23andMe confirms user data up for sale after online scraping spree

Espresso

I feel bad for people who fell for the “know your heritage” bullshit. Selling your data was always their priority and it was gonna make its way to people who shouldn’t have it.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Selling your data was always their priority

The company is NOT selling the data

4 hours ago, Hurem said:

I feel bad for people who fell for the “know your heritage” bullshit. Selling your data was always their priority and it was gonna make its way to people who shouldn’t have it.

Anything that involves giving away your DNA has red flags all around. I mean yeah I’m curious to see what this/Ancestry has to say but I’d never willingly send them my DNA in a tube :toofunny3:

I would never trust a company that has a close relationship with Google to have my DNA :rip: (I know they didn’t sell info but I’m pretty sure they do much worse with it). 

looks cute when u watch videos of people reacting to their ancestry but a 5min google search taught me that this sh*t is a scam. :what:

i've always wanted to do it but yeah i can never get over the fact that some dodgy company might sell my data one day :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.