• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flower moon

• kyliefever2002

• wantedyoutogrow

• Flocon

This album is so addictive :jonny2:

This is definitely like the equivalent of what Caprisongs by FKA Twigs was to me in late 2021. A staple, end-of-year fall/winter pop. Feel complete is one of the best songs of the year.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 8:28 PM, Flocon said:

#28 on UK charts.

This is pretty bad.

To Hell With It was #20 for its 1st week, and got certified Silver (60 000) a few months ago.

they couldn’t comprehend the excellence of the album so they just gave up on streaming it

On 11/17/2023 at 3:28 PM, Flocon said:

#28 on UK charts.

This is pretty bad.

To Hell With It was #20 for its 1st week, and got certified Silver (60 000) a few months ago.

There was a lot of hype for THWI in comparison. This album was announced and its rollout was almost non-existent. We were also way past BIAL, II time smashing up the charts… unfortunately. Ice was quick to capitalize and drop an EP, but PP took too long, which is fine because the album is so ******* good. She can always bounce back with a song that catches on social media, though

On 11/17/2023 at 1:28 PM, Flocon said:

#28 on UK charts.

This is pretty bad.

It seems like this didn't debut on the U.S. Top 200 either? To Hell With It at least went Top 100 there :monkey: Honestly insane that a solo debut EP fared better than a debut album with 3 big features.

I get that she blew up on TikTok, but IMO, her team needs to find a new strategy outside of the app because it's clear it won't always carry her nor translate into streams & sales.

She's missing out on a huge segment of people and really, the next level of her career, by not pushing herself in other avenues. One major one is the lack of live performances. It's insane to think that she's never done a televised performance on a Fallon or a Kimmel, an award show like the EMAs, iHeart Radio Awards, VMAS, or even the smaller intimate ones like VEVO or Tiny Desk after 3 years. It would help her widen her reach with new audiences outside of her TT followers & hopefully gain new support. Teasing a song on TT & hoping it becomes a hit isn't a reliable formula.

I don't know if she feels nervous because it's hard to replicate her studio voice, or what. But I think it explains why, although her profile has risen, her commercial power has kind of declined since the last release.

• Like 3

Honestly, the TikTok promo for this album was MINIMAL which is very odd considering it's the platform where she's the most successful.

She only posted like 1 time for Capable Of Love, 2 times for Mosquito... actually I don't even think she properly posted about the album release ONCE, she focused on Nice To Meet You instead :deadbanana4:

20 hours ago, iKnowles said:

It seems like this didn't debut on the U.S. Top 200 either? To Hell With It at least went Top 100 there :monkey: Honestly insane that a solo debut EP fared better than a debut album with 3 big features.

I get that she blew up on TikTok, but IMO, her team needs to find a new strategy outside of the app because it's clear it won't always carry her nor translate into streams & sales.

She's missing out on a huge segment of people and really, the next level of her career, by not pushing herself in other avenues. One major one is the lack of live performances. It's insane to think that she's never done a televised performance on a Fallon or a Kimmel, an award show like the EMAs, iHeart Radio Awards, VMAS, or even the smaller intimate ones like VEVO or Tiny Desk after 3 years. It would help her widen her reach with new audiences outside of her TT followers & hopefully gain new support. Teasing a song on TT & hoping it becomes a hit isn't a reliable formula.

I don't know if she feels nervous because it's hard to replicate her studio voice, or what. But I think it explains why, although her profile has risen, her commercial power has kind of declined since the last release.

Actually, we don't know yet if the album made it to the US charts.

We will know about it like tomorrow or tuesday, I think.

I know she wasn't really in the mood to do an actual album, she was a bit lazy, this is what she said in a recent interview.

But the TikTok promo + a BBC live lounge were the bare minimum for that IMO

For what it's worth, this album is doing very very well within that "alternative" electronic pop girl niche. Tons of acclaim & every track crossed 1M streams in a week, outpacing Caroline, Rina, FKA twigs, Kelela, and Kim's latest albums... pretty sure this is even outpacing Charli's pre-Crash releases.

So yeah, she might not have captured TikTok virality with this album, but these are still great numbers. I have no doubt that this will be a "sleeper" album that further grows her fanbase.

• Like 8

the singles weren't bad choices either but it seems like they didn't get that much of a push

the album is much better than to hell with it and hopefully nice to meet you offers some stability 

10 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

ouch... this is bad considering her SPS. it deserves a whole lot better.

Wtf? #61? I literally thought this would go top 15… considering it has a top 3 hit. At least the album’s good so i dont mind but damn. She’s fizzling out.

• Like 1

Better than To Hell With It (#73)

Considering Boy's a liar, the only single promoted over there, got OUT of the Hot 100 since July 2023, it's really decent.

And her tour is selling great in Europe and US (she even added dates in the US)

The 2nd week will be awful though.

this is really AOTY like even the songs that I didn’t like that much at first are growing on me a lot

:1stplace: – Feel complete

:2ndplace: – Capable of love

:3rdplace: – Feelings

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.