High school honor student loses scholarship for dancing at Homecoming

pride4jc1222

https://nypost.com/2023/10/06/honor-student-loses-scholarship-after-twerking-video-surfaces/

A Louisiana high school student with a 4.2 grade point average had a scholarship endorsement withdrawn after a video of her “twerking” at a homecoming after-party was posted on social media.

Kaylee Timonet, 17, a senior at Walker High School in Walker, La., was also removed as student government association president in the aftermath of the video, which was filmed at the private event at Livingston Parish Country Club on Sept. 30, according to local news blog Unfiltered with Kiran.

She was dancing at a private homecoming after-party, she wasn't twerking in class in school uniform? It's none of their ******* business. Are you not allowed to have a good time if you're an honor student now? Even her mother was in attendance and thought it was fine. 

Just as I thought:

“They basically told me I should be ashamed of myself and that they were concerned about my afterlife if I wasn’t following basically God’s ideals, which made me cry even more,” she said.

it had to be some conservative freaks behind the decision. The part about the principal printing Bible verses and speaking to her about faith is crazy lmao. :skull: 

This also reminds me of that Karen who denied a girl her diploma because she did a little celebratory dance.

• Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

This also reminds me of that Karen who denied a girl her diploma because she did a little celebratory dance.

!!!!! 

Old conservative educators need to get a ******* grip and get over themselves !!! Such nasty and ugly behavior 

I feel like she can sue (especially since it was religious discrimination) them into oblivion. 

smoore95GAGA

Good old religious conservatives. They have the right to discriminate against anyone they want to, own a gun for no good reason, but dancing? Now that’s crossing the damn line :cm:

• Like 3

such a cruel decision to make just bc she was having fun OUTSIDE of school :rip:

She should file a lawsuit if they are using religion against her. 

Yeah this is hella dumb. Why are grown adults even looking up videos of a student twerking at a private party in the first place?:celestial5:

4 hours ago, Take Me Apart said:

Don’t twerk

she can do whatever the **** she wants outside of school weirdo 

16 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

she can do whatever the **** she wants outside of school weirdo 

no she can't 

5 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

She was dancing at a private homecoming after-party, she wasn't twerking in class in school uniform? It's none of their ******* business. Are you not allowed to have a good time if you're an honor student now? Even her mother was in attendance and thought it was fine. 

Just as I thought:

it had to be some conservative freaks behind the decision. The part about the principal printing Bible verses and speaking to her about faith is crazy lmao. :skull: 

It's Louisiana; it absolutely is. We have too many ignorant and stupid people in these types of positions, making these types of decisions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.