Who do you prefer? : Lil Nas vs Troye Sivan vs Sam Smith

Darkgalord

Favorite gay male musician / artist ?   

134 members have voted

1. 1. Better discography/ music/ aesthetics?

• Troye Sivan
    • Lil Nas X
    • Sam Smith

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• Kayseri Mantisi

• Jaye

• Riverbank

Top Posters In This Topic

Troye is the best artist

Sam has the best catalogue

Nas is the best performer

If you asked me last year I’d have said LNX but Troye has really stepped his bussy up this era so I’m going to have to say him! He’s been killing it

Sam is the best vocalist by a mile but I really don’t consume their music that much

Edited by teenager

Sam is the best artist and can pull off a lot of different things, also can clearly change their image and still succeed.

Sam has the best overall discography, but Troye is making the best music from 2020 onwards. 

Sam is the best performer.

Sam washes the other 2 in a lot of ways tbh

Sam best vocalist 

Lil Nas X best visuals/concepts/performances 

Troye best albums 

They're all very different 

Nas and Sam, they are only ones that move me

• Like 1

I'd say Troye > Lil Nas X > Sam

I don't really actively dislike any of them, but none of them have really made great full projects (maybe besides In a Dream EP). Sam especially though really needs to step it up since they have 4 albums and I think their best is like a 2.5/5 :priceless: Troye I don't see getting to major excellence down the line (seems to want to shove tons of middling songs on his albums when he needs more Rushes or My My Mys), but there is potential. LNX has the most potential since he doesn't have a lot of albums out and his debut album was pretty good... we'll see.

Troye is hot, and Sam has great music, but lbr the STAR of this generation of pop boys is Lil Nas X, nobody's doing it like him. 

Edited by WildOne
  • Like 2

Sam Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lil Nas X >> Troye 

I like all three but Sam has the better songs/lyrics out of them 3 

The one that collab with my idol :giraffe:

Definitely Troye. He's been consistent in his artistry and I find him to have a very likable personality. Lil Nas X is a close second, but I do like his celebrity and persona more than I do his music—which I still do enjoy.

I listen to Troye the most 

Troye has the best music, but Lil Nas created MOMENTS, we need him back

Voted for Troye tho

Sam… Smith

After today?

Troye>>>>>>>>>>>nas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sam

or you can like all 3 and dance all night 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Before Sam started identifying as literal camp, I would have voted for Sam. Since that is now the case, I vote for Troye. I am however very much looking forward to new music from Lil Nas. If he had more of a discography under his belt I would have voted for him.

Edited by Gladiator

Troye has been consistently great since Bloom. Easy win for me - the others haven’t delivered a project as strong as any of his last 3 (counting the EP).

Troye > Sam > Lil Nas

Lil Nas X is a meme first artist second and Sam is nonbinary, not gay man.

One thing the title of this thread made me realize is that we have three gay MPB’s, that each represent different parts of the LGBTQIA+ community. That’s pretty frickin cool :alexz3:

• Like 3

I know Sam and Nas have some very gay music videos, but their discographies are what I would describe as more 'normie oriented' than Troye's. Thus why both have them have way more mainstream success. Troye for me has always had more interesting music right from the beginning and I think that's why he's winning the poll.

I will say though, Sam is the only one of the three that can really sing and Nas is the only one of the three who can really perform, so just depends on what you value most.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.