Afghanistan: 4 powerful earthquakes in 8 days

Genius1111

my god, how tragic. rest in peace to so many lives. my thoughts are with anyone affected.

can someone with more climate knowledge chime in if this seeming increase of more severe earthquakes is connected to climate change? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

my god, how tragic. rest in peace to so many lives. my thoughts are with anyone affected.

can someone with more climate knowledge chime in if this seeming increase of more severe earthquakes is connected to climate change? 

The climate crisis does not directly cause earthquakes, but it has caused more extreme weather over the years. And it's this intensity that can trigger earthquakes. All of this activity puts stress on fault lines, which is the basis for how quakes occur.

jSR7rGY.gif

• Thanks 5

So tragic. Even worse knowing that people probably won’t get the help that they need. I feel so helpless watching all of this calamity unfold across the world :dancehall:

A non fatal health scare of a single high ranked politician gets more media attention than an earth quake that kills 2000+ people. And i don‘t think there will be too much help from the western world. RIP and i am very sad for these poor humans.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.