Take Me Apart said:

Well, color me shocked

• Like 1

Just now, Karla Cabello said:

any muslim here? isn't it murder forbidden on the quran?

Yes it is, but according to them, as long you murder a non-believer it is ok. Same reason why apostasy = death is accepted and why families target and kill ex Muslims even overseas.

• Like 2

why is it that EVERY terrorist ever in France was "under active surveillance" ? legit every single time… why aren’t they either shipped back to the **** holes from where they came or under active surveillance in a jail cell ? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

why is it that EVERY terrorist ever in France was "under active surveillance" ? legit every single time… why aren’t they either shipped back to the **** holes from where they came or under active surveillance in a jail cell ? 

Cause that would be common sense 

• Like 2

Just now, SapphireSky said:

Cause that would be common sense 

wbk France doesn’t posses any of that

we can hardly be shocked tho when we have active ministers proudly proclaiming that "it’s better to have the terrorists in France than in their home countries for easier surveillance”… seems like that’s going great :deadbanana:

42 minutes ago, VOSS said:

According to BFMTV, the suspect cried “Allahu Akbar” during the attack.

Oh My God Omg GIF by VH1

18 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

any muslim here? isn't it murder forbidden on the quran?

yes it is, we don’t view those people as muslims

like the rest of the world we have psychopaths that uses islam to justify whatever they wanna do

but if your a true musilm, the prophet taught his people to be nice and friendly with their jews neighbors 

terrorist attacks happens everywhere in the world, and not all of it is tied to islam

Edited by Carter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.