Is Cardi B coming back?

Aethereal

Is Cardi coming back?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Is she?

With the string of underperformances, how do you see her future? How much do you think her next album will open? Do you think she will outperform Pink Friday 2?

Edited by Aristotle

17 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

With the string of underperformances, how do you see her future? How much do think her next album will open? Do you think she will outperform Pink Friday 2?

I don’t see it :sorry:

• Haha 4

Her name still generates a lot of interest online so she can still revover with the right songs.

Do i see it tho? based on her last releases, no. i don't see it. but it's a possibility! 

• Like 3

I don't see the poll?

It's not something I consider to happen likely but I also wouldn't rule it out. At this point, anyone can make a comeback.

No she’s over. 
The GP don’t want new Cardi B music in 2023 or beyond as evidenced by her string of flops. She doesn’t have a strong and loyal fanbase to carry her moving forward as 80% of her fans are ONMH’s who jumped on her bandwagon out of spite. She’s arguably not that talented compared to her peers or has anything to offer in the hip-hop space lyrically or sonically, so it’s not like the GP are dying for CB2 (which has been shelved anyway). The best thing going for her is her ‘meme’ like personality but even that isn’t really landing as much compared to when she first debuted :sorry:

• Like 3

If she doesn’t, it’ll be what she deserves. She wasn’t impactful enough to have her fans waiting over 6 years for a sophomore album like be soooo ffr

:khalyan:

• Like 2

She needs to stop clout chasing and really focus on developing her musical talent. Her name is huge so she'd smash with the right music and promo but for now people seem over the gimmicks. There are artists who have started from a just as bad/worse place than her talent-wise that went on to do great things so I wouldn't totally count her out.

I don't see her ever coming back if things stay the same.

Edited by Century

4 minutes ago, petty said:

If she doesn’t, it’ll be what she deserves. She wasn’t impactful enough to have her fans waiting over 6 years for a sophomore album like be soooo ffr

:khalyan:

She added flame to this for not releasing an album in 2020 or 19. Burning out within 5 years and with your third album is to be expected. But I believe even if her third album would flop she would still do better than she's doing now because she'd have a somewhat more stable audience by then.  

Edited by Aristotle
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Century said:

She needs to stop clout chasing and really focus on developing her musical talent. Her name is huge so she'd smash with the right music and promo but for now people seem over the gimmicks. There are artists who have started from a just as bad/worse place than her talent-wise that went on to do great things so I wouldn't totally count her out.

She doesn’t have any to develop. 

___

NO. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Material Girl said:

if bozos couldn’t do it, idk what other stunts she can pull

:clack:

not bozos i----

dfsdd

She's a meme rapper.  No one takes her seriously, but she can score future hits with the right music.  Bongos is honestly just a bad song, not even that it's tacky, but the song structure itself and lack of any melody is so messed up.

i mean Bongos was the only flop...lets be forreal. her verses with lotto, glorilla and migos were all critically acclaimed by rap heads. she just tried to get a hit and failed. if she just sticks to her first instinct (which was bongos wasnt gonna work) she should be fine. 

but after that she needs to start running companies like the influencer she is. 

i need her to join WWE. she needs to do films. etc. i can see her being the next Martha Stewart of sorts...but she needs to hurry before Rihanna takes that spot. 

Just now, wish said:

I can see her getting lucky with ONE more hit down the line, but she's def retiring from the rap game after this era

I can see her getting close with Nicki's Queen/Pink Friday 2 numbers if she pulls the right music as a form of comeback but I don't think she will outperform Nicki by even a considerable margin, let alone a IOP size era. 

Nicki has a loyal audience in America which she build in early 2010s by releasing multiply albums, each with a large amount of songs. Cardi should've taken notes. :michael:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, xxxlamb said:

i mean Bongos was the only flop...lets be forreal. her verses with lotto, glorilla and migos were all critically acclaimed by rap heads. she just tried to get a hit and failed. if she just sticks to her first instinct (which was bongos wasnt gonna work) she should be fine. 

but after that she needs to start running companies like the influencer she is. 

i need her to join WWE. she needs to do films. etc. i can see her being the next Martha Stewart of sorts...but she needs to hurry before Rihanna takes that spot. 

Hot **** also flopped

it’s a wrap like the things on the head of a saudi

:clack:

• Haha 1

Just now, Archetype said:

She's a meme rapper.  No one takes her seriously, but she can score future hits with the right music.  Bongos is honestly just a bad song, not even that it's tacky, but the song structure itself and lack of any melody is so messed up.

She was never a rapper. A rapper write their raps. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

24 minutes ago, Zolanski. said:

No she’s over. 
The GP don’t want new Cardi B music in 2023 or beyond as evidenced by her string of flops. She doesn’t have a strong and loyal fanbase to carry her moving forward as 80% of her fans are ONMH’s who jumped on her bandwagon out of spite. She’s arguably not that talented compared to her peers or has anything to offer in the hip-hop space lyrically or sonically, so it’s not like the GP are dying for CB2 (which has been shelved anyway). The best thing going for her is her ‘meme’ like personality but even that isn’t really landing as much compared to when she first debuted :sorry:

And despite all of this Nicki will never have an album as big as IOP or a song as big as WAP :sorry:

I think she still has enough hype to comeback. But imo this is the perfect chance for her to expand elsewhere in other formats.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.